Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 10 Years, 3 Months | DRBC: 9 Years, 5 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Does Anyone Have an Opinion About This?

• 10 Replies

PointBlank

• I never met a man I didn't like ~ Until now!
Does Anyone Have an Opinion About This?
« on: September 09, 2018, 10:12:45 AM »
No, I haven't died yet ~ I'm still lurking and learning but now I need other's informed opinions about something I've just received from the UDRBC.  I'll post the link and it will be self explanatory.   

https://mailchi.mp/dfedd21ece54/last-call-to-activate-udrbc-membership?e=ded5f4f334

No doubt other ex NWPOA members have also received this same message and I'd be interested in knowing what some of your own thoughts might be about this.  Worth accepting up here in Northern Wayne County or just another 'waste of time' like the last so-called  "membership" was?   

Re: Does Anyone Have an Opinion About This?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 03:59:15 PM »
There was talk about lawsuits against DRBC, and the bottom line, would have cost hundred's of thousands, with no promise of success .

A Wayne Independent article from May 5, 2008 announces the formation of the NWPOA with around 1,000 members. If ALL of the original members of the NWPOA decide to join the UDRBC at $50 per year, the UDRBC coffers total $50,000. One can argue that with interest in Wayne Co natural gas exploration at a low, converting 1,000 members of the old to the new seems doubtful.

Being optimistic, let's say that all original NWPOA members convert. Will a bank account of $50,000 be sufficient to fund a long term, expensive lawsuit against the DRBC? Insuranceman says NO, It Wonít. Also, should all the NWPOA members within that 6 to 8 mile swath of geologically challenged shale on either side of the Lackawanna Syncline and itís extension up along the Susquehanna/Wayne border kick in $50? After all, they were never told that their shale was crap by the old NWPOA leadership.

I doubt that there is a more qualified individual than you PB, to sit down with the senior leadership of the UDRBC and ask them, face to face, why they need this money.

Good Luck!
What does the leadership know and when were they told it?
In it's present form, NG is DOA in the DRBC

Shale gas was going to make them rich.... then the checks arrived.

PointBlank

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 07:03:35 PM »
$50.00 they want you say Dr O?  I never got that far to see that. Screw me once shame on them, screw me twice shame on me.    $50,000 wouldn't even pay for the court reporter's coffee and donuts morning break during the many years of future litigation. And since I don't plan on living any longer than 100 years now I guess I'll just have to pass on this incredible one time offer.  Thank you Dr. O   So, how's your malpractice bizness going these daze ~ still raking it in?  :)   

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 09:19:48 PM »
PB, Have you looked at the Board of Directors of UDRBC? I am sure that you know more than one person listed. Ask them why they have more hope than all the gas companies did.

https://www.udrbc.org/b-o-d.php

PointBlank

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 09:21:52 AM »
Yep ~ I know quite a few more than just one.  But I'm DONE with ALL of this BS now.  Tomorrow, 9/11, I turn 84 and at times I feel like 104 but I somehow manage to just keep movin' right along. Mostly at a mere snail's pace anymore, but what the hell, even a snail crawling along on his belly gets to reach his final destination sooner or later. Right?  I'm in no hurry.  ;)     

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 10:03:03 AM »
Many years ago I was given a Chesapeake contiguous unit map for Delaware County NY, between Route 97 and County Highway 28, detailing the latitude and longitude of the surface, top of target, bottom of target and bottom hole of all the gas wells that CHK wanted to put in that area. Apparently Chesapeake, not being of sound mind and body, spent time and money producing the maps not knowing that prospective gas production stops at the Susquehanna/Wayne border.

Anyway, one of the people slated for a well on that map was a forum member, Mr Majik. We lost Mr Majik 3 years ago. Your point is well taken PB, slow is OK.

You should post more often, PB. You bring an awful lot of experience to the table.

admin

• RBSdot Web Development & Consulting
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 10:33:46 AM »
In December last year the NWPOA merged with the UDRBC.  The UDRBC was not created to deal specifically with natural gas leasing, but to create a powerful advocacy group to fight for the rights of property owners in the Upper Delaware River Basin.

An email was sent out late last December to all NWPOA members regarding the merger as well as an invitation to register as a property owner with UDRBC.  Many NWPOA members did that (no charge), but many have not.  The Last Call email was sent out as the last correspondence from the NWPOA mail list to members to encourage them to register with UDRBC.

Although all of the previous NWPOA Members do receive email updates about current items that the UDRBC is working on, those updates are tailored for public information.

Registered and verified (real property owners) members are privy to information that the public is not.  Items like the status of current lawsuits and planned strategies for protecting the rights of landowners from the religious environmentalists and over zealous regulators.

NWPOA members who decide to register with UDRBC do not have to pay anything and their membership is automatically good until December 31, 2019, at which time they can decide whether membership has proven valuable or not.

I am a board member of the UDRBC and would love to answer any questions that you may have.

https://www.udrbc.org
"I gave my kid a new credit card after he maxed out his last one.  He maxed the new one too and it appears that I am dumb enough to give him another one."  Too late now to stop.  The debt is too big.

duffy

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 01:09:46 PM »
Many years ago I was given a Chesapeake contiguous unit map for Delaware County NY, between Route 97 and County Highway 28, detailing the latitude and longitude of the surface, top of target, bottom of target and bottom hole of all the gas wells that CHK wanted to put in that area. Apparently Chesapeake, not being of sound mind and body, spent time and money producing the maps not knowing that prospective gas production stops at the Susquehanna/Wayne border.

Anyway, one of the people slated for a well on that map was a forum member, Mr Majik. We lost Mr Majik 3 years ago. Your point is well taken PB, slow is OK. Well happy birthday AJ!!!

You should post more often, PB. You bring an awful lot of experience to the table.

macal

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 09:17:44 AM »

So you guys in the DRB haven't been able to plead your case in front of any judge ?

admin

• RBSdot Web Development & Consulting
"I gave my kid a new credit card after he maxed out his last one.  He maxed the new one too and it appears that I am dumb enough to give him another one."  Too late now to stop.  The debt is too big.

PointBlank

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 09:41:40 AM »
Thanks Ron.  Finally got my sick computer back.  "Bare bones" only now though.  Lost all of my email ctcs and a whole bunch of other stuff.  My old Hard Drive committed suicide.  Starting all over once again from Scratch. "Fun" days ahead.  "To be or Not to be"? ~ I'll decide that later.  :-\