Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 6 Years, 0 Months | DRBC: 5 Years, 2 Months

Author Topic: interesting article about cabot  (Read 996 times)

donegal

• Premium Member
Re: interesting article about cabot
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 11:18:06 AM »
Thanks for the post, aj.

D
Captain of the Fleet's new flagship, the "Bismarck".....A Grey 2006 Chrysler 300 - OR to ya' Landlubbers - "The Butler's Bentley"  (Don't worry Sammy.  We're savin' the Exxon Valdez for ya'. Even if she's half-broke, she'll haul more 'n any Hyundai!)

macal

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 11:24:49 AM »

When they talk about wells that are 5 , 10 , 20 bcf how many acres of land are they draining. 80,100,120 ?

Isheoktoday

• Premium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 02:21:04 PM »
The tongue-in-cheek answer to what are they draining is why care?

The big question is how closely spaced are they planning to drill laterals. They have indicated as tight as 500 feet. The length of the lateral would determine the number of acres per well. If you currently have wells at 1000 feet apart, you will likely get more wells. (Eventually)

As a landowner, the hope is that they will get the highest amount of gas in place as possible.
Perhaps with the Reduced Cluster Spacing methods which they are currently using, they get a far more extensive network of fractures close to the well bore. More rock exposed, more gas freed, and more surface area within the network for gas to desorb once the pressure goes down, thus giving them a higher ultimate recovery.

Just my opinion.

When they talk about wells that are 5 , 10 , 20 bcf how many acres of land are they draining. 80,100,120 ?

macal

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 02:27:19 PM »

Next

Samuel

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 05:27:46 PM »
what is the total acreage for the Zicks?  when did they sign?  anybody?

Samuel

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 05:35:37 PM »
501 acres
Cabot boilerplate signed in 2007

macal

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 05:56:34 PM »

Five wells and a compressor station. Poor guy died just as the wells went on line.

Wax

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 08:07:20 PM »
what is the total acreage for the Zicks?  when did they sign?  anybody?
Not something I see published, in a spread sheet. I am a member of  Marcellous.org and ask them why they do not give the unit size. I forget , just what they told me, but they do not have the info.

Isheoktoday

• Premium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 08:38:45 PM »
It is split into 4 units. Zick 1 through 4. The acreage may have been amended, but this was posted about 10 months ago.
"Zick  units--  1 - 468ac.     2 - 495ac.      3 - 585ac.       4 - 357ac."

It would be great to know what the lateral length is for each of the big wells. Maybe somebody has access. Cabot has had to go as short as around 1800 feet as they did not have the acreage. They have reported issues with cooperation from landowners, and maybe other companies. Their company presentation pegs the EUR at 14 Bcf for a 4100 foot well with their tighter spaced stages. (They exclude their northern wells from this number, but I do not know what that means.)

Macal, sorry to hear somebody passed away.  Know some similar stories. The BONUS does matter.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 10:38:08 AM by Isheoktoday »

pcsheepman

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 05:52:03 PM »
I noticed in the cabot repot that they referred to two different wells with differing numbers of frack stages as follows:

A 35-stage well with a 24-hour peak rate of 41.4 MMcf/d and a 30-day average production rate of 35.9 MMcf/d.
A 13-stage well with an initial production rate of 28.5 MMcf/d and a 30-day average production rate of 20.2 MMcf/d.

I am wondering if this is being used as a limiting factor by the GasCos.
I have seen the frack perforation pipes in Montrose last year and each pipe appeared to be about 15 to 20 ft.so I wonder if all frack stages are equal. From the data provided in the Cabot report,there is an obvious correlation between the number of frack stages and the "peak rate" and the "production rate".
Given this flow rate correlation I am wondering if this is how they are doing HBP
and saving gas for higher paydays. Any thoughts would be appreciated

macal

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 06:03:19 PM »

I believe that gascos like to stage between 190 and 250 feet. I have heard of them just putting in a couple of stages to HBP. The 13 stage you refer to was a short 2500 foot lateral.

pcsheepman

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 06:28:41 PM »
Thanks for your comments. I know that you can see production figures all over the place and some have been worrying that maybe the gas isn't as good as we all thought. It may be in fact that the gascos are saving some gas for a rainy day. They actually have several options like drilling one or two wells per unit and then only fracking a few stages.
Cabot may be just showing what the true potential is in a subtle kind of way.

macal

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 06:33:54 PM »

Cabot is showboating. They have the geology and the technology. Their stock has doubled in the last year. They may have to turn it down a notch because they have reached their limit on takeaway capacity. 1,000,000,000 cubic feet / day

Donations

We work on this project completely in our spare time. Donations help go towards ongoing costs related to keeping the site running, including hosting, bandwidth, etc. It also encourages us to commit regular updates, add features, and improve the service.

It isn't required of course, but if you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button