Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 10 Years, 6 Months | DRBC: 9 Years, 8 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Spread the Wealth Among the Wealthy: The Story of the Taycan

• 9 Replies
« on: February 13, 2019, 11:13:57 AM »

Porsche’s new electric vehicle, the Taycan, is one only the wealthy can afford, yet taxpayers will be forced to foot the subsidy bill!

https://naturalgasnow.org/spread-wealth-among-wealthy-the-story-of-taycan/

macal

Re: Spread the Wealth Among the Wealthy: The Story of the Taycan
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 12:24:16 PM »

Nat gas might be making that electricity. Its all good.

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 12:29:09 PM »

Nat gas might be making that electricity. Its all good.
Seriously?  Taxes pay the subsidies for the uber rich to buy and take advantage of us deplorables.  Nothing good about THAT.
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

macal

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 07:57:24 PM »

I was talking about the free charging for 3 years. Not the subsidies. Regardless electric cars are coming.

ghrit

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 11:16:19 PM »

I was talking about the free charging for 3 years. Not the subsidies. Regardless electric cars are coming.
Who is paying for the free charging? Is that not a subsidy?  I drive 100K miles in three years, you drive 30K, so I get a LOT more KWH for "free" than you do.  Fair, d'ya think?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 11:20:18 PM by ghrit »
www.survivalmonkey.com

riverrat

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 11:25:20 PM »
didn't we hear that about the first electric car the chevy [ DON"T MAKE ANYMORE]   & how about all those hybrids sitting in car lots that no one will buy  they'll  be toys for the rich 

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 08:01:04 AM »
So, those that can afford a new electric car every three years get "free charging" (aka free fuel) while they own it,  which charging is at least partially paid for by people who cannot afford a new electric car, but who would be forced to buy a used electric if that's all there is, paying another sales tax on the deal, and then paying for their own fuel for as long as they own it?  Clever...  Talk about a mean, green, political machine!!!

macal

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 08:03:17 AM »

Who is paying for the free charging? Is that not a subsidy?  I drive 100K miles in three years, you drive 30K, so I get a LOT more KWH for "free" than you do.  Fair, d'ya think?

The cost is somehow subsidized by the VW settlement for faking emissions on their diesel engines. Porsche and VW are corporate cousins.

riverrat

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 09:56:43 AM »
where is the logic that the vw money should go to subsidies  electric cars     subsidies for the rich  is this free electric to replace refund for buying electric cars   Which buy the way some slick talking electric car manufacture  already used up his share   

ghrit

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2019, 10:21:19 AM »

The cost is somehow subsidized by the VW settlement for faking emissions on their diesel engines. Porsche and VW are corporate cousins.
Somehow?  Matters not a lot, the keyword is "subsidize".  In this case and nearly all others, it's a dot gov giveaway, unequally or unfairly spread around.  What happens when the pot of subsizing money from VW, Audi, and Porsche runs out?  Who pays for the three years of freebies then?

As a general rule, fines and penalties such as veedub was smacked with are intended to benefit the folks that were cheated.  Seems like you have other ideas.

matty, I've concluded that you are NOT the dumbest rock in the box, but thinking logically is not your forte'.
www.survivalmonkey.com