Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 10 Years, 4 Months | DRBC: 9 Years, 6 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Energy Sustainability Is Produced by the Free Market, Not Government

• 26 Replies
Energy Sustainability Is Produced by the Free Market, Not Government

Energy sustainability is the product of innovation and consumer choices best left to the free market. Government is terrible picking winners and losers.

https://naturalgasnow.org/energy-sustainability-produced-free-market-not-government/

macal

Re: Energy Sustainability Is Produced by the Free Market, Not Government
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 04:54:43 PM »

I saw where Trumps boy at the EPA is going to change some rules to give coal fired generation a fighting chance against natural gas.

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 11:00:05 PM »

I saw where Trumps boy at the EPA is going to change some rules to give coal fired generation a fighting chance against natural gas.
What is it about a free market economy that troubles you?
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

macal

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 12:26:52 AM »

Not sure. But are coal emissions and waste free.

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 08:45:43 AM »

Not sure. But are coal emissions and waste free.
Hey, if you want to live in a non-polluting cave with no fire to pollute the air around you and no hot water to clean up with and no lye-based soaps to clean with - go for it.  Just leave us normal people out of your plans...  :P

macal

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 08:55:32 AM »

Not my plans. But if you have a better product with less pollution and waste why not go with it. Especially since I am selling it.Things are changing in terms of energy. Cleaner.

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 10:41:03 AM »

Not my plans. But if you have a better product with less pollution and waste why not go with it. Especially since I am selling it.Things are changing in terms of energy. Cleaner.
Are you familiar with the concept of "highest and best use?"
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

aubrey

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 11:03:45 AM »
interesting though, that he chose what may be the perfect example of recent governmental actions to support the premise in the op.

Obama and the dems are against all fossil fuels, instead throwing tax dollars at failed attempts in renewable experiments. he placed the boot heel of government regs squarely on the neck of coal miners and their families, driving them further into poverty.

along comes trump, who lifts those onerous regs, letting folks go back to work in order to feed their families without government assistance, and both the coal and gas industries are doing better.

coal miners are working, and gas prices are up over 30% now that the children have been put back into their sandbox. rest assured though, the pendulum will swing back, and these ideological idiots will once again crush the industries that keep people alive and warm.

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

macal

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 11:30:17 AM »

Jim. Not seeing where Obama slowed down gas a bit. Not for me. Winners and losers.

aubrey

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 11:51:46 AM »
matt, you've demonstrated clearly that you'd have trouble seeing the lights of a locomotive coming at you in a tunnel. you are blinded by your ideology.

this is absolutely about winners and losers, and how things go wrong when the government puts its' finger on the scale of the free market.

Obama backed GM too.

10 trillion dollars spent in 8 years, for nothing. those chickens are coming home to roost.

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

macal

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 11:56:03 AM »
  You got your tax cut and your stock market. The line on Obama is he saved GM and got BinLaden. Not a bad legacy

« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 01:33:34 PM by macal »

riverrat

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2018, 04:19:56 PM »
saved GM so they could close I believe 5 plants & lay off thousand    & help me out her what did he personally do to get Osama  except to say ok   

macal

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2018, 05:26:08 PM »

Well. He sure didnt start 2 wars and cut taxes twice.

aubrey

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2018, 06:26:26 PM »
saved GM so they could close I believe 5 plants & lay off thousand    & help me out her what did he personally do to get Osama  except to say ok

gm is pretty much a Chinese company now. they sell 70% more cars in china, than the u.s.. and of course, those cars are built in china, by Chinese workers.

also, after the Obama bailouts, gm moved more of its' American car production to china, to take advantage of cheaper labor. this latest move is just more of the same, "thanks for the money suckers, now we can make even more money in your enemy's country."

yeah, Obama saved gm for the Chinese. more taxpayer money down the crapper, thanks to the worst president in American history.

obama sat cringing in his comfy chair in Washington, while real men took out his brother Osama. I think michelle has a bigger pair than he does.

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

macal

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2018, 06:58:41 PM »
   All these companies are multinational now. They have to be to compete. They are all looking for cheap labor. Mexican factory workers make $2.00 an hour.

Your long awaited full scale depression
 would have come about if it wasn't for all these bailouts. Maybe next time Jim.
 Obama didn't create the mess. He got it handed to him and did his best. 43 inherited a decent economy and so did Donald.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 07:12:51 PM by macal »