Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 11 Years, 0 Months | DRBC: 10 Years, 3 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Trump Going to Houston to Announce Pipeline Executive Order!

• 33 Replies

insuranceman

• Mem. May 9, 2008
Re: Trump Going to Houston to Announce Pipeline Executive Order!
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2019, 09:35:16 PM »
Partly correct WAX, did have a group w/ attorney. When it came to the end though, got some addendum  that the group did not, & attorney was not Lic. in PA. & planned associate did not work out in the end, so I went through with final negotiations on my own. Also made a few more dollars then the group.
From May 2008,A long learning experience.100 plus acres in Susq. Co. core.,

Wax

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2019, 12:33:12 PM »
Partly correct WAX, did have a group w/ attorney. When it came to the end though, got some addendum  that the group did not, & attorney was not Lic. in PA. & planned associate did not work out in the end, so I went through with final negotiations on my own. Also made a few more dollars then the group.
Thanks.  also, I talked to other who said, the wood from the ROW was put in places nearly impossible to reach.

donegal

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2019, 11:20:50 AM »

Briggs v Southwestern. Rule of capture
  and Trespass rulings.
Got it, thanx.
Well, it does not apply to the case I'm interested in.  Looking for actual subsurface installation, say of a pipeline, done without an easement or lease.

O.K. Ghritter,
Here is a post that I found on another gas forum (p.m. me if ya' want more info.) quote:
"Reply by Joe Aldridge on October 18, 2013 at 8:00am
Good Morning Andrew,

I can attest that in East Baton Rouge Parish the assessor takes any sale of any property to be the current value of the property. I had a friend that pestered me for years to sell him 4 acres of land. We finally did. As it turned out the FEMA Flood Maps were wrong and the property, as THEY say it is in a "Flood-way". It has never had over 6" of water on the property and that was in 1983 which was the record flood. FEMA now wants any structure built or installed to be 6' above ground level. So now according to the Assessor the rest of the tract, Luckily, only about 8 acres, is now valued at 80,000 dollars. At 150 mills the property tax on that tract is $1,200 yearly. This Assessor does not care what the restrictions are as far as flood or whatever - Its the current value of the land as sold at a point in time and as far as I'm concerned that would mean any land SOLD to a pipeline company or anyone for any purpose.

I have an interesting case though. I had a pipeline installed on my property without a right-of-way agreement. It was a clear trespass. They ended up settling with me for a yearly rental. I don't understand why more right-of-ways are not negotiated from the standpoint of a rental of property rather than a one time payment.It would seem that if the right-of-way is abandoned  in the future then for the rental to go away then the pipeline would have to be removed. Also, a pipeline is a clear burden on the property and is on going. A rental agreement would be much more equatable than a one time payment.

I hope this is at least gettin' closer for ya'.

Donegal
We finally scuttled the Exxon Valdez (for the second time in her life), and turned in at the boatyard the ol'  gray Bismarck before she sank too..  Now I'm Captain of the most beautifulest boat ever, the "HMS HOOD", a 2012 stealth black AWD V-8 Chrysler 300.

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2019, 12:44:22 PM »
I have an interesting case though. I had a pipeline installed on my property without a right-of-way agreement. It was a clear trespass.
I hope this is at least gettin' closer for ya'.

Donegal
Don, that is WAY close, that IS very similar to the case in point.  The pipeline company did not do its due diligence AND the pipeline installer did not follow the permitted drawings that assume where the pipe would be.  They left it to the land owner to discover it, and when he brought it to the pipeline company, they blew him off.  We shall see how it goes, hopefully it doesn't get to court.

I can very well understand why ROWs don't go as rentals, but still, it IS an alternative.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 12:51:01 PM by ghrit »
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com