Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 9 Years, 3 Months | DRBC: 8 Years, 6 Months
NOTICE: Forum Posts are not to be used as a link-builder to other websites.... Please Read Before Posting.

Author Topic: Putin and the fractivists  (Read 439 times)

Rockdale

• Anties
Putin and the fractivists
« on: July 16, 2017, 08:56:44 AM »
There's an  article  appearing on the political website "Salon" written by one of the site's regular feature writers, Mathew Sheffield.  In the article he mentions that a connection has been drawn between Russian energy interests lead by Vladimir Putin and money that fractivist organizations have received which was funneled to them by bogus environmental groups.  Cited is a speech by Hillary Clinton given in June of 2014 before a meeting in Edmonton, Alberta of Canadian oil industry people making that charge of Russian interference in order to impede drilling and pipelines in regions rich in shale oil and natural gas.

Wax

Re: Putin and the fractivists
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 12:23:36 PM »
Their may or may not be some truth to what you posted.
But the facts are. The USA does not want a level playing field with Russia. We only have cheap gasoline , because they (we) are trying to bankrupt Russia.
Furthermore, the USA openly oppose other countries buying Russian gas, even at a lower price.
It will do nothing, to eliminate Russians nuclear arsenal . Not having, enough funds to safeguard them, may be a bigger problem to the USA. However John McCain, stated ,we can more than likely survive, a nuclear war against Russia & China.  crazy

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/russian-gas-trumps-american-sanctions-21448

Russian gas will inevitably remain part of the mix in Europe’s future energy market.
Nikolay Pakhomov
July 6, 2017
TweetShareShare
Printer-friendly version
A reinvigorated discussion of Russia’s energy policy in Europe has recently become part of the debate in Washington over new sanctions against Moscow. This discussion is worth having: on the one hand, it shows that not everybody in Europe considers energy cooperation with Russia harmful or dangerous. On the other, the argument reminds us that Russia’s energy expansion in Europe is, to a significant degree, based on economic reasoning rather than political doctrine.

Rockdale

• Anties
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 03:49:50 PM »
Wax, I agree with you that at least in part we have such cheap petroleum products nowadays because of a policy decision to put pressure on Russia which is so energy dependent economically.  But I think the main reason we can buy a barrel of oil in the 40 to 50 dollar range rather than paying double and even triple that is the supply factor of oil gotten by HVHF.  It's interesting that Hillary Clinton made that speech (before a paying audience) some 3 years ago, which shows that there is an awareness of some less than savory connections between fractivism and the Russian energy interests who didn't want competition.

Wax

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 05:21:26 PM »
Wax, I agree with you that at least in part we have such cheap petroleum products nowadays because of a policy decision to put pressure on Russia which is so energy dependent economically.  But I think the main reason we can buy a barrel of oil in the 40 to 50 dollar range rather than paying double and even triple that is the supply factor of oil gotten by HVHF.  It's interesting that Hillary Clinton made that speech (before a paying audience) some 3 years ago, which shows that there is an awareness of some less than savory connections between fractivism and the Russian energy interests who didn't want competition.
40 to 50 dollar range
After OPEC flooded the market, the price of oil dropped from $110 per barrel in July 2014 to just $26 in January 2016, resulting in the bankruptcy of more than 200 U.S. oil and gas companies, and the loss of approximately 150,000 jobs.
http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/ken-blackwell/opec-challenge-americas-energy-dominance-theres-no-free-market-oil

However, this took place at the same time, Russia intervened in Syria.
We  cut a deal with Saudi  Arabia. You cut the price of oil, we provide you with weapons.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:26:47 AM by Wax »

macal

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 05:39:09 AM »

Obama and Clinton are pro domestic energy of all types with the exception of coal. That may of cost her the election when she went to West Virginia and told them straight up about the future of the coal business. Trump beat her over the over the head with her own words. Good politics bad policy.

Wax

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 07:26:04 AM »
40 to 50 dollar range
After OPEC flooded the market, the price of oil dropped from $110 per barrel in July 2014 to just $26 in January 2016, resulting in the bankruptcy of more than 200 U.S. oil and gas companies, and the loss of approximately 150,000 jobs.
http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/ken-blackwell/opec-challenge-americas-energy-dominance-theres-no-free-market-oil

However, this took place at the same time, Russia intervened in Syria.
We  cut a deal with Saudi  Arabia. You cut the price of oil, we provide you with weapons.
I cannot say,  am not enjoying the ride, of false low oil prices. If the USA, butt out, of other countries affairs (empire building) , our own economy would be much better. New wells would be booming, and their would be a competitive LNG market.
 I read, if Russia professes and exercises as a super power, look for oil below $20.00 a barrel.  And China is also advancing militarily, in leaps and bounds. The Neocons, are not ready to recognize, any challenges to their, sole, superpower status. The saying  "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men"
 Not in my lifetime.

If you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button