Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 9 Years, 0 Months | DRBC: 8 Years, 2 Months
NOTICE: Forum Posts are not to be used as a link-builder to other websites.... Please Read Before Posting.

Author Topic: Wolf renews call for severance tax  (Read 3236 times)

riverrat

Re: Wolf renews call for severance tax
« Reply #210 on: July 13, 2017, 09:09:56 AM »
wondering the same thing  my response was to at home ma  cal

aubrey

« Reply #211 on: July 13, 2017, 09:18:50 AM »
at his best, he's difficult to understand, but when he goes off his meds, we get this.

all ya gotta do with the basement dweller is give him a snickers and a can of diet coke and he goes back to his mortal kombat game.

slaplaugh
   wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

macal

« Reply #212 on: July 13, 2017, 09:28:05 AM »

I'm making a list of people you guys don't like.

1. Liberals
  2. Democrats
  3. Government Employees
  4. Union Workers. That's a double whammy on teachers.
  5. Moderate Republicans.
  6. People that want a Minimum Royalty Bill.
  7. People that take government assistance.
  8. People that want a higher minimum wage.

Fill in the rest. I know there are more.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:35:04 AM by macal »

Wax

« Reply #213 on: July 13, 2017, 09:38:45 AM »
at his best, he's difficult to understand, but when he goes off his meds, we get this.

all ya gotta do with the basement dweller is give him a snickers and a can of diet coke and he goes back to his mortal kombat game.

slaplaugh
   wj
Apparently , your home made, cider, destroyed a good portion of your brain.
When has the Rat started to like unions ? wj & rat share the same brain. (ideas)
I did think he responded to the chart I posted.
My apologies. :-*

aubrey

« Reply #214 on: July 13, 2017, 10:07:36 AM »
sooooo....basically, you imagined that rat responded to one of your posts, and you were responding to that imaginary post?

and of course, we both have brain damage....

glad we cleared that up, huh rat?

slaplaugh
   wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

riverrat

« Reply #215 on: July 13, 2017, 12:58:56 PM »

I'm making a list of people you guys don't like.

1. Liberals
  2. Democrats
  3. Government Employees
  4. Union Workers. That's a double whammy on teachers.
  5. Moderate Republicans.
  6. People that want a Minimum Royalty Bill.
  7. People that take government assistance.
  8. People that want a higher minimum wage.

Fill in the rest. I know there are more.

libs     your right there       dems   just the ones that went off the far left click aka you       government employees  false news by ma   cal       min royalty bill more fake news by ma cal why would anyone care if there's a minimum royality bill   people that take government assistance    hot if they truly deserve it but when the  family down the street with 4 kids & unmarried with father living with  yea I'm a no  minimum wage   should be controlled by state   $15  is squat in ny city but probably  over board in some other states    union workers  nothing against workers it's the union management that mmessed thinks up   moderate repub  wrong again  just rino's     as far as the rest   how about far left wacko libs that think they know how I should live & what I should do with my money

macal

« Reply #216 on: July 13, 2017, 09:18:31 PM »

They all have been disparaged badly here. Gotta blame somebody. Unions, teachers, Dems. Hey I forgot Mexicans.

Rockdale

• Anties
« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2017, 05:22:33 AM »
It wouldn't be prudent to rile the Mexicans too much.  At present Mexico is buying in an average day about 5% of US natural gas production.  A sharp contrast to 15 or 20 years ago when Mexico was a large scale exporter of natural gas to US markets.  And at that time before shale gas really got rolling a lot of people expected that Mexico would be a bigger exporter to us in the future.  But as it has turned out we now can sell rather than buy, and Mexico is going through the same changes we are in its electrical power supply industry in changing from coal to natural gas in order to address environmental issues.

macal

« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2017, 05:34:44 AM »

Rock, I think the coal to nat gas conversion is a world wide phenomenon. So much cleaner.

riverrat

« Reply #219 on: July 14, 2017, 06:36:25 AM »
don't bet against clean coal  remember "WE CAN"T DRILL OUR WAY OUT OF THIS"

Rockdale

• Anties
« Reply #220 on: July 14, 2017, 07:23:34 AM »
>>> There's always the possibility of some new technological breakthrough with any energy source.  Hydraulic fracturing and shale being the perfect example.  But so far "clean coal" consists primarily of diagrams and models rather than actual operating plants.  There hadn't been any new coal fired power plants for years until the Southern Company,  a major electric utility, began to build its new plant in Kemper, Mississippi which was to turn lignite coal into power.  After a lot of delays and cost overruns the announcement came through a few weeks ago that coal would not be used after all, but the plant which is still under construction would run on natural gas.  Something on the order of 3 to 4 billion dollars is to be written off by Southern.  With all of the losses incurred to be borne by electric rate payers in future electric bills in the poorest state in the union.  A catastrophic failure which makes the much talked about Solyndra seem like a minor problem.

