Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 6 Years, 1 Months | DRBC: 5 Years, 4 Months

Author Topic: Natural Gas Activists Prep for FrackNation Screenings in Pa.  (Read 686 times)

NicoleJacobs

Natural Gas Activists Prep for FrackNation Screenings in Pa.
« on: April 06, 2013, 05:28:24 PM »
The producers of the documentary FrackNation have been touring the country to hold screenings and answer questions from viewers. They are in Pennsylvania this week with screenings in Philadelphia, Indiana, Scranton, and even in places like Montrose (Dimock) and Honesdale (Wayne County), both of which made appearances in the movie.

The Scranton screening of FrackNation went off without issue last night. One person was there to hand out papers with antagonistic questions to ask Phelim McAleer, but there’s nothing wrong with getting questions answered and the event remained a civil affair.  Some folks apparently don’t want that to be the case in Montrose — as you’ll see in a moment — but if respectability trumps ideology, they won’t be successful.

This really is a must see movie, and here are some details of where you can see it:

Sunday April 7 at 11:30am, &
    Sunday April 7 at 7:30pm
    Route Six Cinema Theater
    1199 Texas Palmyra Highway, Honesdale, Pa.

Monday, April 8 at 6:30pm
    Montrose Theater
    38 Public Avenue, Montrose, Pa.

Wednesday, April 10 @ 7:00pm
    Bryn Mawr Film Institute
    824 W. Lancaster Ave., Bryn Mawr, Pa. (Philadelphia)

Thursday, April 11 @ 7:00pm
    The Indiana Theater
    637 Philadelphia Street, Indiana, Pa.

Read more at http://eidmarcellus.org/marcellus-shale/natural-gas-activists-prep-for-fracknation-screenings-in-pa/19266/
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 06:01:31 PM by Kilgour Farms * »

Kilgour Farms *

• "Molon Labe"
  • Global Moderator
Re: Natural Gas Activists Prep for FrackNation Screenings in Pa.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 06:01:03 PM »
Honesdale’s first showing went without a hitch to a capacilty crowd. There were only a couple of anties at the screening and only one question, why was there no opposition in the documentary to which Phelim replied, the Saunders were given the opportunity to address the EPA findings but chose to be belligerent and Fox refused all calls to be interviewed to give his side. The security guard said that one person was outside distributing leaflets that he said most threw them away when they entered the theater. Two more showings in Honesdale on Sunday, April 7th at 11:30am and 7:30pm
You're just jealeous because the voices only talk to me!!!

Never mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness

GD

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 08:32:11 PM »
OF COURSE THEIR IS A GOD. Thanks KF.   doc

NKLM

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 06:14:23 AM »
It would be great if some showings could be scheduled in the northern tier, such as the theater in Canton or Williamsport.   

Chicken Farmer

• L. A. N. Y.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 04:37:03 PM »
I was hoping for one in Ithaca, at Cornell.

We can then invite Ingraffea, Howarth, and my buddy Walter.

NicoleJacobs

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 07:17:03 PM »
NKLM: Spoke with NARO today and they're hoping to do a few in Bradford, Tioga, Wyoming and Lycoming Counties. These are still in the works, but happy to update if I get any more information about them.

Donations

We work on this project completely in our spare time. Donations help go towards ongoing costs related to keeping the site running, including hosting, bandwidth, etc. It also encourages us to commit regular updates, add features, and improve the service.

It isn't required of course, but if you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button