Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 10 Years, 10 Months | DRBC: 10 Years, 0 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Stock Market

• 167 Replies

macal

Stock Market
« on: December 17, 2018, 08:08:39 AM »

Natural gas pricing has been way up lately. But the producers are getting punished by the stock market. Just the traders like WJ making some money on the swings?

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
Re: Stock Market
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 08:20:55 AM »
Hey matty -
What do you use to correlate the price of gas to the price of gasco stock?
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

macal

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 09:21:23 AM »

That would help determine profit and loss. Isn't that what its all about.
  I think CHK and SWN are just day trading vehicles. I have read that opinion and pretty much agree. But I know nothing about investing. Way over my head.

ghrit

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 10:03:04 AM »

That would help determine profit and loss. Isn't that what its all about.
  I think CHK and SWN are just day trading vehicles. I have read that opinion and pretty much agree. But I know nothing about investing. Way over my head.
There's no correlation, they are largely independent taken in the short haul.  In truth even in the long haul the two numbers are not well correlated.  The market doesn't give a rat's patoot what the gas price is at the well head.  So far as over your head goes, we have that figured out ----  ;D
www.survivalmonkey.com

macal

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 10:16:59 AM »

I'd rather be lucky than smart and bitter like you. I am. Got some Cabot boomers paying very nicely.

ghrit

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 12:36:36 PM »

I'd rather be lucky than smart and bitter like you. I am. Got some Cabot boomers paying very nicely.
What on earth do I have to be bitter about?  (Another gratuitous leap to a mistaken conclusion based on less evidence than can be placed on the head of a pin, methinks.)

Further, what do Cabot "boomers" have to do with share prices?  (That will keep you busy researching a connection.  Oh.  Forgot, you like others to do it for you.)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 12:38:22 PM by ghrit »
www.survivalmonkey.com

macal

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 01:05:13 PM »

Calm down. You might want to avoid my posts. They seem to upset you.

Anyway all signs point to Cabot realizing a billion dollars of profit next years. Along with a pretty good 2018. Stock should be up in my opinion.

ghrit

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 01:15:30 PM »

Calm down. You might want to avoid my posts. They seem to upset you.

Anyway all signs point to Cabot realizing a billion dollars of profit next years. Along with a pretty good 2018. Stock should be up in my opinion.
I'm calm enough.  Nonsense posts attract my attention.  Nobody but you is as prolific with incorrect, misleading and incoherent posts and info.  Simply trying to train you to think before posting rubbish.

Then you go so far as to (as in this case) take this (your own) thread off topic.

Weird :-X
www.survivalmonkey.com

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 04:25:13 PM »
I'm calm enough.  Nonsense posts attract my attention.  Nobody but you is as prolific with incorrect, misleading and incoherent posts and info.  Simply trying to train you to think before posting rubbish.

Then you go so far as to (as in this case) take this (your own) thread off topic.

Weird :-X
Gosh and golly gee whiz there, ghrit.  You must have more patience than an old kitty kat playing with a wee little mousie...  And maybe more fun as well...  ;)

riverrat

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 05:57:06 PM »
the problems with ma    cal's post are there is a chance new people reading them don't know that he don't know     & some on this site have to make sure that people looking for information get the facts

macal

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 06:06:44 PM »

Rat, sorry about your fav, Chesapeake,
  is going to be a penny stock pretty soon. I might buy. a little when it gets there.

riverrat

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2018, 08:33:55 PM »
could care less what there stock's worth as long as they or others keep pumping & I get those great DEDUCT FREE royalties Grandkids will think I'm great when collage or house buying time comes around looks like they pay better than Cabot   

macal

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2018, 09:04:03 PM »

Yea. Thats great. How about your neighbors over getting their 1.5% royalty from Chesapeake.

ghrit

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2018, 11:29:37 PM »

Yea. Thats great. How about your neighbors over getting their 1.5% royalty from Chesapeake.
Now THERE is an uncalculable number.  Totally unrelated to the OPs thread.
www.survivalmonkey.com

macal

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2018, 06:32:47 AM »

I wasn't sure how to respond to paying for COLLAGE and houses for the grandkids.