Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 9 Years, 0 Months | DRBC: 8 Years, 2 Months
NOTICE: Forum Posts are not to be used as a link-builder to other websites.... Please Read Before Posting.

Author Topic: Wolf renews call for severance tax  (Read 3232 times)

shinobi

Wolf renews call for severance tax
« on: June 30, 2017, 05:10:20 AM »
Radio station KDKA (AM 1020 - Pittsburgh) reminding listeners early this morning today (30 June) is last day of Commonwealth's fiscal year.  Wolf and the RINOs have agreed to a spending budget without as yet adequate funding for all their spending.  We are US$1B+ short!

This situation has once again triggered a call from the Wolf to tax natural gas via a severance tax.  And since a gas patch RINO like Garth Everett now agrees with Wolf, who knows what lies ahead:

http://fox43.com/2017/06/29/pa-lawmakers-agree-on-31-9-billion-budget-might-borrow-money-to-balance/

Taxation here in PA has become so bad I'm currently buying all my gasoline up in nearby New York!  Gasoline up there is roughly 25ยข less expensive per gallon than it is here in PA!

macal

Re: Wolf renews call for severance tax
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 05:46:05 AM »

Much of a severance tax would be passed on the the NIMBY out of staters. Jersey and New York.

shinobi

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 07:57:10 AM »

Much of a severance tax would be passed on the the NIMBY out of staters. Jersey and New York.

Is that how you're gonna pay YOUR share?

Of course we all know how much you luv, luv, luv paying taxes.

And please, spare us your "landowners will not have to pay" mumbo jumbo.   crazy

Only fools believe that.  What obvious nonsense! 

macal

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 08:19:15 AM »

Wolf has said that landowners would be exempt. Easily accomplished. Haven't caught him in a lot of lies like your boy in the white house.

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 08:50:55 AM »

Wolf has said that landowners would be exempt. Easily accomplished. Haven't caught him in a lot of lies like your boy in the white house.
What wolfie says may be just what he hopes for, not what it'll actually be.  How do you think the severance tax will mesh with the complete removal of property taxes?  Do you think all these various measures don't interact?  With Wolf and his ilk, including MOST pols, you cannot trust a promise, you can only assess what they do.  Stopping them before they do anything is good rather than trying to take back something already done.  Look at zero care if you doubt.
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

macal

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 04:10:31 PM »

I haven't heard any plans for the complete removal of property tax. That will never happen. I would endorse some relief for some seniors. Not you G .

ghrit

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 06:33:46 PM »

I haven't heard any plans for the complete removal of property tax. That will never happen. I would endorse some relief for some seniors.
Take the corks out of your ears.  The noise is that they want to eliminate property tax entirely.  Do your research, I'm not going to help you since you do not appreciate it or believe it.  It makes even less sense to provide "relief" to any unique segment of the population.  Discriminating activity is a non starter in a fair society.
www.survivalmonkey.com

macal

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 08:29:21 PM »

I think Wolfie is trying for some targeted property tax cuts. He's the guv.

windycamel

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 03:30:29 PM »

I think Wolfie is trying for some targeted property tax cuts. He's the guv.

what targets? provide some thoughts. Property tax laws are important. Severance tax, not so much.

macal

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 04:03:32 PM »

Does it really matter. Nothing is going to get done. Its the new way.

ghrit

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 08:11:36 PM »

Does it really matter. Nothing is going to get done. Its the new way.
Atta boy, an astute glimpse into the obvious, more's the pity.  However it is not an adequate answer to windy's question.  Why don't you just admit you haven't a clue and were just making noise?
www.survivalmonkey.com

macal

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2017, 08:27:17 AM »

From what I have read there are two different plans and they both involve raising the sales and income taxes and reducing property taxes. There is going to be winners and losers . I tend to favor Democratic plans.

Rascal51

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2017, 07:28:28 PM »
While you all were considering who are the winners and losers among us lowly taxpayers by who pays sales, income and property taxes, you missed the big play of the game that makes all of us in rural PA the losers while urbanites are the winners. 

How so? By wresting control away from local school boards and county commissioners and placing it in Harrisburg.  H-burg decides how sales and income tax and a severance tax will be allocated. If any of you happened to look at how Wolfie re-aligned the school funding formulas the last time we had this little dance, the big winners were Philly and York County (where is Wolfie from again?  Oh yeah, now I remember) and to a certain extent Pittsburgh.  Pretty much everybody else were the losers.

That the current impact fee mostly benefits the areas where drilling occurs is a burr under the saddle of urban legislators and the Governor.  Local  government and schools with no ability to raise revenue are neutered.  Control will now come from Harrisburg.  Severance tax and the elimination of property taxes are not about the money.  It's about who has the political power.

shinobi

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2017, 05:01:41 AM »
Well said, Rascal51.  It's always been about rural vs. urban here in PA.  Republicans are rural.  Democrats are urban.  It's just that simple.

Democrats want a severance tax which will benefit their urban constituents.  Rural people want the impact fee which benefits them.  Nothing could be more straightforward.

macal

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2017, 05:08:31 AM »

Wolf's latest proposal keeps the impact fee intact. Combine that with him exempting the landowners from paying tax. Then much of that tax being paid by out of state consumers it seems to me to be a good way to generate revenue for the state.

If you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button