Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 5 Years, 8 Months | DRBC: 4 Years, 11 Months

Author Topic: Walker 11-25HD1 Sanilac County - Whiting Well A-1 & Cabot Head Formation Gas  (Read 13031 times)

isurus

Re: Walker 11-25HD1 Sanilac County - Whiting Well A-1 & Cabot Head Formation Gas
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2013, 08:01:59 AM »
Wow - real movement, at last.  This will be a key well in the development of the A-1 as a resource play.  Glad you'll be nearby to document it for us, Pyro - thanks.

pyro-1955

Re: Walker 11-25HD1 Sanilac County - Whiting Well A-1 & Cabot Head Formation Gas
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2013, 08:22:19 AM »
isurus, I will do my best. I expect the rig to be vertical soon and turning to the right....  I certainly hope all goes well.  I am a little concerned about the latest financial news though, apparently some Spanish equity firm is looking at possibly buying Whiting, So much for AMERICAN energy independence if they allow this to happen, we will be held hostage for our own oil...

isurus

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2013, 12:08:07 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much about Repsol.  They're actually a pretty good exploration and production company if they should buy Whiting.  But, I doubt they will; Statoil looked at Whiting last year and decided they were too expensive - and the stock has gone up about 25% since then.  Besides by the time anything could happen Whiting will have their first two wells down and tested. 

pyro-1955

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2013, 06:57:54 AM »
Taking Shape...  Not yet drilling.

steiger

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2013, 07:16:35 PM »
I would hope  they will break tower towards the end of this week
or maybe weekend.  Still a lot of work to be done though. 
But  Pollister should be rotating next week for sure.

ranchland

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2013, 11:42:08 AM »
Another glimmer of hope.
On your mark, get set, get set, get set, get set....

pyro-1955

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2013, 05:47:13 AM »
Lights on the rig overnight, do not believe they are drilling just yet, but getting close.  I will get some new photos this weekend.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

wilsontownship

• I am Fracky DAMMIT!
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2013, 06:37:54 AM »
Lights on the rig overnight, do not believe they are drilling just yet, but getting close.  I will get some new photos this weekend.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

good work Pyro, thanks for the scouting report!
Charlevoix county:  mineral owner, 40 acres, no lease.  pro-drill.  Live in AZ.

pyro-1955

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2013, 07:57:48 AM »
I can see the rig from my house, the lights were easy to spot.  Will be monitoring and scouting as frequently as I can.  Keeping in touch with the geologist, his reviews of the pictures, especially those when they are testing should give us a pretty good insight as to what the potential is.  I wish it was in my back yard, but close enough, for now.

ranchland

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2013, 02:40:41 PM »
Yeah we need someone to drill into something besides water, salt and sulfur. A bit of good news is needed. I can't think of an oil/gas play that has been this ambiguous for so long. Usually doesn't take long for a thumbs up or down but this MI scenario seems to be dragging on and on. Not dead, not in a complete coma, but slipping in and out of consciousness.
On your mark, get set, get set, get set, get set....

pyro-1955

« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2013, 01:15:22 PM »
Reported that they should finally be drilling either Tuesday or Wednesday.  Have heard rumor of trucks at the Schultz well as well.  According to the crews on the Walker well they are not aware of what or who was there.  Will investigate.

steiger

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2013, 07:37:35 PM »
Broke tour today.  Hope to spud tomorrow.

pyro-1955

Thanks steiger, Do you have any insight as to who's trucks were on the Schultz Well?  I did not see any activity when I was by there, but there did appear to be fresh tracks on the driveway to the pad.  This having to work during the day stinks, I can't keep an eye on them..  LOL!

pyro-1955

No drilling this weekend, they were working on the BOP on Friday, did not see drilling commence since.  Will check tonight.  Did find frac tanks on site at the schultz, did not see them past the corn.  Looks like they are there for holding liquids when they open the well to monitor during the fracking process on the Walker well, at least that would make sense.

pyro-1955

Still not drilling, looks like they must have broken something....???

Donations

We work on this project completely in our spare time. Donations help go towards ongoing costs related to keeping the site running, including hosting, bandwidth, etc. It also encourages us to commit regular updates, add features, and improve the service.

It isn't required of course, but if you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button