Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 9 Years, 10 Months | DRBC: 9 Years, 1 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Is FERC Waiving 'Good-bye' to the Constitution Pipeline

• 1 Replies

donegal

Is FERC Waiving 'Good-bye' to the Constitution Pipeline
« on: January 12, 2018, 01:42:17 PM »
NOTE:
This OP has been modified from original - cause I accidentally posted that before I was done.....these computers are wonderful things, but unforgiving. ;D)

We-e-e-e-ll I certainly don't know.....but they's sure don't seem to be  sayin', "Hello". Poor WPX et al., don't look like they's gettin' any help from them FERCer's, least not on this technicality.  FERC  ain't about to let 'em start back up, jus' cause them New Yorkers took too much time.

Here's an excerpt from  Seeking Alpha's News Editor,  Carl Surran: (color mine)

"The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission denies a request from Williams Cos. (WMB, WPZ) to revive the Constitution Pipeline project by finding the New York water quality review waived through delay.

FERC affirmed its interpretation that a waiver of a Clean Water Act Section 401 water quality review occurs following one year after an agency receives an application, saying a case-by-case approach would create uncertainty.

The 121-mile, 650M cf/day Constitution Pipeline project has been stalled since April 2016, when New York environmental regulators rejected a water quality certification.

Constitution is backed by subsidiaries of Williams, Cabot Oil & Gas (NYSE:COG), Duke Energy (NYSE:DUK) and WGL Holdings (NYSE:WGL)

Waivin'........ I always told my students it's better to waive than to point, now I ain't sure. ;)
Donegal

p.s.    For this trainwreck  to occur maKes ya' wonder, was FERC asleep at the wheel or maybe textin' or listenin' to noises comin' from Albany.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:51:59 PM by donegal »
We finally scuttled the Exxon Valdez (for the second time in her life), and turned in at the boatyard the ol'  gray Bismarck before she sank too..  Now I'm Captain of the most beautifulest boat ever, the "HMS HOOD", a 2012 stealth black AWD V-8 Chrysler 300.

Wax

Re: Is FERC Waiving 'Good-bye' to the Constitution Pipeline
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 02:27:27 PM »
That project has been stalled a very, very long time. I would have to look back on the forum. But my guess is 7 years.