Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 10 Years, 10 Months | DRBC: 10 Years, 0 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Severance Tax

• 22 Replies

macal

Severance Tax
« on: April 08, 2018, 11:05:47 AM »

There it is. The Pa Senate has passed a Severance Tax bill. The House has not addresed it.

admin

• RBSdot Web Development & Consulting
Re: Severance Tax
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 12:09:48 PM »
I added ONLY IF IMPACT FEE IS RESCINDED
"I gave my kid a new credit card after he maxed out his last one.  He maxed the new one too and it appears that I am dumb enough to give him another one."  Too late now to stop.  The debt is too big.

shinobi

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 03:05:41 PM »
Only pricks or gadflies post stuff with no supporting evidence.  There is nothing out there to support macal's OP.  And if there is I challenge him to post a link.  But there is nothing.  I have looked

Stipulated:

Everyone already knows the PA Senate passed a severance tax LAST YEAR!!  That is hardly news in April of 2018!!

Searching only for recent stuff, I did locate this (somewhat) recent article:

https://stateimpact.npr.org/pennsylvania/2018/03/22/report-severance-tax-proposal-could-cost-mineral-owners-millions/

Here is a lift from that piece:

"Wolf spokesman J.J. Abbott disputed the analysis, noting the severance tax proposal the administration has circulated to the Legislature contains language explicitly prohibiting gas companies from deducting the severance tax from royalty payments.

In response, IFO director Matthew Knittel noted the language Abbott is citing is not publicly available. He said he relied on information contained in the executive budget, which was minimal.

“There’s nothing in the executive budget about how those [costs] would be handled,” said Knittel. “Every state allows that tax to be passed back to landowners.”
"

The Wolf falsehoods (they are bald-faced lies but it is Sunday) documented there are also already well understood as such by regular posters here.  Wolf thinks he can make landowners believe he has the power to change the terms of existing leases.  Obama, after all, told Americans they would save money with Obamacare and be able to keep their doctor and health plan.  Outrageous lies of this nature are easy for Democrats to promulgate, and extremely commonplace.  Wolf has a million of 'em.

One final thought on landowners and a PA severance tax:

While Wolf cannot protect us from the tax, there is one measure (only) he could propose to take the sting away.  He could allow PA landowners to deduct any severance tax they pay, dollar for dollar, from their PIT payment each year.

You might wonder why Wolf does not put forward such a proposal as that, and instead insists on his non-existent ability to alter leases.  It's an easy answer:

Wolf knows law reducing landowners' PIT obligation by the amount of any severance tax, if enacted, would work and would not be challenged in court.  That is NOT what Wolf wants.  As a Democrat, just as was the case with Obama, Wolf wants to promise a good outcome for us while knowing full well it's simply not gonna happen.  He figures if enough landowners believe his lies that he will get his severance tax.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 07:34:17 AM by shinobi »

macal

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 08:08:06 AM »
Only pricks or gadflies post stuff with no supporting evidence.  There is nothing out there to support macal's OP.  And if there is I challenge him to post a link.  But there is nothing.  I have looked

Stipulated:

Everyone already knows the PA Senate passed a severance tax LAST YEAR!!  That is hardly news in April of 2018!!

Searching only for recent stuff, I did locate this (somewhat) recent article:

https://stateimpact.npr.org/pennsylvania/2018/03/22/report-severance-tax-proposal-could-cost-mineral-owners-millions/

Here is a lift from that piece:

"Wolf spokesman J.J. Abbott disputed the analysis, noting the severance tax proposal the administration has circulated to the Legislature contains language explicitly prohibiting gas companies from deducting the severance tax from royalty payments.

In response, IFO director Matthew Knittel noted the language Abbott is citing is not publicly available. He said he relied on information contained in the executive budget, which was minimal.

“There’s nothing in the executive budget about how those [costs] would be handled,” said Knittel. “Every state allows that tax to be passed back to landowners.”
"

The Wolf falsehoods (they are bald-faced lies but it is Sunday) documented there are also already well understood as such by regular posters here.  Wolf thinks he can make landowners believe he has the power to change the terms of existing leases.  Obama, after all, told Americans they would save money with Obamacare and be able to keep their doctor and health plan.  Outrageous lies of this nature are easy for Democrats to promulgate, and extremely commonplace.  Wolf has a million of 'em.

One final thought on landowners and a PA severance tax:

While Wolf cannot protect us from the tax, there is one measure (only) he could propose to take the sting away.  He could allow PA landowners to deduct any severance tax they pay, dollar for dollar, from their PIT payment each year.

You might wonder why Wolf does not put forward such a proposal as that, and instead insists on his non-existent ability to alter leases.  It's an easy answer:

Wolf knows law reducing landowners' PIT obligation by the amount of any severance tax, if enacted, would work and would not be challenged in court.  That is NOT what Wolf wants.  As a Democrat, just as was the case with Obama, Wolf wants to promise a good outcome for us while knowing full well it's simply not gonna happen.  He figures if enough landowners believe his lies that he will get his severance tax.

So you don't think your Spanish company should pony up to the state like they do everywhere else in this country.

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 08:16:08 AM »

So you don't think your Spanish company should pony up to the state like they do everywhere else in this country.
The price of bacon inevitably goes up.
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

shinobi

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 01:50:56 PM »

I do not think PA landowners should pay severance tax.  And I do not think Wolf is even close to being honest with Pennsylvanians regarding this or on most other matters.  Like despicable Democrats everywhere, the guy is a bald-faced liar.

macal

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 02:12:27 PM »

What has he lied about?

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 02:49:01 PM »

What has he lied about?
What truths has he told?
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

riverrat

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 03:34:28 PM »

What has he lied about?
  favorite  far left ploy     omission is a form of lying    tho you libs don't believe it is           

shinobi

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 04:05:03 PM »

What has he lied about?

What has he not lied about?

It was all in that article which I, unlike you, actually posted up thread.  I'm confident you did not read the article.  This is because liberals ignore all information which does not agree with their insane preconceived notions.  Your buddy Wolf is out to get us landowners big time.  You do not care.  And you never will care.

macal

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 06:43:07 PM »

I've read direct quotes from Wolf saying he would exempt landowners.

riverrat

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 07:56:02 PM »

& keep your doctor & health plan & cost will go down avg 2000    lying libs

macal

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 09:31:05 PM »
  I read the article in my search to find the quotes of Wolf plan to exempt landowners. Wolf doesn't write the legislation. Your Republican buddies do.
 Yaw and Turzai control the whole deal. Since the Senate passed a bill maybe you could ring up Yaw and ask him about it.

By the way Pruitt is almost and Donald is probably not far behind.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 09:34:58 PM by macal »

shinobi

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 09:35:46 PM »

This is even more moronic than your usual posts.  Try to get through your thick liberal head the following:

Wolf does not have the POWER to exempt landowners.

For that matter, neither does the PA legislature.

And if that's not clear enough for you:

Wolf and the PA legislature acting in concert, together, do not have the power to exempt landowners!

The reason:

Neither Wolf, nor the PA legislature, is empowered to change pre-existing leases.

Period

I did suggest up thread a way Wolf might be able to absolve landowners of severance tax.  You obviously did not read what I wrote.  I do not expect you will now go back and read it.  Suffice it to say Wolf has NEVER discussed that method of protecting landowners;  and he never will.

macal

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 09:51:55 PM »

I suggested that same solution more than a year ago. Its all there in black print. Check it. Yaw and Turzai will bob and weave. But things can change.