Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 9 Years, 3 Months | DRBC: 8 Years, 6 Months
NOTICE: Forum Posts are not to be used as a link-builder to other websites.... Please Read Before Posting.

Author Topic: Unit Declaration with Cut-Out Corners?  (Read 2862 times)

whitepine

Unit Declaration with Cut-Out Corners?
« on: August 30, 2011, 12:32:52 PM »
I went down to the Lycoming County courthouse last week to check on a well near me and found a unit declaration (signed by Anadarko E & P, Chesapeake Appalachia, StatOil USA and Mitsui E & P) of about 525 acres, which includes about half of my land (yippee!).  I also found a ?Memorandum of Operating Agreement, Mortgage and Financing Statement? signed by the four above, describing a ?Contract Area? of nearly 640 acres.  The area covered in these documents is virtually the same, except that the plat in the unit declaration has several corners cut out of it, while the plat in the memorandum is almost a perfect rectangle.
A couple of the cut-off corners contain land belonging to a relative of mine, who is leased with Range.  With his permission, I checked his records at the courthouse as well, but nothing has been recorded regarding his land, except the Range lease.  I don?t know which gascos the other missing corners are leased with. 
Anadarko is the most active gasco in our immediate area, but Range is also quite active in the township, so is it likely that Range will flip this lease to the Anadarko group?  Should my relative be concerned that gas under his land may be drained without compensating him?  Should he contact Range?
Thanks.

Humphry444

Re: Unit Declaration with Cut-Out Corners?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 06:08:40 PM »
shoot,, isn' there an old landman tactic in this  GUNNER ?

He should contact a local knowledgable O&G atty,

only the unitized get royalty.

Several cases have been won . ' i forget the term "bad intent unitization"  i s the laymen's term
but those were where they BBP snagginhg 2 acres of 100t   BAD FAITH    is teh term.

Serious buseness

If you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button