Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 11 Years, 4 Months | DRBC: 10 Years, 6 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Herder Spring end-of-year reminder

• 1 Replies

shinobi

Herder Spring end-of-year reminder
« on: December 31, 2015, 09:36:17 AM »
Lest anyone forget:

There is no more potentially impactful matter out there for PA in-the-shale landowners than Herder Spring.  If you prefer the more formal title, here it is:  Herder Spring Hunting Club v. Keller

This case remains before the PA Supreme Court.  Barring any decision which might be handed down today, we can say 2015 will pass into the history books with no resolution of this weighty matter.

I'm not going to re-hash the case now.  Most regular participants here already are well aware of the details and of the jeopardy.  Let's hope the Court gets 'round to giving us their decision early in 2016.  It has been a long wait.

shinobi

Re: Herder Spring end-of-year reminder
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 05:07:39 PM »
Herder Spring dropped of my radar because it was not decided until JULY of 2016!!   :o :o

However, in the spirit of "better late than never" I can offer this input:

The PA Supreme Court has finally decided the Herder Spring case.  God knows it took them long enough!

Here is a link to their decision:

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/pa-supreme-court/1742794.html

Please remember I'm not a lawyer and cut me a little slack.  But as best I can determine, if your land way back was unseated (no improvements) and was sold for taxes, the purchaser most likely also got the mineral rights right along with everything else.

I'm posting the decision so you can read it for yourself, draw your own conclusions, and not have to rely on me.

Good luck to everyone.