Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 11 Years, 2 Months | DRBC: 10 Years, 4 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP)

• 9 Replies

Wax

Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP)
« on: February 22, 2019, 12:42:38 AM »
Someone is trying to tell me I could apply for this Federal Program and get paid annually by the acre.Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP)
I think a lot of you knowledgeable folks would have taken part in these programs if they were doable.
I did contact the Farm Bauer and waiting for a reply. However my confidence level is zero. 

riverrat

Re: Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 09:52:53 AM »
not available to out of state ers

Wax

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 05:28:38 PM »
Not available to all, but those, who can figure out the paperwork.That for starters.

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 08:35:03 PM »
Not available to all, but those, who can figure out the paperwork.That for starters.
The paperwork is secondary.  First is find out what you have to give up; it's apt to be substantial.  Second is eligibility.  No point to the paper if you can't participate.
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

Wax

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 11:38:43 PM »
The paperwork is secondary.  First is find out what you have to give up; it's apt to be substantial.  Second is eligibility.  No point to the paper if you can't participate.
Got to provide five pieces of information. One thru four is no problem. Five equates to doing, 500 one-arm push ups, with a cubic-yard of concrete on your back.

ghrit

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 08:44:39 AM »
https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/main/national/programs/financial/csp/

Looks to be available to all that are in some kind of land use situation.  Free to the successful applicants; I'll take your word that the hurdles are high.
www.survivalmonkey.com

Wax

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 11:45:52 PM »

Looks to be available to all that are in some kind of land use situation.  Free to the successful applicants; I'll take your word that the hurdles are high.
I cannot meet this qualification:   Operator of record in Farm Service Agency (FSA) record system unless an exception is granted.

ghrit

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 07:59:33 AM »

I cannot meet this qualification:   Operator of record in Farm Service Agency (FSA) record system unless an exception is granted.
Hm.  Well, I don't understand enough about how some freebies work, but clearly, dot gov doesn't intend that non farmers get paid for that one.  There are a lot of other programs in which participation is financially advantageous.  Try growing trees, for example.  I don't think there's payment involved, but there is reduced taxes in some locations.  Again, I don't know enough about it 'cause I don't farm.
www.survivalmonkey.com

Wax

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 11:35:39 AM »
I had very little hope, any of these programs are worthwhile unless your Green Giant.

ghrit

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2019, 02:06:11 PM »
I had very little hope, any of these programs are worthwhile unless your Green Giant.
HORRORS!!  All this time I thought you had 1000 acres of soybeans!!   ;)
www.survivalmonkey.com