Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 9 Years, 3 Months | DRBC: 8 Years, 5 Months
NOTICE: Forum Posts are not to be used as a link-builder to other websites.... Please Read Before Posting.

Author Topic: Tesla's Solar Roof Is Actually Cheaper Than a Normal Roof  (Read 399 times)

Wax

Tesla's Solar Roof Is Actually Cheaper Than a Normal Roof
« on: August 01, 2017, 10:52:56 AM »
I read a lot about solar, I did not like. I seen the positives, of this system, but their must be a catch. I know their are those, who are backyard solar experts on this forum. Maybe they will post a follow up ! Like can it be installed over a quality "Blue Tarp"  ;)

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/teslas-solar-roof-is-actually-cheaper-than-a-normal-roof-248454

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
Re: Tesla's Solar Roof Is Actually Cheaper Than a Normal Roof
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 11:04:04 AM »
I read a lot about solar, I did not like. I seen the positives, of this system, but their must be a catch. I know their are those, who are backyard solar experts on this forum. Maybe they will post a follow up ! Like can it be installed over a quality "Blue Tarp"  ;)
There's a rundown on Tesla's roof panels in the September  issue of "Consumer Reports."  Seems like there are some gotchas, not the least of which is (using Tesla's estimates) of a LONG term payback, as in up to 30 years.  Worse, they do not freely share capacity information.  In other words, cheaper is open to interpretation.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/teslas-solar-roof-is-actually-cheaper-than-a-normal-roof-248454
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

aubrey

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 12:16:07 PM »
BLACK TARP! it's a black tarp wax, a nice black truck tarp. geez...

the best deal on solar panels by far, has been the gasco throwaways. i got enough to do a 10kw system, batteries included.  slaplaugh

heck, i even got a fairly new wind generator with a busted blade. coulda got the tower too, but somebody else snatched it before i got there.

yessir, lotsa benefits to having those gas companies operating here, not just those $7000 checks every month. right aj?  headpat

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

Wax

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 01:04:59 PM »
BLACK TARP! it's a black tarp wax, a nice black truck tarp. geez...

the best deal on solar panels by far, has been the gasco throwaways. i got enough to do a 10kw system, batteries included.  slaplaugh

heck, i even got a fairly new wind generator with a busted blade. coulda got the tower too, but somebody else snatched it before i got there.

yessir, lotsa benefits to having those gas companies operating here, not just those $7000 checks every month. right aj?  headpat

wj
Gee, with that decline rate, I would hate to see next months ? crazy Does anyone post the truth on the internet ? Only fools. And your not one, by a long shot.

Quote from: Wax on July 21, 2017, 09:54:08 AM
Yes, thank you for giving your gas away, to heat 5000sf homes in the very wealthy areas of NJ. They did not care when it was $8.00 a therm. 100,000 btu's. But why should a shalenaire like you care ? Nothing anyone can do about low prices,

why do you sweat the little stuff wax?

honestly, after cashing your $100,000 checks each month, do you mean to tell me that you would be wringing your hands over the coupla thousand more that you might have made if the price was a little higher?

like you said, best you never do sign a gas lease then. this stuff would drive you to your grave with worry.

it's all good! they're drilling wells and mineral owners are making more than they ever dreamed of. give me a call when the crash comes because investors quit investing. i'll be on my island in the Caribbean, sipping pina coladas wondering how you're making out back here with all of the traffic congestion, and rigs popping up here and there.

slaplaugh
   wj

aubrey

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 01:13:26 PM »
I didn't say I was getting $100,000 checks wax, that's what your checks would be since you're in a better area than me.

and it was aj that said I was getting 7 grand a month. memory failing you?

me...I'm just a poor country trying to keep enough firewood cut so I can keep warm this winter. it ain't easy bein' me ya know.

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

Wax

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 01:29:53 PM »
I didn't say I was getting $100,000 checks wax, that's what your checks would be since you're in a better area than me.

and it was aj that said I was getting 7 grand a month. memory failing you?

me...I'm just a poor country trying to keep enough firewood cut so I can keep warm this winter. it ain't easy bein' me ya know.

wj
Yes, I do understand ! Do not believe anything you read online.
You must be retired, sitting in your recliner, drinking a cold one.  A bit too warm for me outside, unless I get started on a , get busy project. I have a bulldozer, with two leaking seals. Years ago, I would have taken them apart on 100 degree day.
I am in my recliner, online, having a cold one.  slaplaugh

aubrey

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 01:45:17 PM »
except for the cold one, you're pretty much correct. leaning back, feet on the window sill, cup of coffee by my side, kidding around with you.

I rarely drink beer, mostly only when ghrit twists my arm. that knucklehead.

but as soon as it cools down, it'll be down over the hill to cut up some more trees. winter is comin' and I don't move as fast as I used to. gotta plan ahead, even for this afternoon at this age.  slaplaugh

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 06:33:25 PM »

but as soon as it cools down, it'll be down over the hill to cut up some more trees.

wj
I have some locusts you can have for the taking.  Beer will be on me if you don't fell them on the house.
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

aubrey

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 06:47:22 PM »
thanks for the offer g, but I have hundreds of dead ash to knock down before they fall and hit the house or block the driveway. it'll be 10 years before I get em burned up. pretty sure i'll be living on my island in the Caribbean before then too.

I might come up and help ya drop em though, no guarantees on the house of course. that all depends on whether those beers come before or after the felling operation.

slaplaugh
   wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

If you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button