Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 10 Years, 9 Months | DRBC: 9 Years, 11 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Antis use forced pooling as lever in Colorado

• 2 Replies

shinobi

Antis use forced pooling as lever in Colorado
« on: January 24, 2019, 08:41:00 AM »
Anyway that is what is happening as best as I can tell.  Forced pooling is, of course, controversial.  It seems like the environmental crazies are seeking to exploit that controversy in order to impede drilling.

Macal, you're in CO.  Do I have this right?

Here is the article:

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/01/23/colorado-lawsuit-forced-pooling-oil-gas/

JT

Re: Antis use forced pooling as lever in Colorado
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 11:08:00 AM »
I'm not MACAL, but I am from CO and in the energy industry.

You are correct. This is the latest attempt to shut down energy extraction in the state. The antis have tried numerous legal and legislative tactics unsuccessfully including a ballot initiative in the last election to increase setbacks to 2500 feet. This would have shut down almost all drilling in the state. The economic impact would have been devastating, but they did not care. They sold it as "limiting drilling near schools and playgrounds", but the actual language of the bill was very different.

They will try anything and everything to force others to adhere to their ridiculous agenda.

shinobi

Re: Antis use forced pooling as lever in Colorado
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 01:33:53 PM »
I'm not MACAL, but I am from CO and in the energy industry.

You are correct. This is the latest attempt to shut down energy extraction in the state. The antis have tried numerous legal and legislative tactics unsuccessfully including a ballot initiative in the last election to increase setbacks to 2500 feet. This would have shut down almost all drilling in the state. The economic impact would have been devastating, but they did not care. They sold it as "limiting drilling near schools and playgrounds", but the actual language of the bill was very different.

They will try anything and everything to force others to adhere to their ridiculous agenda.

That is very good of you to post and I appreciate it.  We do not have forced pooling here in Pennsylvania, but rest assured they are trying about everything else they can under the sun to bring about their phony renewables nirvana!  And for certain they could not care less that real people are harmed as an outcome of their foolishness.  In New York, and in eastern Pennsylvania, they have successfully shut down drilling completely.

Upon reflection, perhaps it is better for us here that forced pooling is not part of our law.  If it were the crazies would most likely be trying to use it against us, just as they are doing in Colorado.  Until reading the article in the OP, it had not occurred to me that forced pooling could actually be used as a cudgel.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 01:36:51 PM by shinobi »