Wax

« Reply #221 on: July 14, 2017, 09:12:40 AM »
>>> There's always the possibility of some new technological breakthrough with any energy source.  Hydraulic fracturing and shale being the perfect example.  But so far "clean coal" consists primarily of diagrams and models rather than actual operating plants.  There hadn't been any new coal fired power plants for years until the Southern Company,  a major electric utility, began to build its new plant in Kemper, Mississippi which was to turn lignite coal into power.  After a lot of delays and cost overruns the announcement came through a few weeks ago that coal would not be used after all, but the plant which is still under construction would run on natural gas.  Something on the order of 3 to 4 billion dollars is to be written off by Southern.  With all of the losses incurred to be borne by electric rate payers in future electric bills in the poorest state in the union.  A catastrophic failure which makes the much talked about Solyndra seem like a minor problem.
What is the price of coal ? It does not seem  affordable.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:15 pm

So I just called a coal supplier in Chambersburg, PA. $210 ton picked up
http://nepacrossroads.com/about35972.html

Dr. Optimistic

« Reply #222 on: July 14, 2017, 10:27:01 AM »
Wax,

Your link takes us to a thread that is titled “What's the Price of 1 Ton 2014-2015”.

You ignored a thread titled “Anthracite Price Per Ton for the 2016-2017 Heating Season”
http://nepacrossroads.com/about41105.html

Use this link and be honest with current prices/cost to see what is affordable.
http://nepacrossroads.com/fuel-comparison-calculator.php

Still have to factor in environmental impact for true cost.

P. S. Don’t mention the fake lunar landing!!! :P
What does the leadership know and when were they told it?

In it's present form, NG is DOA in the DRBC

kenneth12

« Reply #223 on: July 14, 2017, 01:06:05 PM »
Wax,
Your link takes us to a thread that is titled “What's the Price of 1 Ton 2014-2015”.

You ignored a thread titled “Anthracite Price Per Ton for the 2016-2017 Heating Season”

Thanks for the links doc.  Very handy little calculator.  Just a caveat (just one, there may be more that others can think of) to be considered if you're considering changing fuels.  After years of heating our single story ranch home (Not our hot water) with a stoker stove in the basement, we (hey, the kids are raised and gone and not available to carry coal and ashes [and the wife refuses], something had to give - and besides the stoker was getting old and beginning to die anyway) switched over to two Rinnai wall furnaces (propane, ng is not - yet - available here), one in the (finished) basement and one in the living area.  We found out two or three things this past winter and this summer.  We always ran the stoker stove on idle all summer to keep the dampness out of the basement area and also to keep the stove from rusting, and with this we were burning 4 to 5 tons of coal a year, plus the electric to keep it going.  Since last August, we have run the basement Rinnai heater to keep the dampness down and the living area one as needed upstairs over the winter.  We had to burn some 20-25 lbs a day of coal in the summer in order to keep the draft going - burning more on hot days than on colder days and keeping the basement warmer that we wanted but had to to keep a fire.  With the propane, we were able to keep a steady temp.  Bottom line: the switch to propane - with the lower per gallon cost of propane due to buying more per year (we heat hot water with it and cook with it) we actually saved about $700 this year in fuel costs - plus our electric is a bit lower.  So, just something to consider and I'm sure that everyone has his own factors, but fuel conversion cost should be only one factor to consider in your choice of fuels.  And, hey, I don't miss carrying coal and ashes and there's no more fly ash to keep the wife busy...

Wax

« Reply #224 on: July 14, 2017, 01:28:53 PM »
Wax,

What ! Did you expect me to do everything ?  ;)
Coal is black gold also. Just looked out of curiosity.

If you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button