Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 6 Years, 0 Months | DRBC: 5 Years, 2 Months

Author Topic: Pipeline project  (Read 2804 times)

ap

Pipeline project
« on: September 26, 2013, 05:57:18 AM »
Anyone know anything about this project?  It has been approved and peaked my interest.  First being in Lenox township and second the name Millard is one of the founding fathers of Lenox township and the creek that runs along Rt. 374 was once called Millard's Creek?  ap

Site ID: 767915 
Site Name: MILLARD PIPELINE PROJ 
Address: LENOX TWP, PA  18844 

shric

Re: Pipeline project
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 12:25:21 PM »
The project consists of constructing approximately 5.14 miles (collectively) of 10" and 12" natural gas gathering line from the McClean Well Pad routed in a northeasterly direction to the Millard Pipeline in Lenox Township, Susquehanna County. The project will result in 549 lineal feet of direct stream impacts, 489 square feet of floodway only impacts, and 0.77 acre of wetland impact, of which 0.59 acre are permanent wetland conversion impacts, all for the purpose of conveying Marcellus Shale natural gas to market.

http://www.pabulletin.com/secure/data/vol43/43-15/667b.html

vicnaylor

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 01:03:01 PM »
That's what I call a clear answer. Thanks!

ap

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 09:58:11 AM »
Ditto, thanks.  ap

forgeblast

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 08:30:08 AM »
Can you tell what propertys this will affect? We are next to the mclean well.  We did not sign any pipeline agreement.  How do I find out exactly where this pipeline will be running?

forgeblast

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 07:30:44 AM »
Does anyone have a link to where the millard pipeline is located?
Thanks

donegal

• Premium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 08:33:23 AM »
Can you tell what propertys this will affect? We are next to the mclean well.  We did not sign any pipeline agreement.  How do I find out exactly where this pipeline will be running?

Hi fb,
Not my neck of the woods, but I find that visitin' & talkin' with the involved Township Supervisors sometimes yields information about pipeline activity. Also, puttin' the fingers to the phone, or the boots on the ground goin' knockin' on doors, plus drivin' around lookin'  for Surveyin' sign at road crossin's or maybe up thru fields, or  contactin' neighbors is helpful to guess parts of a route. Usually, once ya' find some bits & pieces it kinda' comes together.

Don't overlook tryin' to jus'  ask the Company. Worst they can say is, "Dunno." Sometimes, early on, that's close to the truth. ;)

Smaller projects don't get as well publicized as we'd all like, often only jus' some lil' map  the Landman whips out showin' ya' yer portion & not much else.

God Bless & Merry Christmas,
Donegal
Captain of the Fleet's new flagship, the "Bismarck".....A Grey 2006 Chrysler 300 - OR to ya' Landlubbers - "The Butler's Bentley"  (Don't worry Sammy.  We're savin' the Exxon Valdez for ya'. Even if she's half-broke, she'll haul more 'n any Hyundai!)

forgeblast

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 06:46:57 PM »
Thanks Donegal!
My property shares a border with the mcleane well.   I had been approached by the pipeline company but they wanted to go through the middle of my orchard and crep land.  I will have to talk to our township guys, the problem is that our shared border is also the township border....it can get messy with who what when. 
When they originally wanted to come on our property they said that they wanted to come down our stone wall, we have some huge oaks that would be damaged if they did that.  I am just worried about protecting what is ours. 
Do the pipelines use a particular color for their surveys? I also did a landex search and saw my neighbor entered into a taxable right of way agreement.  Would that agreement have the pipeline path?
Appreciate the info! thanks again,

donegal

• Premium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 05:19:25 AM »
Hi FB,
I put my comments in red below:

Thanks Donegal!
My property shares a border with the mcleane well.   I had been approached by the pipeline company but they wanted to go through the middle of my orchard and crep land.  I will have to talk to our township guys, the problem is that our shared border is also the township border....it can get messy with who what when. 
When they originally wanted to come on our property they said that they wanted to come down our stone wall, we have some huge oaks that would be damaged if they did that.  I am just worried about protecting what is ours. 
Do the pipelines use a particular color for their surveys?

Not necessarily an industry-wide common color scheme, but rather standard to the job/surveyor. Look for same color markers marking both sides of ROW & perhaps a third one of another color approximatin' the location of the line.  Once you find the first set, the rest will be easy.

I also did a landex search and saw my neighbor entered into a taxable right of way agreement.  Would that agreement have the pipeline path?

Depends, on what they put into the agreement. Even if they did attach some diagram showin' the pipeline ROW location, it would in all likelihood only show it to the extent that it traverses the neighbor's property, NOT the rest of the project.  You've already mentioned what may prove to be your easiest source of information - your Neighbor.  If it were me, I'd go over & talk with him/her to get details. Can't hurt, ............unless ya' got a feud goin' on.  ;D

Appreciate the info! thanks again,

Hope that helps some.
Good luck,
Donegal
Captain of the Fleet's new flagship, the "Bismarck".....A Grey 2006 Chrysler 300 - OR to ya' Landlubbers - "The Butler's Bentley"  (Don't worry Sammy.  We're savin' the Exxon Valdez for ya'. Even if she's half-broke, she'll haul more 'n any Hyundai!)

forgeblast

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 03:59:49 PM »
Appreciate the info and suggestions will have to head over and have a chat. 
I have not seen any markers, in the fields or on the side of the road.  I will have to take a walk also, there is a high tension power line in between the well and( I think) their direction of travel with the pipeline.  Once again, Appreciate the info. 

forgeblast

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 03:47:23 PM »
Found the proposed route! You can see the flagging (it was marked proposed route) from glenwood switch road.  Its near the rail road bridge, bright orange/and white flagging. 

donegal

• Premium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 02:51:29 AM »
Found the proposed route! You can see the flagging (it was marked proposed route) from glenwood switch road.  Its near the rail road bridge, bright orange/and white flagging.

Congrats!! Here's a hand for you, FB.  handclap handclap handclap I KNEW you could do it!

Donegal  :)

Donations

We work on this project completely in our spare time. Donations help go towards ongoing costs related to keeping the site running, including hosting, bandwidth, etc. It also encourages us to commit regular updates, add features, and improve the service.

It isn't required of course, but if you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button