Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 9 Years, 2 Months | DRBC: 8 Years, 4 Months
NOTICE: Forum Posts are not to be used as a link-builder to other websites.... Please Read Before Posting.

Author Topic: blanche poulson well susquehanna county  (Read 6135 times)

wyalusingjim

blanche poulson well susquehanna county
« on: January 05, 2009, 02:11:28 PM »
just for rigchaser and meangene, a few pics from susquehanna county.

http://s445.photobucket.com/albums/qq172/wyalusingjim/?action=view&current=DSCN0990.jpg

http://s445.photobucket.com/albums/qq172/wyalusingjim/?action=view&current=DSCN0991.jpg

http://s445.photobucket.com/albums/qq172/wyalusingjim/?action=view&current=DSCN0992.jpg

http://s445.photobucket.com/albums/qq172/wyalusingjim/?action=view&current=DSCN0993.jpg

this rig has been here quite a while, it must be on the 2nd or 3rd well from this pad.

wj

looked at the permits and there are only 2 for this pad, i didnt think to look and see if they were pulling up or not, but they were not drilling while i was stopped.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 02:01:25 PM by wyalusingjim »

rigchaser

Re: blanche poulson well susquehanna county
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 07:40:35 PM »
You're the best Jim...keep em' coming!

admin

• Administrator
    • RBSdot Web Development & Consulting
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 08:45:56 PM »
Thanks Jim-
"I gave my kid a new credit card after he maxed out his last one.  He maxed the new one too and it appears that I am dumb enough to give him another one."  Too late now to stop.  The debt is too big.

wyalusingjim

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 02:02:31 PM »
hey rig, is that the rig you would expect turm to be using? just curious.

wj

rigchaser

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 02:05:24 PM »
I don't know buddy, I'm not too familair with them honestly and that drilling outfit hasn't been in the region that long. Maybe thats why they moved some rigs up this way?

bucktail

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 05:33:50 PM »
JIM, Thanks for the great pictures.There is another pad started on the Barlow property about a mile from the Poulsen well I believe by the same company Turm Oil.

meangene

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 05:52:43 PM »
Thanks for the great pics, wj!   :o

wyalusingjim

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 01:31:10 AM »
you're all very welcome of course, heres the latest i've found regarding this well.

Pennsylvania, 'Highway 706' - The Company has recently completed drilling the Poulsen 1H, a 2,700 foot lateral horizontal well. To date, Epsilon has drilled seven wells (four horizontal and three vertical), all of which target the Marcellus shale. Recent test results (previously announced on November 24, 2008) of the first completed horizontal well and first completed vertical well produced sustained rates of over 3 Mmcf/day and 1 Mmcf/day, respectively.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28520323/

not terribly impressive results, but they are consistent with results i had heard about 4 months ago regarding the first wertical well completion being less than cabots results. epsilon and cabot are relatively close in proximity, say 7-10 miles or so. granted we do not know how these wells were drilled or completed, and they are 2 different companies with different methods, but this may be a leading indicator of where the better producing acreage may be found.

if you strike a line diagonally across the state as we've discussed before, following the alleghany front, the epsilon wells would be farther back from the front itself but not by much. as the crow flies in a sse direction, cabot is either closer to or on the front. chesapeakes permitted wells in auburn township are also closer to the front and more in line with the diagonal. this is just an observation and conclusion of mine and i am no expert, but my assumption from an amateur analysis of the geology, has led me from the beginning to believe that the closer one drills to the thicker more naturally fractured front the better the results will be.

wj

i want to add this qualification to my statement regarding the thickness on the front, and og-geo i want you to correct me if im stating this incorrectly. thickness varies widely across the marcellus as we know. there is a difference regarding the manner in which the thicker shales were accumulated on the front however.

while the shale was deposited in varying thickness across the basin over the duration of the first depositional event, it was a second event in geological time, the alleghany orogeny that created the alleghany front. during the orogeny the shale was forced nneasterly by the collision of the african continent. during this event the original shale already organically rich was effectively stacked up upon itself in succesive layers, like a plow pushing icey snow, layers of it broke free and slid up and over the preceding. so unlike areas to the rear of the collision, the frontal area has a multiplicity factor of organic content. in addition to the possibility of having a greater toc, the event also created a greater degree of fracturing, the j1, and this enhances the effects of stimulation by man made fracturing.

imo this is why i believe we will see better results closer to the front. also i believe this is why the bulk of drilling activity is currently as in the very beginning of exploration occurring on or very close to the front.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 01:58:52 AM by wyalusingjim »

g592314

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 03:52:03 AM »
I can't find Poulson in efacts.  Where exactly is it?  Also, are the cabot wells you're refferring to the ones in the Dimock area.  Thanks.

wyalusingjim

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 05:02:28 AM »
its listed as the epsilon blanche poulson well, and yes im referring to cabots wells in dimock/springville.

jim

If you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button