Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 10 Years, 3 Months | DRBC: 9 Years, 5 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Kalamazoo County

• 53 Replies

wilsontownship

Re: Kalamazoo County
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2015, 05:08:01 AM »
Can anyone provide an a summary and update of this particular action.  It was something I flagged way back when Megabucks mentioned oil discover and it was looking big.

How is this E&P coming along and what are the ramifications?

Thanks,
wilson

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2015, 01:48:35 PM »
Wilson, 

The resource is there, but from what I have gathered, Liberty Energy the funding behind Axia on this project is slowing down the drilling money until prices get back to an acceptable level on crude for the Trenton.  All the permits are approved and bonded, so I expect 14 wells to be drilled over the next 3-5 years if we get $70.00 crude.    I bought some minerals over there and am likely going to start up again once this market starts to come back to life. 

If anyone can get a statement from Axia or any geology map that would be great because I have mapped their leasehold and it is way too big for a Trenton-Black River oil play-  nearly 4 townships leased.  Hope they find some unconventional as well oil or gas, as pipeline infrastructure is already in place on both.  Wilson/others I can send you a map of all the drilling units and wells if you want let me know. 

Bert

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2015, 06:52:34 PM »
Anti-Drilling folks claiming 3 wells and 1 brine well caused these earthquakes...nonsense of course-  Mlive is full of sky is falling claims..all unfounded. 

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2016, 12:41:48 PM »
New Well Proposed to offset original discovery, a 2nd attempt off the same pad.  There is also a brine disposal well on the same nearby acreage.    Most Lease Term were 5 year with 5 year renewals so all still leased.  Trenton Wells have traditionally been economical at a lower oil price than other formations Michigan.

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2017, 10:00:16 AM »
Wolverine terminates 3 permitted and bonded wells south of Pease well.  Apparently Mr. Jasma and his geologists think it can be done differently.   

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2017, 08:42:54 AM »
2 Permits reinstated with different drilling units.  Just cleaning up the pooling and leasehold. 

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2017, 02:09:16 PM »
This play is slowing heating up.  Earlier potential mapping showed many more wells possible.  New Leasehold Map verifies much. 

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2018, 09:15:53 PM »
Anything new going on around here?!?? Cricket cricket

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2018, 11:37:49 PM »
not much. pretty quiet around here.
On your mark, get set, get set, get set, get set....