Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 9 Years, 0 Months | DRBC: 8 Years, 3 Months
NOTICE: Forum Posts are not to be used as a link-builder to other websites.... Please Read Before Posting.

Author Topic: StatOil and McDonald Law Firm  (Read 2214 times)

rainmaniv

StatOil and McDonald Law Firm
« on: March 06, 2017, 01:04:25 PM »
A bunch of landowners were sent a letter from McDonald Lawfirm regarding Statoil.  I thought the content of the subject to be rather interesting.

The settlement is online here:
http://www.mcdonaldlawfirm.com/statoil-settlement-agreement/

There is something called the Platts Inside Ferc Index that is being referenced by the McDonald lawfirm's settlement with Statoil.  You can reference at
www.platts.com

https://www.platts.com/IM.Platts.Content/MethodologyReferences/MethodologySpecs/na_gas_methodology.pdf

Seems that the Platts Inside Ferc Index can provide some insight on the pricing of the gas. 

To quote from the pdf:
Platts’ methodologies are designed to produce price assessments
that are representative of market value, and of the particular
markets to which they relate

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 01:09:59 PM by rainmaniv »

firecutter874

Re: StatOil and McDonald Law Firm
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 01:38:15 PM »
Also received the letter today from the Mc Donnald Law Firm.
This Dummy has a head ache just reading the postings and the info sent.

Sure would like some advise from this forum.

WJ where the Hades are you???
 :( :( :( :( :(
firecutter

aubrey

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 01:45:24 PM »
working on my heating system. gotta love radiant floor heat. my feet have never been so comfy.

interesting read, looks like they're gonna give the enhancement clause folks a pass.

gotta read it some more, but I'm kinda busy these days.

and anyways, is your phone broke? you know the #!

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

kodaz

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 02:03:04 PM »
mentions something about a Platts index, but a google search shows a membership fee of over $3000.00, ouch

aubrey

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 02:42:57 PM »
yup, and there's also a non-disclosure agreement, whereby you agree not to share their work product.

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

firecutter874

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 04:21:56 PM »
Thanks people, keep it coming, we'll have to make up our minds sooner or later, come hell or high water.
 8)
Now the question is when will CHK come to the table, they are the big fish to fry.

I'll give you a call tomorrow WJ, keep those tootsies warm, we'll need to get a hoe down at MA come nice weather. 8) 8) 8)

firecutter

Wax

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 08:53:10 AM »
working on my heating system. gotta love radiant floor heat. my feet have never been so comfy.

interesting read, looks like they're gonna give the enhancement clause folks a pass.

gotta read it some more, but I'm kinda busy these days.

and anyways, is your phone broke? you know the #!

wj

moldyoak

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 09:15:31 AM »
That's the heat we use, big Harman wood boiler and also a propane Weil-McLain unit on relays so I can switch back and forth depending on whether I feel ambitious (wood) or lazy and rich (propane)  8).

It's a great system but radiant takes some getting-used-to, not the same as forced hot air which is like instant hot/cold/hot/cold/hot etc. or indoor wood stoves (which we lived with for years) which typically blow you out of the house if it's well insulated.  Radiant is a prime candidate for programmable thermostats so you can orient it around your schedule and give it the time it needs to get to temperature *before* you go thinking, 'gee, it's kind of chilly in here!'

aubrey

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 11:06:19 AM »
what percentage and type of antifreeze do you use in the outdoor burner?

not sure what the advantage of programmable thermostats would be. I'm not trying to conserve on fuel, I'm burning wood that is littering the ground. if it doesn't go in the heater, it gets piled to rot or burned openly.

so far, after a couple of weeks burning, the room temps haven't varied more than 2 degrees, except for the as yet unheated rooms. I'm using remote thermostats which have no delay. one degree lower than the set temp brings the pumps on. sometimes the heated room will over shoot by a degree if it's warm outside.

next step is to install a solar powered system to power the whole thing and part of the house.

