Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 10 Years, 10 Months | DRBC: 10 Years, 0 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Does Senator Pat Toomey's perfidious betrayal have larger implications?

• 28 Replies

macal

Re: Does Senator Pat Toomey's perfidious betrayal have larger implications?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2019, 07:24:32 PM »

Hey boys. Psst. Wolf coming for your guns first then your mineral rights. Pass it on.

riverrat

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2019, 08:21:43 PM »
Psst/Psst   late as usual  we already knew that

shinobi

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2019, 08:34:12 AM »

Oh boy. You guys got issues.

Your stupidity concerning politics in 2019 is transcendent, very nearly otherworldly.   For you it's still sixty years ago when we had Republicans vs. Democrats.  Today those antiquated lines are completely blurred.  Today it's the elites vs. traditional Americans of both political parties.  How do you think President Trump was elected?

Traditional Americans believe in freedom and liberty, in the American Constitution as originally written, and in the capitalist system that made this the greatest country in human history.

The elites believe in globalism, totalitarian government, and most recently in infanticide!

You never answer questions or respond here to challenges.  We all know why that is.  So challenge yourself to ponder and answer this silently, given you will not respond:

Conservative as I am, I honestly believe the greatest President of the twentieth century was a Democrat!  And I'm betting you cannot guess who that is.  If you do respond with a guess I will tell you who it is.  Otherwise you will never know.  And given your extraordinarily low level of curiosity about all things, I'm confident you neither care nor will bother even to hazard a guess. 

macal

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2019, 08:54:35 AM »
  I believe it was FDR. Im sure you chose
  JFK. Both rich elites.

By the way Shinobi I am very interested in politics. Im a Bill Clinton progressive. I believe in Capitalism but it can be brutal to even the hardest working people. Factories shutting down. Wall Street melting down.Corporations laying off their older higher paid workers.Lets through in the price of raw milk the last decade or so. Family dairy farms are pretty much a thing of the past.

You have to be good and lucky.
  I also believe in government.

I dont know you Shinobi. But if I were to guess I would say you are some sort of government worker. Either directly or indirectly. Thats far from being a capitalist.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 12:31:44 PM by macal »

macal

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2019, 12:11:32 PM »

Just trolling or what?

shinobi

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2019, 02:02:20 PM »

Just trolling or what?

OK, you win.  I will keep my end of the bargain.  You guessed so I will tell you as promised.

First, you would  expect my choice for best twentieth century POTUS to be President Reagan, a truly great man and an incredibly strong #2 on my list.  But #1 for me is not Reagan:

President Harry Truman, a staunch Democrat, is to me the best of the last century.  My reason is personal.  President Truman arguably saved the lives of three persons very close to me and important to me.  One was an officer in the United States Army, another was a United States Marine, and the third served in the United States Air Force.  All three of those individuals served in the Pacific during WWII.

President Truman had the stones, and the courage, and he cared enough about American lives, to incinerate tens of thousands of Japs, bringing about the surrender of Japan.  I doubt many modern American leaders would be able to make such a decision.  It's called "putting America first".  I'm not even certain President Trump would be able to do it. But Truman did it.  Thank God.  And President Harry Truman, a Democrat, was the greatest POTUS of the twentieth century.

They surely do not make Democrats like Truman today . . . . . . . or very many Republicans, either, I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 02:09:37 PM by shinobi »

shinobi

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2019, 02:07:55 PM »
Did anyone else see the Pat Toomey interview this morning on Meet the Press?  What a disgusting performance.  First he back stabs President Trump with his vote last Thursday.  Then he goes on NBC this morning to twist the knife.

Somebody stick a fork in Toomey.  He is done

macal

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2019, 03:14:09 PM »

So. You are a government employee?

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2019, 04:32:36 PM »
Did anyone else see the Pat Toomey interview this morning on Meet the Press?  What a disgusting performance.  First he back stabs President Trump with his vote last Thursday.  Then he goes on NBC this morning to twist the knife.

Somebody stick a fork in Toomey.  He is done!
didn't see this interview but I will look for it. Must be feeling the heat from some poll or another about his chances to get reelected. As for the greatest president of the 20th century, I would agree that he WAS a democrat, at one time.

riverrat

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2019, 05:25:03 PM »
Toomey would of got beaten the last time if it wasn't for the Trump voters that vote a straight republican ticket   I was warned about him & didn't vote for him he won't beat the next Dem. candidate   

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2019, 07:37:32 PM »
Toomey would of got beaten the last time if it wasn't for the Trump voters that vote a straight republican ticket   I was warned about him & didn't vote for him he won't beat the next Dem. candidate
He will beat the next opponent, who ever that may be. That's what he is doing NOW. Trump voters i think were more anti hillary than straight line republican voters. His voting record on guns and now the wall is a warning come late and probably forgotten when he does come up for election. A democrat senate in trumps second term?

riverrat

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2019, 07:52:22 PM »
only forgotten if we don't bring it up   there's enough Trump voters & Dems to take him down  He's a loser

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2019, 07:43:07 AM »
Toomey has an op-ed in the Philadelphia newspaper to answer for his wall vote. I'm on my way to work, but his answer does hold merit.

riverrat

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2019, 11:08:11 AM »
didn't read it but let me guess it's about redirecting funds which congress does all the time  If congress won't support the people & give the president the money he needs to protect or boarders he has to try what ever he can  Never Trumper Toomey just wants to protect & look good for his sanctuary city Philly hoping they'll back him in his next election NOT   They gave him the power & never tried to take the power when obam was there what's that tell you  He must be getting a lot of heat because he usually could careless what we think