Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 10 Years, 3 Months | DRBC: 9 Years, 5 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Armstrong, Clarion, Butler, Venango, Forest, Jefferson, Indiana

• 7 Replies

PaNative

Armstrong, Clarion, Butler, Venango, Forest, Jefferson, Indiana
« on: September 02, 2008, 11:14:23 PM »
Is there anyone that can shed some light on the short term developments of these Western counties?  From the offer tracker it appears there is intereste in Jefferson, Indiana, and Butler, but there doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to lack of interest in the neighboring counties.

Native

OG_Geo

Re: Armstrong, Clarion, Butler, Venango, Forest, Jefferson, Indiana
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:37:07 PM »
Much of these counties have been under lease for the last 2-3 decades. These areas are all known for their shallow natural gas (and oil in some cases) production.

dwhst9

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 08:30:23 PM »
I don't know of any horizontal leasing/drilling going on in Indiana Co.  I have a bunch of shallow wells in Indiana Co., but am waiting to see what happens with the Marcellus play there.

PaNative

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 07:33:32 PM »
Much of these counties have been under lease for the last 2-3 decades. These areas are all known for their shallow natural gas (and oil in some cases) production.
Besides the reason of existing leases, does anyone have information that may shed light on this Marcellus play for those of us who own land in these counties?

Any information would be appreciated!!!

dwhst9

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 09:53:20 PM »
Besides the reason of existing leases, does anyone have information that may shed light on this Marcellus play for those of us who own land in these counties?

Any information would be appreciated!!!

My parents just attended a Marcellus Shale information session in Indiana this week.  I've been contacted by a couple outfits about leasing, but the offers were WAY too low.  This was a couple months ago.

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 09:17:14 PM »
EdgeMarc is starting to sign leases in Armstrong and Butler counties now.

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 11:00:32 AM »
The Utica is what's happening in Jefferson County.   Seneca Resources has an Assessment Well just off the Northeast corner where Jefferson, Elk and Clearfield meet and they report it is doing very well and XTO just permitted several off sets from their Utica test just off the Anita - Knoxdale Road.   If the land man comes knocking this is what they're interested in.

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 05:52:17 PM »
Hello and thank you for this thread.
I am unaware of anything going on in Clarion Co.
Treehugger