Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 9 Years, 2 Months | DRBC: 8 Years, 5 Months
NOTICE: Forum Posts are not to be used as a link-builder to other websites.... Please Read Before Posting.

Author Topic: Difficulty pasting quotes from online articles  (Read 24376 times)

aktony

Difficulty pasting quotes from online articles
« on: March 25, 2013, 06:09:58 AM »
Ron,

Was trying to paste a quote from Seeking Alpha this morning and find the quote filled with typographic notations.  Please advise.  And many thanks for your splendid site.

Cheniere to export £10B worth of gas to U.K.[/color][/size] Cheniere ([/color][/size]LNG[/font][/size][/color]) has signed a £10B 20-year deal to provide 1.7M metric tons of natural gas per year to U.K. energy company Centrica ([/font][/color][/size]CPYYF.PK[/font][/size][/color]) in the first such agreement between a U.S. supplier and a British utility. The deal is subject to Cheniere securing financing and the required regulatory approval, which isn't necessarily such a sure thing given the opposition to gas exports in the U.S[/font][/color]

admin

• Administrator
    • RBSdot Web Development & Consulting
Re: Difficulty pasting quotes from online articles
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 08:04:17 AM »
Either the copy/paste included parenthesis around bb-code tags, or something else occurred while you were setting the font size and colors.  I stripped all of the tags.

Cheniere to export £10B worth of gas to U.K. [/size]Cheniere[/color][/size] has signed a £10B 20-year deal to provide 1.7M metric tons of natural gas per year to U.K. energy company Centrica CPYYF.PK in the first such agreement between a U.S. supplier and a British utility. The deal is subject to Cheniere securing financing and the required regulatory approval, which isn't necessarily such a sure thing given the opposition to gas exports in the U.S
"I gave my kid a new credit card after he maxed out his last one.  He maxed the new one too and it appears that I am dumb enough to give him another one."  Too late now to stop.  The debt is too big.

aktony

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 08:33:27 AM »
Either the copy/paste included parenthesis around bb-code tags, or something else occurred while you were setting the font size and colors.  I stripped all of the tags."

Unfortunately, this was the second time I tried unsuccessfully to paste an article or part of an article to the site. I do not know what a bb-code tag is and I did not set font size or colors.  What is a tag?

In other words, how does one avoid this problem?

ruby_99

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 08:51:44 AM »
This is a little bit or work, but may solve the problem.

When you paste it into the text box, can you see and edit out the  [/size] and other similar?
80ac AlleghenyCounty, PA still unleased, 70 ac Washington County finally leased
As always, use this link to sign up for Dropbox! Get rewarded with extra space for you and for me.

donegal

• Premium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 08:52:47 AM »
Hi ak.  Is THIS what you were trying to cut & paste?

"Centrica strikes £10bn deal that could see US shale gas supply UK homes
Centrica has struck a £10bn gas supply deal that could see US shale gas heating British homes by 2018.

Centrica said the 20-year deal with Cheniere Energy Partners would allow it to export enough liquefied natural gas from the US to supply 1.8m British homes each year.

"This landmark agreement represents a ...., enabling Centrica to strengthen its position along the ...... Centrica's chief executive. ....
..... welcomed the deal, With the first shipments not due from the Louisiana-based plant until 2018, the deal will do nothing to relieve the current strained gas supplies caused by a colder than expected winter. "

I find that if I highlight & cut out JUST  the typed words, (which is what I did above. Actually in two different cut & paste.....one for the operning headlines & then a second for the body of the text.) THEN, I seldom have any trouble. It's when I blanket highlight & cut  the whole page, with pictures, ads, or comment sections that BUGS creep in.

Hope that helped, if I am off-base then just pat me on the head and say, "Thanks for sharing, now please sit down."
Donegal headpat

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:39:09 PM by donegal »
We finally scuttled the Exxon Valdez (for the second time in her life), and turned in at the boatyard the ol'  gray Bismarck before she sank too..  Now I'm Captain of the most beautifulest boat ever, the "HMS HOOD", a 2012 stealth black AWD V-8 Chrysler 300.

aktony

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 09:28:39 AM »
Thanks, donegal.  I'll try your suggestion and see how it works.  handclap

admin

• Administrator
    • RBSdot Web Development & Consulting
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 12:24:57 PM »
Please....   DO NOT paste entire articles in the forums.  It causes me to have to answer nasty emails and phone calls from the original authors!

Simply post a descriptive sentence about what the the  news item or article is about,  and then provide a link to the actual article.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 01:53:47 PM by admin »
"I gave my kid a new credit card after he maxed out his last one.  He maxed the new one too and it appears that I am dumb enough to give him another one."  Too late now to stop.  The debt is too big.

donegal

• Premium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 12:36:22 PM »
Ronnie,
I'm not necessarily condoning nor promoting the activity, simply answering a question on how to cut & paste an article. 

I try to make 'em keep their hands inside the bus,
Donegal
We finally scuttled the Exxon Valdez (for the second time in her life), and turned in at the boatyard the ol'  gray Bismarck before she sank too..  Now I'm Captain of the most beautifulest boat ever, the "HMS HOOD", a 2012 stealth black AWD V-8 Chrysler 300.

aktony

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 01:39:21 PM »
I am guilty and accept the correction and apologize for any inconvenience or trouble I have caused Ron.  I will earnestly inhibit any future tendency I have to violate copyright laws!  And any other laws I might inadvertently violate!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 01:53:45 PM by aktony »

Tim W.Pa

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 07:54:25 AM »
Something interesting in addition to that story is GB only has 2 days of consumption left in storage.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:56:04 AM by tim_yc@msn.com »
" a little rebellion now and then is a good thing"
    Thomas Jefferson  30 Jan 1787

Chicken Farmer

• L. A. N. Y.
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 10:05:05 AM »
I am guilty and accept the correction and apologize for any inconvenience or trouble I have caused Ron.  I will earnestly inhibit any future tendency I have to violate copyright laws!  And any other laws I might inadvertently violate!

Repent, and ye shall see salvation ........ headpat

(the blue guy is Admin, not li'l cf)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 10:08:55 AM by Chicken Farmer »

donegal

• Premium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 10:23:20 AM »

Repent, and ye shall see salvation ........ headpat

(the blue guy is Admin, not li'l cf)

Amen Brother!  handclap handclap Let ye who has never sinned cast the first stone.......(Lord KNOWS I won't be in THAT bunch!)  ;D

Donegal

donegal

• Premium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 10:37:20 AM »
Hey Ronnie,

Can we like check an Acknowledgement that we have read:

Please! Do Not Cut And Paste ANYTHING you do not own! It is a violation of copyright laws! Use the HEADLINES link to share news items, or ARTICLES to write your own....admin ...........

THEN it could go away? P-L-E-A-S-E ??

It's spookin' me out, that 'THING' kinda' starin' at me, ALL the time.  Startin' to drive me cuurazzzy. crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy

So we was bad ONCE....a couple a times...plenty in the past.  We REPENT!
Donegal

mohawk70

• Premium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 11:18:33 AM »
Please remember:  The planet Earth is a VOLCANO.   You cannot "save" a volcano ... and volcanoes do not NEED to be saved.

donegal

• Premium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 12:24:48 PM »
PDNCAP  I LIKE that, Ronnie.  Kinda' like our club's password,....or....handshake. 

Thanks, and PDNCAP back at ya'.

Donegal

If you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button