Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 8 Years, 9 Months | DRBC: 7 Years, 11 Months
NOTICE: Forum Posts are not to be used as a link-builder to other websites.... Please Read Before Posting.

Author Topic: COAL  (Read 745 times)

macal

COAL
« on: July 17, 2016, 05:14:41 PM »

Trump and McConnell are fighting for coal. Now Pence is onboard with saving coal. Are they just blowing smoke or can they slow down the building of these proposed natural gas power plants that are popping up everywhere? I know they can reverse some of the EPA rules that are making the older power plants unable to comply. What about natural gas?

macal

Re: COAL
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 05:43:51 AM »

Looks like the coal miners will be getting back to work.

Rockdale

• Anties
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 06:11:36 AM »
I don't believe that will be the case.  A very large portion of our electrical generation has now been converted from coal to natural gas and I don't expect that trend to reverse.  If anything if there are fewer impediments to building natural gas pipelines the gas business might even grow at an accelerated pace because on a cost per BTU basis as well as the lessening of pollutants such as sulfur and mercury, natural gas has real advantages.

macal

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 06:20:40 AM »

Rock, we all know and wish for that, but coal was on the front burner of Trump's campaign.

riverrat

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 07:19:13 AM »
I say let them operate on an even footing   I'm sure if they can clean up coal American ingenuity  will find a way   all you care about is your self how about all the coal mining family's   [ the  children] had to add children because that's what you libs always do royalties are  an extra we all lived with out before   the miners need the jobs to exist   

macal

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 07:23:01 AM »

Its just business for me when it comes to selling gas. I think Donald would approve of that outlook.

Rockdale

• Anties
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 07:47:46 AM »

Rock, we all know and wish for that, but coal was on the front burner of Trump's campaign.
>>>> I believe at last count there were about 65,000 coal miners.  That's for the whole country with an output of around 900 million tons per year from both surface and underground mines.  At the peak of the industry a hundred years ago there were better than 100,000 miners in just anthracite alone, and about three quarters of a million in the whole coal industry.

macal

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 05:56:17 AM »

Pence is a huge coal guy. And Trump got a lot votes from coal miners. I expect them to lift some of the EPA rules on burning coal very quickly.

macal

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 05:48:19 AM »

Trump loves Coal. The markets and EPA not so much. That could change. Hope not.

If you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button