Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 9 Years, 4 Months | DRBC: 8 Years, 6 Months
NOTICE: Forum Posts are not to be used as a link-builder to other websites.... Please Read Before Posting.

Author Topic: Buying solar panels with your bonus money  (Read 21404 times)

bob0usa

Re: Buying solar panels with your bonus money
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2014, 05:22:55 AM »
bob0,
Very cool ! 
One question for you,  I thought with the solar panels becoming cheaper,  it was more cost effective to just buy more solar panels instead of a tracker system.  Are you running out of space?
A couple weeks ago we replaced our propane furnace with an electric heat pump and furnace.  We will probably go with another row of panels to cover this.  My electric bill are $4.97 a month,  just love opening those bills !

Backcountry....I just want to get max output with what I have, I have the knowledge to build it my self, all except the controllers, which are cheap,  and as i said, want to get max output.
 running out of space?  no way , I have lots of room! just want to get max out of them.
siting here right now they are outputting only 20 amps,,, but the sun just came over the mountain! by 11:am they will be up to at least 50amps +.   with a tracker they would be at 50+ now! then i can increase my backup batteries even more!  I think you may understand my thoughts for this.

Wax

« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2014, 05:52:58 AM »
While a Fujitsu will run down to zero they take more "breaks" to dice when it's that cold, we tell customers they're great to about 10, but then your other heat source should take over.
This model has only been available for about a year.( 12RLS2H )  No additional heat required in Pa. Full output at -15 .
Bull, try heating with just a fujitsu when it gets below 10 degrees, you'll freeze your nunny off. Like i stated they go into de-ice mode and basicaly stop heating till the cycle is done, if not it a block of ice from cold air transfer through the compressor unit that sits outside. Even ground source heat pumps need aux. heat when temps get below 10 degrees, they have electric backup coils on the supply side of the unit. Air source like fujitsu, mitsubishi etc are great for heating and cooling and are a good heat with few draw backs except extreme cold. Oh by they way WAX we have put in over 50 just this year alone some with up to three inside wall units on one outside unit. one thing i had a laugh at was at service school the instructor said the drilling industry in Pa was putting a severe strain on the electric grid running all the rigs and equipment on pads,lol.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/126691825/2013-New-Fujitsu-Products
De-ice cycle frequency average is about 5-minutes.( a hour.) in very cold weather.  If you want to run a air source heat pump for your total heating system: you need a good insulated home. I have R-26 walls and R-49 ceiling with the best u-value windows and doors. I do not setback temperatures at night in very cold weather.  Each 1ton, 12,000btu  HP will use about 1kw a hour or $2.40 a day at full output. Hardly a strain on the grid.

duffy

« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2014, 07:57:04 AM »
You didn't read what i said about the grid or you wouldn't have answered like that. The rest makes perfect sense but every home isn't like that insulation wise.

Wax

« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2014, 10:20:16 AM »
You didn't read what i said about the grid or you wouldn't have answered like that. The rest makes perfect sense but every home isn't like that insulation wise.
I did read what (you said)the teacher said about the grid. I am aware you know how efficient heat-pumps run. I posted for others reading the forum, who may not.

If you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button