Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 9 Years, 5 Months | DRBC: 8 Years, 7 Months
NOTICE: Forum Posts are not to be used as a link-builder to other websites.... Please Read Before Posting.

Author Topic: Perry in over his head  (Read 259 times)

Rockdale

• Anties
Re: Perry in over his head
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 03:07:19 PM »
I am glad to read that FERC has taken this position on the proposal to allow nuclear and coal powered electric plants to be allowed to charge more for their product.  If those two ways of generating electricity have a good economic case let them compete in the open market with natural gas without subsidies by consumers and taxpayers.

GONRA

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 02:48:48 PM »
GONRA hopes this is "on topic":

Even asa "Natural Gas Guy" would be PLEASED to see
Nuclear and Coal Electrical Generation Plants havalotta FUEL "on site" 
to deal with all sorts of crazy National Emergencies (North Korea comes to mind!)
that we can't even speculate on today....

If  Government wants to take some of my Precious Tax $$$ to it - that Just Fine for me!      GREAT NATURAL RESOURCE.
U.S.&.A can EASILY afford this asa CHEEP National Survival Insurance Item!

Remember an article "Our Unsinkable Pacific Fleet" that was on the News Stands 
on (or about) December 7, 1941.    (You historians out there – double check this…)   

Rockdale

• Anties
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 03:33:17 PM »
It's a moot point now since the FERC vote on the proposed law to require stockpiles of a certain minimum quantity of fuel at coal and nuclear powered plants was so lopsided, 5 to 0, that the idea is not likely to be revived.  As to the merits of being more "resilient" I had posted on the subject at hand on November 21 of last year when the proposals were still very much a matter of debate.  My personal preference would be to err on the side of caution, also.  From what I've read of these matters, there is a real danger of an enemy power or some group of individuals being able to totally disrupt the electrical grid through various means such as hijacking computer systems or setting off a nuclear device which would fry devices of all sorts.  I don't know if having enough fuel to run a power plant on site would make much of a difference since the breakdown would likely to also be in distribution of electricity.  We do have coal in abundance and no need at all to import it.  As to nuclear fuel, I believe we import a lot more than we produce.  And while Canada, our neighbor, supplies a large fraction of what we consume, a large amount comes from places where our relationship over time has been less than friendly, namely Russia and other constituent portions of the former USSR such as Kazahkstan.

macal

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 06:52:08 AM »

Trump is looking for ways to keep his promise to the coal industry and it's workers.I think it won him the election. It turned many blue collar workers over to support the coal miners by voting for Trump. It's just that free markets are going against coal.

If you find this site useful, you can donate using the PayPal button