Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 10 Years, 2 Months | DRBC: 9 Years, 4 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Dairy Farm

• 18 Replies

Rockdale

Re: Dairy Farm
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2018, 10:32:37 AM »

It looks like it over for small dairy farms in our area anyway. He spends his royalty money to keep afloat. Plus he is betting on the genetic breeding. He really has nothing else to do. He could just buy a villa in Mexico and call it quits.

>  The anecdote you relate above reminds me of the story of a Texas rancher who unexpectedly inherited a million dollars from a relative.  Someone asked him what he was going to do with all that money, and his answer was that he was going to keep ranching until all the money was gone.  Our fractivist friends, almost none of whom have any practical farming experience, are always rhapsodic about the joys of farming and claim that the natural gas business will disrupt a rural paradise.  The reality in recent times has been that it was gas money in many cases that keeps farmers in business by subsidizing their losses.

macal

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2018, 11:53:29 AM »

Correct Rock. Definitely made it possible for my farmer friend to stay in the business. He was losing everything til Cabot came to town.

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2018, 02:54:38 PM »

Correct Rock. Definitely made it possible for my farmer friend to stay in the business. He was losing everything til Cabot came to town.
I am confused.  So he wants to continue losing money faster on a bigger farm?  Somehow, I get the idea that he's a democrat hoping that before the well runs dry that the dot gov subsidies will be increased.  At least for the moment, he's pouring his own wealth down a rat hole.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 02:56:43 PM by ghrit »
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

macal

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2018, 05:30:57 PM »

Yea he gets his check on the 25th every month. Not from Donald. He gets his from Dan Dinges.