Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 9 Years, 2 Months | DRBC: 8 Years, 4 Months
NOTICE: Forum Posts are not to be used as a link-builder to other websites.... Please Read Before Posting.

Author Topic: The Fake News About Pennsylvania's Impact Fee  (Read 494 times)

TShepstone

The Fake News About Pennsylvania's Impact Fee
« on: July 16, 2017, 04:47:10 AM »
The Fake News About Pennsylvania's Impact Fee

Every budget season the fake news about Pennsylvania’s Marcellus Shale Impact Fee starts being spread by advocates of a severance tax who deny we have one.

http://naturalgasnow.org/fake-news-pennsylvanias-impact-fee/

macal

Re: The Fake News About Pennsylvania's Impact Fee
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 05:25:25 AM »

I am curious about how you come up with a 9.3% effective rate on natural gas. The state said 5.1 trillion cubic feet of gas was produced in 2016. That should of got at least 10 billion dollars of revenue. Could I see your math on that.

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 07:18:24 AM »

I am curious about how you come up with a 9.3% effective rate on natural gas. The state said 5.1 trillion cubic feet of gas was produced in 2016. That should of got at least 10 billion dollars of revenue. Could I see your math on that.
That figure is from the article, which I hasten to add, is by Brittany Ramos who is employed by your fave gasco, Cabot.  You might ask her to justify her numbers.
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

macal

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 07:30:27 AM »

I just did. Very happy to be with Cabot.

kenneth12

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 07:39:03 AM »
macal, excuse me if I can't help noticing that you read (or were told or had read to you?) about the "9.3% effective rate" but needed the help of Ghrit to notice at the top of the page who wrote the article and who she worked for  slaplaugh.  Ghrit's such a mensch taking you by the hand so often.

macal

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 08:10:05 AM »

Yea, just waiting to see her Math. Seems kinda fuzzy to me. Kinda like Republican math.

riverrat

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 10:16:06 AM »
you mean like "INSURANCE WILL DROP BY $ 2500"

macal

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 10:53:50 AM »

Insurance definitely went way up for folks not in a group plan and make over a hundred grand a year like you rat. Way down for others.

windycamel

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 12:05:53 PM »
i was thinking just now how an inpact fee would be beneficial to someone who owns
gas producing property in PA, but lives in another state. would it be better to have a
severence tax so that they could take advantage of tax deductions? impact fees surely don't beneifit an out- of- statist.

Wax

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 12:57:20 PM »
i was thinking just now how an inpact fee would be beneficial to someone who owns
gas producing property in PA, but lives in another state. would it be better to have a
severence tax so that they could take advantage of tax deductions? impact fees surely don't beneifit an out- of- statist.

impact fees surely don't beneifit an out- of- statist.

Non residents pay Pa state income tax on income from Pa.

macal

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 01:30:14 PM »

The impact fee will stay intact and be credited towards the proposed severance tax.

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 01:54:30 PM »
So there will be two taxes.  Good plan.

Well, not so good at all.  In fact, whoever thought that scheme up is balmy.  Belfry is fulla bats, too.  In fact, I rather imagine you dreamed it up during the last session in the den.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 01:59:19 PM by ghrit »
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

macal

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 02:08:14 PM »

The overall rate would be the same and comparable to other big energy states.

riverrat

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 03:46:10 PM »

Insurance definitely went way up for folks not in a group plan and make over a hundred grand a year like you rat. Way down for others.
  more fake bull  premiums went up average of 20 to 30 percent  those in group plans saw there deductibles and copays increase you like to use teachers as a point ask how much deductibles went up for Sayre teachers & how much Tuncannock wants to raise deductibles & copay for there teachers the middle class as usual got it right in the a**   thanks to your so called helpers of the middle class   Demodips

macal

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 04:25:51 PM »

And that is Obamas fault. And since when did you guys start caring about teachers ?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 04:35:55 PM by macal »

If you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button