Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 10 Years, 10 Months | DRBC: 10 Years, 0 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Wildly left wing Towanda newspaper achieves new low

• 11 Replies

shinobi

Wildly left wing Towanda newspaper achieves new low
« on: March 20, 2019, 06:24:31 AM »
You are reading this forum's Bradford County board.

The newspaper in Towanda makes the WaPo and the NY Times look like conservative rags.  The Towanda newspaper is so left wing that macal himself could find work there . . . easily!

But this time they have gone too far.  The Towanda newspaper, whose editor is a NY resident (no shock there), has published a poll which calls into question the basis of Bradford County's most important industry . . . and our royalties!  You can see their BS here:

https://www.thedailyreview.com/news/

Scroll down to see the question in their "Online Poll".

Towanda's Daily Review:  Bradford County's green warriors

Towanda's Daily Review:  WABOA

macal

Re: Wildly left wing Towanda newspaper achieves new low
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 07:46:03 AM »

I just voted yes. Its a legit poll. Fracking isnt for everyone. Especially people that are not getting royalty checks and having to deal with the traffic and all the changes that happenrd as a result of the boom. Rents went sky high with the influx of all the workers. I believe everyone has a right to their own opinion.

riverrat

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 08:48:22 AM »
how about the fact that there neighbors are doing better all including out of town workers are spending more  job market is booming   Rents went up for awhile but the landlords quickly found out having a transient renter wasn't such a good thing lost more then they gained unlike you most   residence are happy for  others financial gain . No voters are against every thing but they have there rights to vote  you shouldn't because you don't live Pa. because it rains to much or your not welcome 

macal

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 08:58:43 AM »
  Why you say I am unhappy about people getting royalties?
  Why cant I vote again. Landowner and taxpayer and native.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 09:02:49 AM by macal »

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 10:32:53 AM »
Natural negativity impacts your world view, that's why you're unhappy.  (We observe your tendencies toward wanting more than you've earned or deserve, wanting 3 votes instead of the one you're entitled to.)
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

macal

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 12:10:05 PM »

I voted yes once. All I need. Well deserved. And appreciated. Rat didnt think I earned that privilege.

macal

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 12:49:31 PM »
Natural negativity impacts your world view, that's why you're unhappy.  (We observe your tendencies toward wanting more than you've earned or deserve, wanting 3 votes instead of the one you're entitled to.)

I am slightly pessimistic but far from unhappy. I am so lucky to be getting royalties. And grateful to Cabot that they are a great partner that drill great wells and pay fairly.

riverrat

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 01:02:09 PM »
didn't cabot cause all the problems with there bad fracing

macal

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 01:15:04 PM »

Probably not anymore problems than any company at the beginning. They did get a lot if press. They had Yoko Ono up there looking at the brown jug.

riverrat

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2019, 02:08:16 PM »
PROBABLY NOT

shinobi

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 04:40:12 PM »
At this hour the poll is probably not going the way Review potentates hoped it would.  It's more than two to one in favor of fracking.

After reflection do have to concede, in Bradford County, good number of pissed off Chesapeake royalty owners might have voted "no".  I did not think of that when I wrote the OP.  If not for Chesapeake, if we all had been treated fairly and forthrightly, I think there would not be so many negative votes. 

riverrat

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2019, 08:00:39 PM »
? circulation 113 higher then I thought it was. I give them maybe 1 or 2 years before there gone