Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 10 Years, 2 Months | DRBC: 9 Years, 4 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Trump

• 29 Replies

JT

Re: Trump
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2018, 06:29:11 PM »
the first winners were the landowners who got a great price for their properties.

what may be more of a surprise to some, is that other small lng plants already operate in the area. this one can also ship by rail.

won't be too awful long and rt.6 from Tunkhannock to Mansfield will be an industrial corridor. you can see that taking shape slowly.

wj

Currently against the law to ship LNG by rail in the continental US. Alaska somehow got special approval, but not allowed in the lower 48. A number of organizations have been seeking approval, but the FRA  has not been cooperative.

riverrat

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2018, 08:50:28 PM »
FRA is looking into it just a matter of time

aubrey

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2018, 10:00:58 PM »
should have said, "this one will be able to ship by rail"

better?

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

riverrat

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2018, 10:24:11 PM »
I'm sure if " HE'S" involved   shipping by rail must be a pretty sure thing

riverrat

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2018, 10:44:07 AM »
the first winners were the landowners who got a great price for their properties.

what may be more of a surprise to some, is that other small lng plants already operate in the area. this one can also ship by rail.

won't be too awful long and rt.6 from Tunkhannock to Mansfield will be an industrial corridor. you can see that taking shape slowly.

wj    one problem with your forecast  your home town   the family's that run things in your town want things to stay as they are  no progress     tho they lost out on the apartment complex & maybe nat gas to town   they rather have you come to town have a sandwich & take a walk on there bug infested trail along the creek     

aubrey

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2018, 11:51:50 AM »
my hometown? hardly. you're closer to town than me.

I didn't know they had a trail. where's it at?

I have been to the sandwich shop. 10 bucks for a ham and cheese sandwich is too pricey for me. I'm just a poor country boy trying to keep the taxes paid.

last I heard, leatherstocking is moving ahead with gas service in town.

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2018, 11:55:58 AM »
wj    one problem with your forecast  your home town   the family's that run things in your town want things to stay as they are  no progress     tho they lost out on the apartment complex & maybe nat gas to town   they rather have you come to town have a sandwich & take a walk on there bug infested trail along the creek     
Rat, one problem with your "...you come to town have a sandwich" when speaking to wj is that he's raking sooooooooo much money from his natural gas interests and his cider sales that he would not likely come all the way to town for just a simple sandwich... ::)

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2018, 12:21:20 PM »
Rat, one problem with your "...you come to town have a sandwich" when speaking to wj is that he's raking sooooooooo much money from his natural gas interests and his cider sales that he would not likely come all the way to town for just a simple sandwich... ::)
Yeppers, he would have it delivered --
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

riverrat

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2018, 12:54:45 PM »
they want to come to town but there having trouble getting customers   I think they just want to get to rt 6   not that far for them only have to come from Cargill    heard the same about cost of sandwich's   I wouldn't know for fact I'm not allowed across bridge

aubrey

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2018, 03:14:28 PM »
heck ken, it's been 3 years since we could make a decent batch of cider. this year is a maybe, but I ain't countin' my apples yet.

gonna be fun if we do though. dad always turns the crank for the first squeezin', and this year he's 91. don't go thinkin' we'll cut him any slack either. if ya don't work, ya don't drink around here.

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2018, 08:47:47 AM »
heck ken, it's been 3 years since we could make a decent batch of cider. this year is a maybe, but I ain't countin' my apples yet.
gonna be fun if we do though. dad always turns the crank for the first squeezin', and this year he's 91. don't go thinkin' we'll cut him any slack either. if ya don't work, ya don't drink around here.
wj
If ya haven't guzzled down all that cider from three years ago, it ought to be just about realllly goooood by now.  And even more valuable. 

As to the rule "if ya don't work, ya don't drink around here", I suspect that your dad wouldn't have it any other way even for himself - the apple don't fall far from the tree...

macal

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2018, 09:59:08 AM »

Walking down to the mailbox is a pretty good job.

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2018, 12:12:38 PM »

Walking down to the mailbox is a pretty good job.
Just keep walkin' as the old song said.
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2018, 02:01:33 PM »
Just keep walkin' as the old song said.
;D :) ;D

macal

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2018, 04:26:20 PM »

Im on direct deposit. Its crazy some of the money people must be getting from this gas.