Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 9 Years, 3 Months | DRBC: 8 Years, 6 Months
NOTICE: Forum Posts are not to be used as a link-builder to other websites.... Please Read Before Posting.

Author Topic: All acreage must be in pool  (Read 4215 times)

pbrutz

All acreage must be in pool
« on: August 12, 2011, 06:12:42 AM »
Can I require that all of my 82 acres be in the pool?  I?m worried that they will only pay me royalties for part of my acreage while still draining gas from the whole property.

gassyguy

Re: All acreage must be in pool
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 07:01:37 AM »
Probably not, but you can put in a Pugh clause which states that any land not in a pool is released from the lease (i.e., cannot be held by production from the land that is in the pool). That will indirectly give the company incentive to put all of your land in the original pool or a second pool.

Lola

Re: All acreage must be in pool
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 10:52:50 PM »
If I were leasing and had a small tract, I would require that all of my tract be included in a unit.  The company may balk, but if you stick to your guns you should be able to succeed.  I recently saw a unit designation which called for 1 acre of someone's larger tract.  I bet they wish they could redo their lease!

If you have a pugh clause and the company releases the acreage not in the pool and all the land around it is leased, I doubt that you are going to be able to lease the acreage to anyone else.

If you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button