Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 10 Years, 4 Months | DRBC: 9 Years, 6 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Cabot O&G: A No-Brainer Play On The Natural Gas Rally

• 71 Replies

aktony

Cabot O&G: A No-Brainer Play On The Natural Gas Rally
« on: November 12, 2018, 12:19:28 PM »
From SeekingAlpha:
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4221276-cabot-o-and-g-brainer-play-natural-gas-rally

Summary

NYMEX gas has rallied ~15% over the past couple weeks, and is currently trading over $3.70/MMBtu.

Inventories are low, coal plants keep closing, and there is always a chance we'll have a cold winter.

With the Atlantic Sunrise pipeline going in-service, Cabot has contracts for another 1 Bcf/d of production - a 40% increase over Q3.

So we have a seasonal rising price environment going into a rising production profile. That has CEO talking "special dividend".

I reiterate my STRONG BUY rating and $30 by year-end price target.

macal

Re: Cabot O&G: A No-Brainer Play On The Natural Gas Rally
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 08:25:51 AM »

Love Cabot. Great wells. Great partner.
 Hopefully they can get some of that $4.00 pricing. Time to make some money.

macal

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 10:00:23 PM »

I mean I don't understand Wall Street.

macal

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 06:41:28 PM »
   $ 4.84. I mean its all crazy. Markets and Wall Street boys. Don't get it.
  Anyway looks like its going to be a very Merry Christmas for Cabot royalty owners as we get paid for the previous month.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 08:26:01 PM by macal »

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 08:28:27 PM »

I mean I don't understand Wall Street.
We know.
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

Wax

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 01:37:00 AM »
Insiders understand wall street. The rest have to use a financial adviser, and luck.It has gotten very hard for the individual investor. Up 40% in 12 months can be wiped out is a few days.
The pot stocks were( 2018) the big winners, until the last to weeks. Make the weed all legal and free up the prison systems. Huge savings for taxpayers, but prison guards are worried. :'(

JEB

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 02:22:00 PM »
Insiders understand wall street. The rest have to use a financial adviser, and luck.It has gotten very hard for the individual investor. Up 40% in 12 months can be wiped out is a few days.
The pot stocks were( 2018) the big winners, until the last to weeks. Make the weed all legal and free up the prison systems. Huge savings for taxpayers, but prison guards are worried. :'(

Two of the best mutual funds that you can invest in are the Vanguard total stock market index fund and the Vanguard S&P 500 index fund. Both are low cost to the investor and both do pretty much what the stock market does.  With investments, you have to be involved and understand Bull and Bear cycles to get the most out of it. Using Simple 5,10 and 20-period moving averages will get you started. Plot them on your price charts and use what works best for you. Also, you can draw trend lines, Both are simple to use and both work pretty well when you get used to them. Don't use money at first and just practice until you find what works best for you. You can also take a course in Elliott wave that will help you also. Beware of financial advisors it has been my experience that most of them know very little about the markets. They are salesmen out to sell you something and that does not mean they understand what they are trying to sell you.

Wax

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 10:45:59 PM »

Two of the best mutual funds that you can invest in are the Vanguard total stock market index fund and the Vanguard S&P 500 index fund. Both are low cost to the investor and both do pretty much what the stock market does.  With investments, you have to be involved and understand Bull and Bear cycles to get the most out of it. Using Simple 5,10 and 20-period moving averages will get you started. Plot them on your price charts and use what works best for you. Also, you can draw trend lines, Both are simple to use and both work pretty well when you get used to them. Don't use money at first and just practice until you find what works best for you. You can also take a course in Elliott wave that will help you also. Beware of financial advisors it has been my experience that most of them know very little about the markets. They are salesmen out to sell you something and that does not mean they understand what they are trying to sell you.
I agree with all you wrote. Good Mutual Funds, have good returns in bull markets. But when the market turns ugly, so does most mutual funds. The stock market Blue Chip Stocks are mainly gone. Kinder Morgan ,GE, GM, Exxon etc were can't lose picks. People actually took possession of the certificates and put them in a box. TSLA market value is highest in the auto industry and has nothing to show for it, earnings wise. Amazon, Netflix, Tesla are high priced stocks. Average people could maybe buy a handful of shares of one company. It would be a lot easier to buy a Mutual Fund that owns all the high priced growth stocks. 

macal

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 07:51:52 AM »

Nat gas is $ 4.50 this morning. Cabot stock should be moving up. We will see.

macal

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2018, 07:46:02 PM »

Its going the wrong way.

riverrat

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 09:47:35 PM »
you do now the O is for oil

macal

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2018, 09:58:27 PM »
  Cabot sold all their stuff down South.
 They are 100% dry natural gas from NE PA. Susquehanna County. Spent close to a billion dollars doing it this year. Great geology, great drillers.Time to make some money. Sorry Rat.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 06:21:09 AM by macal »

riverrat

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2018, 10:28:15 AM »
still in the oil business   sorry ma       cal

aubrey

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2018, 10:49:50 AM »
and they're looking beyond pa. afterall, they really don't have much acreage in the Marcellus, gotta plan ahead for when they run out of places to drill.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4181014-one-cabots-new-prospects-revealed

hope they don't screw up Ohio's drinking water and get shut down there too.

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

macal

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2018, 11:01:00 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving Vera. ??? ???