Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 6 Years, 0 Months | DRBC: 5 Years, 2 Months

Author Topic: DRBC Studying Fractivist Literature While We Wait  (Read 540 times)

TShepstone

• Premium Member
DRBC Studying Fractivist Literature While We Wait
« on: August 03, 2013, 05:55:58 AM »
What has the DRBC been doing for the last two years? Well, it’s been studying fractivist literature, including a collection of materials from an individual who learned about fracking at a church pot-luck.  Simply outrageous!

The Delaware River Basin Commission (DRBC) scheduled a vote on its proposed regulations governing natural gas drilling for September 21, 2011, cancelled and rescheduled twice and then ran for the hills never to be heard from again.  The lack of leadership and cowardice in the face of small but loud special interest groups such as the Delaware Riverkeeper have chagrined landowners and residents of the upper basin ever since.

Earlier this year the Northern Wayne Property Owners Alliance decided it had enough and started preparing for a lawsuit by making Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests of the agency to find out what in the world was happening and why.  The results to date have been relatively meager as the DRBC has stonewalled in every possible way but NWPOA has learned one important thing – what the Commission has supposedly been studying over the last two years and it reveals an organization of not only incredible incompetence but also stunning naiveté.

http://naturalgasnow.org/drbc-discreetly-studies-fractivist-literature-as-delaying-tactic/

Kilgour Farms *

• "Molon Labe"
  • Global Moderator
Re: DRBC Studying Fractivist Literature While We Wait
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 06:41:13 AM »
Not surprising given Colliers connections to these antie groups over the past years. Everything done is for the benefit of down basin people and the DRBC is committed to maintaining pastoral poverty in the upper basin.
You're just jealeous because the voices only talk to me!!!

Never mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness

StoneBear454f

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 06:58:13 AM »
 At first glance it would appear this evidence as presented has all the
 elements required for a real Collier-Gate scandel...a lot less has brought
 down more powerfull folks... >:(

mohawk70

• Premium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 10:14:08 AM »
Would this be considered "fractivist literature"?

http://www.lucianne.com/thread/?artnum=746431

Energy Secretary: Fracking is safe
Washington Examiner, by Sean Higgins

Original Article

http://washingtonexaminer.com/energy-secretary-fracking-is-safe/article/2533758

Posted By:PageTurner, 8/3/2013 8:50:46 AM
Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz told reporters Thursday morning that the process of natural gas extraction called fracking was safe and should be used, provided it was properly regulated. “I still have not seen any evidence of fracking per se contaminating groundwater,” he said at a breakfast hosted by the Christian Science Monitor. Moniz’s comments represented a blunt rebuke to many in the environmental community, which has increasingly turned against fracking. President Obama has generally rejected those concerns and regularly touted natural gas as a “bridge to a low carbon future,” a phrase Moniz used again Thursday.

Comments:
OK, so let´s go fracking.

Oh. Forgot. Obama and his environmental-wacko campaign donors don´t like fracking. Never mind about the safety of it.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 10:16:46 AM by mohawk70 »

shinobi

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 10:28:06 AM »

Oh. Forgot. Obama and his environmental-wacko campaign donors don´t like fracking. Never mind about the safety of it.

Hawk, I don't think that's entirely fair to President Obama, of whom God knows I'm no fan.

Certainly you are correct about his "environmental-wacko campaign donors".  Anyone who questions that is delusional.

But, after all, the President appointed Mr. Moniz.  Moniz is not exactly a wacko "pick of the month".  Regardless Obama is not my cup of tea, I've never seen him as an environmental jackass.  If I'm wrong and he really is an environmental cra-zee, he's less crazed than his demented environmental supporters. 

mohawk70

• Premium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 11:22:17 AM »

Hawk, I don't think that's entirely fair to President Obama, of whom God knows I'm no fan.

Certainly you are correct about his "environmental-wacko campaign donors".  Anyone who questions that is delusional.

But, after all, the President appointed Mr. Moniz.  Moniz is not exactly a wacko "pick of the month".  Regardless Obama is not my cup of tea, I've never seen him as an environmental jackass.  If I'm wrong and he really is an environmental cra-zee, he's less crazed than his demented environmental supporters.

NOT applicable to Mr. Obama, personally or politically.

[Regard the sentence structure, please.]

However, his financial  backers do tend to fit into the Environmental Defense Fund, Sierra Club, ... or even Josh Fox ... mould.

[Mr. Moniz may or may not be a financial backer ... but certainly EDF, Sierra Club and ... even Josh Fox ... certainly are.]

« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 11:28:54 AM by mohawk70 »

Rockdale

• Anties
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 12:17:58 PM »
From attending a single DRBC hearing I got the distinct impression that that organization had determined that it was not going to make any final decision on hydraulic fracturing much less approve the technique in the upper Delaware basin.  A little more than 5 years later that initial impression has been reinforced many times over.  I can understand why the DRBC or any other organization whose main intent is to insure the highest possible quality of the water coming out of a watershed wouldn't want to see hydraulic fracturing.  From the viewpoint of management of an urban water supply any human activity including farming, maintaining roads, or just plain living in the watershed is something to be wary of.  A number of municipalities in the United States have solved the problem by essentially returning portions of their critical watershed to a pristine condition by buying out the present land owners and returning the landscape to a wilderness.  If that is what New York and Philadelphia really have in mind for at least some key portion of the upper Delaware basin, it would move the issue forward to perhaps some fair resolution for them to explicitly state their intentions rather than to keep this matter in limbo forever.

StoneBear454f

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 08:40:00 PM »
 A simple question from the "simple" Folks on the front-lines,,,

Over the last 5 years...multiple opportunities have surfaced...
 where-in We as LandOwners could have sunk the Howler Monkey Mantra...
 of the  Eco-Jahadist manical mewings of worthless idiots...and their...
 Manisfesto of Doom and Gloom...and VooDoo Science...

Time to Kick these Clowns to the Curb...

« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 08:13:00 AM by StoneBear454f »

Donations

We work on this project completely in our spare time. Donations help go towards ongoing costs related to keeping the site running, including hosting, bandwidth, etc. It also encourages us to commit regular updates, add features, and improve the service.

It isn't required of course, but if you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button