Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 9 Years, 3 Months | DRBC: 8 Years, 5 Months
NOTICE: Forum Posts are not to be used as a link-builder to other websites.... Please Read Before Posting.

Author Topic: Wolf renews call for severance tax  (Read 6009 times)

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
Re: Wolf renews call for severance tax
« Reply #195 on: July 12, 2017, 09:29:21 AM »

73 % of Pennsylvanians are in favor of imposing a severance tax on natural gas production.
If you accept Philly, H-burg, and Lancaster as representative of all Pennsyltuckians, that 73% may hold water. For sure, not in Susqui Cnty.
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

aubrey

« Reply #196 on: July 12, 2017, 09:36:06 AM »
a friend of mine went to his union meeting outside of Philadelphia last night. first subject on the agenda, was the severance tax. big corporations and new millionaire mineral owners not paying their fair share. this needs to stop they told their members. vote the bums out who won't get that money for them.

we're gonna get fleeced by these guys, but probably not this year. they can't stand to see us doing well without them getting a cut.

liberals excel at legalizing extortion...politically.

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

aubrey

« Reply #197 on: July 12, 2017, 09:38:47 AM »
we were talking about seattle earlier.

they have a new fleecing game going...

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/tax-the-rich-seattles-new-income-tax-on-the-wealthy-sparks-social-media-firestorm/

doesn't matter what the voters or constitution say, they want more!

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

Wax

« Reply #198 on: July 12, 2017, 11:30:32 AM »
a friend of mine went to his union meeting outside of Philadelphia last night. first subject on the agenda, was the severance tax. big corporations and new millionaire mineral owners not paying their fair share. this needs to stop they told their members. vote the bums out who won't get that money for them.

we're gonna get fleeced by these guys, but probably not this year. they can't stand to see us doing well without them getting a cut.

liberals excel at legalizing extortion...politically.

wj
a friend of mine went to his union meeting  slaplaugh slaplaugh slaplaugh slaplaugh

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #199 on: July 12, 2017, 11:54:53 AM »
a friend of mine went to his union meeting  slaplaugh slaplaugh slaplaugh slaplaugh
That's funny?  Happens that there is a large number of union members in this area, and as well there's an even greater number that come in, do work, then go home to some other place in PA. Now, rest assured that local 542 (OE) and the laborers want to wet their beaks, but you won't hear that noise from the pipeliners or electricians.  Pull it out wax, your credibility is about to hit a new low.
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

Wax

« Reply #200 on: July 12, 2017, 12:00:21 PM »
That's funny?  Happens that there is a large number of union members in this area, and as well there's an even greater number that come in, do work, then go home to some other place in PA. Now, rest assured that local 542 (OE) and the laborers want to wet their beaks, but you won't hear that noise from the pipeliners or electricians.  Pull it out wax, your credibility is about to hit a new low.

Friend & Union Member , you to,  slaplaugh slaplaugh slaplaugh slaplaugh slaplaugh slaplaugh

aubrey

« Reply #201 on: July 12, 2017, 02:09:44 PM »

you wanna meet him wax? he'll be up again in a month or so, and he'd love to meet you I'm sure. be good for a laugh at least.

he's actually the perfect example of where unions help those who need them. he's a good guy, but not real bright. makes a lot of bad decisions. before he got his union job he was down for the count. lost a good government job due to cutbacks, maxed out his credit cards to maintain his living standards and was ready to lose everything when another friend said they were hiring.

after 5 years at $35/hr, he's almost caught up....except he keeps buying new trucks and guns.

he has no skills, so he needs the union. it's a good fit.

he isn't a government worker now, so I couldn't care less how much his union extorts from their employer. doesn't cost me a penny. i don't buy their product, I buy Chinese, way cheaper.

wj

CHANGE IT BACK!

macal

« Reply #202 on: July 13, 2017, 05:08:33 AM »

Rat, as far as power from Panda in Wysox half goes PPL on a long term contract the rest is put up for bid. But still the tax is only 20 cents on $ 3.00 wholesale price of gas. Then when converted to electricity and sold retail that increase is really down to a very small increase.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 05:12:50 AM by macal »

riverrat

« Reply #203 on: July 13, 2017, 06:43:52 AM »
so I guess you don't know how much goes out of state may all stay in state & pa residents will pay all the tax

macal

« Reply #204 on: July 13, 2017, 06:54:23 AM »

A few cents more per unit. :-[

Wax

« Reply #205 on: July 13, 2017, 07:18:20 AM »
[/img]

you wanna meet him wax? he'll be up again in a month or so, and he'd love to meet you I'm sure. be good for a laugh at least.

he's actually the perfect example of where unions help those who need them. he's a good guy, but not real bright. makes a lot of bad decisions. before he got his union job he was down for the count. lost a good government job due to cutbacks, maxed out his credit cards to maintain his living standards and was ready to lose everything when another friend said they were hiring.

after 5 years at $35/hr, he's almost caught up....except he keeps buying new trucks and guns.

he has no skills, so he needs the union. it's a good fit.

he isn't a government worker now, so I couldn't care less how much his union extorts from their employer. doesn't cost me a penny. i don't buy their product, I buy Chinese, way cheaper.

wj
Depending on what job field your friend is in, he has made the right choice.
Not doing so! would equate to signing a "boiler plate lease ".

riverrat

« Reply #206 on: July 13, 2017, 08:03:32 AM »
a few cents more same logic as only out of stayers pay      if you can't verify your statements you should stop posting them  there are new people on this site that may believe what your saying

macal

« Reply #207 on: July 13, 2017, 08:10:55 AM »

Nobody here. You chased them all away.

Wax

« Reply #208 on: July 13, 2017, 08:18:38 AM »
a few cents more same logic as only out of stayers pay      if you can't verify your statements you should stop posting them  there are new people on this site that may believe what your saying
First you need to understand the meaning of averages.

wj friend   $35/hr, X 40 = 1400 a week. Do you see that on the average chart.

aubrey

« Reply #209 on: July 13, 2017, 08:29:10 AM »
wax. are you talking to me or rat?

and in either case, what is it that you're saying or asking?

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

If you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button