Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 10 Years, 10 Months | DRBC: 10 Years, 0 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Obama scourge not over - Oil/NG opposition legacy alive and well

• 3 Replies

shinobi

Obama is no longer POTUS, thank God.  But his fetid legacy remains behind to haunt America through the ultra-liberal Federal judges he put into office.  One of the many anti-American geniuses Obama appointed has just halted drilling on Federal land for oil and natural gas.  The basis for this judge's finding is as specious as is the Obama judge himself.  The judge, and his belief system, are both divorced from reality.  But this is nevertheless a clear victory for Obama and his communists and a loss for President Trump and the patriotic Americans who support him.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/mar/20/judge-halts-drilling-climate-change-trump-administration

So fast forward ten or twenty years.  The communist liberals are once again in control.  They decide drilling for and production of natural gas on private lands is too great a risk to world climate and must be halted.  Is this really so far-fetched a scenario, given this group's unvarnished insanity?

Re: Obama scourge not over - Oil/NG opposition legacy alive and well
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 10:35:54 AM »
Obama is no longer POTUS, thank God.  But his fetid legacy remains behind to haunt America through the ultra-liberal Federal judges he put into office.  One of the many anti-American geniuses Obama appointed has just halted drilling on Federal land for oil and natural gas.  The basis for this judge's finding is as specious as is the Obama judge himself.  The judge, and his belief system, are both divorced from reality.  But this is nevertheless a clear victory for Obama and his communists and a loss for President Trump and the patriotic Americans who support him.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/mar/20/judge-halts-drilling-climate-change-trump-administration

So fast forward ten or twenty years.  The communist liberals are once again in control.  They decide drilling for and production of natural gas on private lands is too great a risk to world climate and must be halted.  Is this really so far-fetched a scenario, given this group's unvarnished insanity?
If the current crop of far-left activists gain the power to enact the agenda that they are currently proposing - i.e. basic Constitutional changes regarding the Electoral College, Supreme Court changes by increasing the number of Justices in order to offset the current "tilt", the raising up and mainstreaming of fanciful Neo-Druid earth worship (man-made climate change), etc. - then I'm afraid that the halting of all fossil fuel production may be amongst the least of our worries.  Somehow, I have trouble believing that the wisdom of men of any political party will free us from this potential morass.  So, as a fellow by the name of Joshua put it some 3500 years ago:  ",,,choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve..."

shinobi

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 11:55:53 AM »

If the current crop of far-left activists gain the power to enact the agenda that they are currently proposing - i.e. basic Constitutional changes regarding the Electoral College, Supreme Court changes by increasing the number of Justices in order to offset the current "tilt", the raising up and mainstreaming of fanciful Neo-Druid earth worship (man-made climate change), etc. - then I'm afraid that the halting of all fossil fuel production may be amongst the least of our worries.  Somehow, I have trouble believing that the wisdom of men of any political party will free us from this potential morass.  So, as a fellow by the name of Joshua put it some 3500 years ago:  ",,,choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve..."

Sad but so true.  Only in the past few days have I, incredibly belatedly, connected the dots on the following:

The Democrats are destined once again to assume total control of the executive and the legislative branches, as happened back in 2008.  I cannot tell you when it will be.  But the next time it happens there will exist a key difference.  Unlike in 2008, there will be ample precedent for confirmation of SCOTUS nominees by just a simple majority of the Senate.  The Republicans have already done this twice.

Most important, the Democrats will not require a death, or a resignation, or any sort of opening on the court.  They will be, instead, empowered to accomplish what FDR could not.  They will simply expand the court.  And, no, that would not be a violation of our Constitution.  But the addition of six new liberal justices will overwhelm anything whatsoever Trump might by then have been able to accomplish on the conservative side.

Given the above, and taking into account the climate change mania presently rampant among the Democrats, I firmly believe the medium to long term prospects for natural gas development are poor.  It's a pity considering America needs the low cost NG, and considering we have a 200 year supply.  But those NG advantages, and so many others, will be easy for insane Democrats simply to set aside and ignore, once they are in firm control of the SCOTUS and our other governmental branches.  They will, using climate change as their excuse, expend whatever money it takes to fulfill America's energy needs through expensive and unreliable renewable sources.  God help us all.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 07:58:13 PM »
For all the law suits against everything from fishing our waters, foresting our woodlands, mining our minerals, and harvesting just about any resource for the advancement of human beans.. we have fought.. law suits.. Wish I could find a place to get good clams again!

Take It Easy.