Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 10 Years, 4 Months | DRBC: 9 Years, 6 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Selling mineral rights

• 6 Replies
Selling mineral rights
« on: November 05, 2017, 05:29:38 PM »
    First time poster. If this isn't allowed on this forum, I understand.  My sister and I have 127 acres, Cove District, Barbour county with a year remaining on a lease from Mountaineer Keystone (now Arsenal)....... we are interested in just selling our stake once and for all. Have NO idea who to contact about this, and have no idea whether Arsenal will make a renewal offer within a year, although they've been active lately, with a major pipeline passing about a half-mile from my property and 3 Marcellus pads permitted all within 2 miles. Thanks!

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
Re: Selling mineral rights
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 05:41:15 PM »
    First time poster. If this isn't allowed on this forum, I understand.  My sister and I have 127 acres, Cove District, Barbour county with a year remaining on a lease from Mountaineer Keystone (now Arsenal)....... we are interested in just selling our stake once and for all. Have NO idea who to contact about this, and have no idea whether Arsenal will make a renewal offer within a year, although they've been active lately, with a major pipeline passing about a half-mile from my property and 3 Marcellus pads permitted all within 2 miles. Thanks!
There are any number of outfits out there that  would like to buy your rights.  Now, simply because I personally think it's a bad idea, I won't point any of them out.  Around here, NE PA, there are flyers in the mail regularly, and as often as not, we see solicitations in the mail.

E, selling mineral rights is truly a guessing game.  Go carefully.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 05:43:42 PM by ghrit »
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

Dogbone

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 07:01:48 PM »
Erichowder wasn't asking for advice.  He is looking for buyer contacts.   ::)

Erichowder,  I too receive solicitations to purchase our mineral rights (all or part) quite regularly.  However, I discard them.  If I receive any more in the near future I will forward you the contact information.   ;)

It's all a matter of individual personal decisions as to what to do.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 07:04:16 PM by Dogbone »

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 11:07:15 AM »
     I totally understand it's not a good idea to sell out............IF I WAS 30 YEARS OLD!-------I'm not. Neither is my sister.  We've talked it over, know what we're doing, and that's that. Don't want to get ripped off, but minds are made up. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 03:23:59 PM »
There are plenty of companies who will broker a sale and I don't have any background on how good or bad each company is, but I have seen where the lessee is often interested in purchasing the mineral rights.  With the activity in your area, I suggest you make a call to Arsenal and see if they have an interest. 

IN ANY CASE, shop around.  My experience with land agents in general is believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.  A good oil and gas attorney would be worth the cost.

mmwv

• My LinkedIn page
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 08:19:12 AM »
There are plenty of companies who will broker a sale and I don't have any background on how good or bad each company is, but I have seen where the lessee is often interested in purchasing the mineral rights.  With the activity in your area, I suggest you make a call to Arsenal and see if they have an interest. 

IN ANY CASE, shop around.  My experience with land agents in general is believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.  A good oil and gas attorney would be worth the cost.

I'd say Arsenal is aware of the situation... (I already reached out to the original poster and we have corresponded some. Not much to it but I will leave it to him what he feels like sharing.)
I worked around most of Western PA and WV, as well as on projects in several other places as a Landman for over a decade.
Now I am a first year law student at WVU.

GONRA

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 05:31:28 PM »
GONRA suggests Erichowder   hire an attorney for all  this.
Just let him doit.....