Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 9 Years, 4 Months | DRBC: 8 Years, 6 Months
NOTICE: Forum Posts are not to be used as a link-builder to other websites.... Please Read Before Posting.

Author Topic: NWPOA end of one group, start of another.  (Read 281 times)

insuranceman

• Mem. May 9, 2008
NWPOA end of one group, start of another.
« on: November 12, 2017, 03:06:45 PM »
Well after many years of discussion of the group NWPOA and leasing in Wayne & Susquehanna County, the steering committee voted to end the original group Friday, and merge their forces with a new, larger organization  UDRBC.org  who will take the issue of landowners rights to Harrisburg, not only on the gas drilling issue, but also take on the DRBC attempts to push their taking attempts of all landowner rights.

The Upper Delaware River Citizens Alliance group seeks to hire lobbyists to come to the aid of all those effected by actions of the DRBC and any political group opposing the Landowner rights of those in the Delaware River drainage.

Congratulations to those volunteers from NWPOA who represented over 1300 families and in excess of 130,000 acres in Wayne & Susquehanna Counties for over 10 years of worm , only to be  shorted by the DRBC for all their leasing efforts.

Best of luck to the new combined group UDRCA for their future challenge. Look for a final e-mail to former NWPOA members on this new Alliance in the coming weeks..
From May 2008,A long learning experience.100 plus acres in Susq. Co. core.,

Wax

Re: NWPOA end of one group, start of another.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 04:44:35 PM »
Thanks for the update. Regardless of the outcome, landowners need to fight for their rights. And, there is only one way to win. To ban together in a union of landowners. Any single effort will not prevail.

aubrey

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 07:53:40 AM »
I dunno. lots of individuals did real good before.

there's value in groups if the demand is there, but with most prospective land already leased and no markets for additional gas, the power of numbers is severely diminished.

our best tools are to be well educated, and realistic.

it's just business ya know.

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 08:43:07 AM »
Methinks that the NWPOA has indeed outlived its usefulness.  That said, there seems a need for a political arm of gaslands folks to lobby more effectively against the ongoing land rights theft in the river basin robbers organizations.  That said, why don't I get into it up to my waist?  EZ answer, I don't have a dog in the fight.  However, if a group starts up, I'll support them any way I can.
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

If you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button