Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 10 Years, 3 Months | DRBC: 9 Years, 5 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

It’s “Stupid Is As Stupid Does” on Northeast Gas Prices

• 150 Replies

duffy

Re: It’s “Stupid Is As Stupid Does” on Northeast Gas Prices
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2018, 09:06:14 PM »
Be glad to, but yet again you can do it on your own.... all it takes is a couple clicks......... but you already know that  :'(

aubrey

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2018, 09:10:23 PM »

He just calls them like he sees them.

we all do that.

and I think it's great that you 2 have each other to lean on and share your common goals. you both wanted to get rid of Corbett, and you both succeeded. kudos to both of you, I hope your friendship and comradery lasts forever. you 2 make a great team.

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

aubrey

« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2018, 09:15:23 PM »
Apparently your great wealth is insufficient to afford you smarts as well.

well frank, you should know better than anyone that money can't buy ya smarts.

me? I never hoped to be smart or rich. but I'm pretty happy with the way everything has turned out. and if I was to wish for anything, it would be to be happy.

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2018, 09:20:04 PM »
Somebody said there are what, around 10 regular users on site?  We can do nicely with two fewer -  slaplaugh
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

aubrey

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2018, 09:53:18 PM »
ok, ok, I can take a hint g.

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

aubrey

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2018, 09:55:06 PM »
yo duff!

I think g is tryin' to tell us somethin'.

let's go fishin'!

slaplaugh
   wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

riverrat

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2018, 10:01:20 PM »
shin you may want to find another bff  you & Jim had some thought in your post  but take a look at post by your bff    10% may be a understatement

ghrit

« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2018, 11:19:22 PM »
yo duff!

let's go fishin'!

slaplaugh
   wj

Um, ah --- crazy
www.survivalmonkey.com

shinobi

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2018, 09:32:12 AM »
Guys the friendly repartee between Jim and me is fine but it serves no useful purpose on its own.  I was sure Jim would nail my ass with this one, it's so obvious, but he didn't so I'll have to nail my own ass in order to serve the larger community here and to attempt to educate:

I claimed up thread, in essence, you cannot have a good outcome with Chesapeake.  Jim has plainly proved me to be in error.  This if you take Jim at his word, and I do.

Bottom line, Jim has had a wonderful outcome with Chesapeake.  Period.  So it can be done if you're smart enough and (I guess) careful enough.  Many (hundreds of) other Bradford County landowners were less smart, less attentive, and less careful than was Jim when they signed their leases.  They were reamed by Chesapeake big time.

It would be a reasonable question to ask if other Bradford County landowners, and other Pennsylvania landowners, have had outcomes with Chesapeake equally as good as Jim's.  I cannot address that.  Here where I live, quite simply, Chesapeake does not operate.  I had one nearby friend leased with them.  Chesapeake sold that lease to Talisman, back when it was Talisman and not Repsol.  Chesapeake appears to want no part of our second-rate shale.  I guess they only operate in the tall alfalfa.  Frankly, I hope they never, ever become interested in our shale here.

Regardless, my bottom line counsel to anyone renewing with Chesapeake or leasing with them for the first time is to be incredibly careful with your lease.  Absent personal experience I'm unable to be more specific than that.  I continue to believe Chesapeake is a bad and very dangerous gas company.  But Jim has proved leasing success with them is possible.

aubrey

« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2018, 10:41:44 AM »

Bottom line, Jim has had a wonderful outcome with Chesapeake.  Period.  So it can be done if you're smart enough and (I guess) careful enough.  Many (hundreds of) other Bradford County landowners were less smart, less attentive, and less careful than was Jim when they signed their leases.  They were reamed by Chesapeake big time.

nope, you got it wrong again frank.

first of all, the "outcome" hasn't been reached yet. I'm in the same boat as everyone else in bradco who is leased to chk. the outcome will be after we see what the final settlement is. if it's good, then my outcome will be good, if not, I will have to decide whether it would be best to wait and settle on my own with them. time will tell.

the thing that you fail to recognize with me is this. I choose to be honest with regard to chk. are they snakes? absolutely. trustworthy? not at all. did I have a choice of whether to sign with them or another company? sure, but it wasn't a good one. would I rather be leased and produced by another company now? that's a tough one.

it's a tough question because I take the long view. although they are a terrible company in general to deal with, they drill a great well. they know how to produce a lot of gas, and they know how to market it. folks forget that we are in a terrible pricing environment, that will change with time, as the infrastructure and demand improve. they have shown in the past few winters, that they aggressively pursue higher pricing. other companies have not shown that on a comparative basis yet.

so, taking the long view, I look forward to fixed deductions after a settlement, at higher volumes and pricing than I might otherwise enjoy.

I can also look back. in 2010 and 11, we were enjoying massive monthly volumes and great pricing. even the higher deductions were not as big a factor when things were better. those days will return.

in the short term, I'm kinda anxious to see the volumes and pricing for this month. if they perform as before, i'll be very happy while continuing to look forward to my eventual "outcome".

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

shinobi

« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2018, 11:08:45 AM »
Fair enough, Aubrey.  I think we all realize now where you stand and the kind of thinking you employ.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 11:11:19 AM by shinobi »

aubrey

« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2018, 11:37:23 AM »
and make no mistake frank, it's the same thinking that I've always had.

before you arrived, i used the term, "it's just business" regarding chk. it still applies today. although we'd all like to have businesses treat us fairly and honestly, we know that some businesses are more ruthless than others. so what should we do in response?

treat all dealings with them in a businesslike manner. weigh all decisions rationally and thoroughly, void of emotions and hard feelings over past injustices.

fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me. hopefully, we don't get fooled again.

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

duffy

« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2018, 04:41:16 PM »
yo duff!

let's go fishin'!

slaplaugh
   wj
We can do that.... you bring the cider  handclap

Wax

« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2018, 09:50:22 PM »
first of all, the "outcome" hasn't been reached yet. I'm in the same boat as everyone else in bradco who is leased to chk. the outcome will be after we see what the final settlement is. if it's good, then my outcome will be good, if not, I will have to decide whether it would be best to wait and settle on my own with them. time will tell.

First off, your answer will not help me, but maybe others.
By saying your in the same boat with other CHK landowners. Based on what Ken & others stated they have not seen a royalty check in three months and other next to nothing. (as per newspapers ). Does your lease have better lease language to limit deductions. I have read stories of royalty owners getting 15K a month, before the Kilmer case, to several hundred a month now. It's your own business, but thought to ask.

ghrit

« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2018, 10:00:34 PM »
I have read stories of royalty owners getting 15K a month, before the Kilmer case, to several hundred a month now.
The problem with that statement is that we don't know if it was the same landowners.  Different landowners, different sized lands, different checks.
www.survivalmonkey.com