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

Wax

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 01:33:31 PM »
what percentage and type of antifreeze do you use in the outdoor burner?

not sure what the advantage of programmable thermostats would be. I'm not trying to conserve on fuel, I'm burning wood that is littering the ground. if it doesn't go in the heater, it gets piled to rot or burned openly.

so far, after a couple of weeks burning, the room temps haven't varied more than 2 degrees, except for the as yet unheated rooms. I'm using remote thermostats which have no delay. one degree lower than the set temp brings the pumps on. sometimes the heated room will over shoot by a degree if it's warm outside.

next step is to install a solar powered system to power the whole thing and part of the house.

wj
You want to keep antifreeze, to the minimum expected, safe from freeze temperature.
Dow Frost is your best bet, if you could find some.  Antifreeze, is also anti-heat. Takes much more, heat (but's) than water, to raise to the same temperature. As too overshooting temperature,heat anticipator adjustment on tstat usually corrects.
You will need another BO type in office, to get best deal on your New Solar System slaplaugh

moldyoak

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 02:02:37 PM »
My wood boiler is in my basement, made by Harman, will burn wood or coal.  I built up a system with removable planks so I can dump about 15 to 20 wheelbarrow loads of wood, or about 2 tons of coal, into my outside bulkhead (which I never use for anything else) and then just feed the wood stove as needed.  I burn it during the day, because it needs attention every couple of hours, then usually around 3 in the morning, the propane unit comes on for about 45 minutes or so, the thermostat hits temp, then it shuts off and it's good until around 5:30 when I get up and start the whole process over again.  Of course my shop is here so this works for me, if I was away from home 6-10 hours a day, I'd need a different system.  There is no antifreeze needed in this system because it is entirely self contained inside the house.  Now honestly, if I had to do it over again, I'd probably put the wood boiler outside, BUT I have a serious problem with every outdoor burner I've ever seen as all the smoke is at ground level all the time and if you try to build a stack on it, it seems like as soon as you damp the sucker back, the stack immediately creosotes up.  My chimney is almost 3 stories tall and has a draft like a freaking wind tunnel so pretty much nothing builds up inside.  The only issue there is when the temp drops down to below around 15 or so, there is some kind of inversion going on (since it's never colder than @ 55 int the basement) and priming the chimney can get hairy (the cleanout is also inside, below the flue).  But as long as Ive been burning wood, I think everything has a drawback somewhere, and for me, that is it.

You probably have an advantage with the outdoor boiler in that you can damp it back to the point where the fire is almost out, just smoking, and it will go like that for a long time while still kicking out a steady enough heat.  But given the geographics of my location, this won't work for me or I'd be surrounded in smoke 24 hrs a day!  My two 'neighbors' down at the moon st./south rd. intersection used to have dueling wood boilers, and it was like driving through 19th century London every time I went through there.  I expected a Ripper attack at any moment out of the fog!  One of them has converted to propane now.  Works well, but too much $$$ save as a backup.

If only we could get natural gas lines to our house!..............

duffy

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 02:21:36 PM »
Cryo Tek 100 available at EPSCO, 50 % your stove holds 115 gallons so 10 pails should protect you down to -30 roughly, as far as heat raise it's 95% as good as water on heat transfer. The renewed Tax credits for wind and solar but not geo thermal, stupid ass's.

Wax

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 03:33:46 PM »
Cryo Tek 100 available at EPSCO, 50 % your stove holds 115 gallons so 10 pails should protect you down to -30 roughly, as far as heat raise it's 95% as good as water on heat transfer. The renewed Tax credits for wind and solar but not geo thermal, stupid ass's.
I see they have it on Amazon 5-gal $68.00 and free shipping. A good place for reviews.
Some of the new air to air heatpumps have a SEER higher than 30. They are about 2K a ton, but technology will only get better. Hard to beat for your most lived in, well insulated rooms. Hard to find a solar system, to run more than two small HP's. I have five, and it would require a ground solar farm to run. My three building, do not have enough roof area. crazy

duffy

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 04:43:30 PM »
The new air source heat pumps are amazing, you can put up to 5 heads on one unit and they are rated to -15 now.

firecutter874

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2017, 06:28:20 AM »
Stat Oil/ McDonald to heat, get with it, people, the Big Fish are getting away.

firecutter

If you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button