Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 10 Years, 0 Months | DRBC: 9 Years, 3 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

We Are Here For All - Not just PA

• 9 Replies

admin

• RBSdot Web Development & Consulting
We Are Here For All - Not just PA
« on: April 13, 2008, 10:00:39 AM »
When we first opened this website, we were just trying to help our neighbors network together here in PA and the Southern Tier of NY.  What has happened is that in just a short time, we have received phone calls and emails from folks from Texas to Maine, and as far west as Colorado and Wyoming.

The need to acquire current information about gas and oil leasing is spread across a far larger geographic area than I ever imagined.

Some folks have visited, but have been reluctant to share, because of the name of the forum.

So, forget the forum name (We'll probably have to change that in the not too distant future) and feel free to use it to network together.  No matter what state you are in.  Just be sure to include your State and County in your post, so others will be able to respond with relevant information for your location.

As we see how needs develop, we will modify the site and forum.  Please, have patience with us while we are transitioning to a larger cause.

... ron

"I gave my kid a new credit card after he maxed out his last one.  He maxed the new one too and it appears that I am dumb enough to give him another one."  Too late now to stop.  The debt is too big.

haroldo

Re: We Are Here For All - Not just PA
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 12:32:41 PM »
Great idea!
Maybe in addition to the general, open discussion board, you might add subforums for geographically specific issues. This way general comments could be shared, amongst all viewers in the one forum, but specific local issues could be handled in the other.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 01:11:13 PM »
Ron - Sure appreciate this Forum, with out it we would all/some, I am sure be,  up that creek without paddle, and become Mushrooms, not through any falt of our own, but because of who & what we are, mostly, honest, law obeying, tax paying, Americans.
Thank you, keep the info coming, we need all we can get to make a decision that will be with us for a long, long time.

fance08

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 02:20:46 PM »
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 04:43:08 PM by admin »

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 08:56:53 PM »
Administrator, glad to hear that this forum is open to all with the same situations that exist here in PA. Besides my land in Bradford County PA, My Daughter has 40 acres in Chamung Co. NY that is not under lease to any Co. is ther any info of any activity to lease in that area of eastern Chamung Co. NY, and the going offers there.

admin

• RBSdot Web Development & Consulting
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 09:22:17 PM »
I know there is activity happening in NY State, but aside from individual emails that I have received from people spread out over a wide area, am unaware of any groups, with the exception of the Sullivan County NY group, listed in the Landowner Groups Link up on top of this page.

I believe that some of the offers are for exploration and drilling the Trenton Black River as well as the Marcellus.

Hopefully others from that area will begin to share info here.

Cornell University should also have information regarding groups and activity in the various areas.  I understand that Cornell has an active natural gas leasing team and it would be prudent for anyone beginning their search for information to contact them.

"I gave my kid a new credit card after he maxed out his last one.  He maxed the new one too and it appears that I am dumb enough to give him another one."  Too late now to stop.  The debt is too big.

rbechter

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 08:49:24 AM »
hello ,
i live on the border of pa and western maryland . you may want to add a maryland heading due to the play is there too. a freind in mt. savage ,maryland has had a offer of 700 ac left on his answering machine from cabot. i also remeber talking to landman about my swpa property and he said they had a rumor of a project in garrett county md starting in the near future , this was a month or so ago.
i,ve spread the word as much as i can , telling neighbors and freinds about the play but i think it maybe helpful to have your site touch on it .
thank you rob

pa_mng

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 02:45:06 AM »
Brother Ron,

Excellent work you've done.  We've all got alot riding on this, so keep up the good work. 

pa_mng

shushine

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 01:02:58 PM »
Thank you for this line, I am trying to learn as much as I can in a very short time about the possible leasing in my area and cohesive info is in very short supply in this area.  I have several parcels of land, and several nearby friends with parcels in the Mineral, Hampshire, Hardy County area of the Eastern Panhandle of WV.  They range from a 60 acre single plot to an 800 acre combined deed farm, and we are very unsure about the onslaught of recent offers.  Some have already signed horrible, HORRIBLE leases for 10.00 ac. on a 5 and 5 lease term with no review of the lease.......... the offers now are ranging from $100.00 - $300.00 from what we have passed on word-of-mouth...........we don't even know who the "big players" are in this area to have any idea who is even out there making offers.  VERY "hit or miss" coverage and a very rural, recessed area is causing a lot of confusion.  I am VERY glad you have made it clear all are welcome, I am now poring over this forum like a starving woman at a buffet........  Already found a post with lease addendums that was very helpful - any recommendations you may have for an absolute novice in this arena to go read will be appreciated. 
I don't expect the world from a leasing company, just don't want to be a complete fool to them.  182 ac. in Hampshire County, WV is not the world's greatest drilling site, but it's what I have to work with and I want to make the most of it. Thanks again for this forum, it has already helped a great deal.

LEGEND

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 04:53:00 PM »
Ron you are right on with this site, last i asked for sullivan co. pa child board on the drilling info. never came up. I know things are going on in the co. just trying to get more info being I dont live on the land I own there.