Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 11 Years, 0 Months | DRBC: 10 Years, 3 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Wolf at the door

• 93 Replies

JEB

Re: Wolf at the door
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2019, 09:52:34 AM »

Lets do some math g.

Say Rats well does 30million a day for 6 months. At 2 dollar gas thats $60,000.
  Times that by 180 days.
  Thats 10 million dollars.
   Lets go to the EUR of that well.
   Say 3bcf per 1000 feet on his 10,000 footer. That 30 bcf. At 2 dollar gas thats
  is 60 million dollars.

These boys are not going anywhere.
   Its the Klondike.
The drillers may not leave, but that doesn't mean that there will be any money left over for the royalty owners. Did you forget already that just a few years ago CHK was sending out bills to the royalty owners for the removal of there gas?

macal

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2019, 09:56:30 AM »

That took balls. Yaw should have shut them down at that point in time.

shinobi

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2019, 08:50:17 AM »
I'm first gonna raise the same point I always raise:

My land is leased but the majority of it remains undeveloped.  I think many posters here are in that situation.  Sure existing wells, including those serving the part of my land already drilled, represent sunk costs and those wells will continue to produce, severance tax or not.  It is instead the new well construction so many of us await that will be impacted.

Want less of something?  Tax it with an impact fee.  Want still less than that?  Tack on a severance tax.  We are doing OK with the impact fee so far.  It has been accepted by pretty much all parties.  A severance tax, OTOH, is guaranteed to harm us.  Only a fool, or a city dweller, would argue for it.

Wolf unquestionably has an ulterior motive for his severance tax.  A significant portion of Wolf's base, the environmentalist wacko fringe, wants NG kept in the ground.  Especially NG, which is beyond doubt the greatest threat of all the fossil fuels to their renewables utopia.  Anything Wolf can do to interfere with, or thwart, NG production in PA, even at the margins, wins him huge cred with these people.  A PA severance tax would be a coups, a massive victory, for the wackos.  It would be a stinging loss for us royalty owners, badly harming all of us, whether developed, partially developed, or as yet undeveloped.

All of that said, you have to acknowledge Wolf's unvarnished cheek.  He shows up here as if none of the above were in any manner operative . . or even true . . and seeks nevertheless to sell us a fraudulent bill of goods.  I am reminded, allegorically, of Peter Minuit's purchase of Manhattan Island for $24 worth of beads and trinkets.  Wolf is Peter.  He thinks we are as stupid as were those Indians.  Apt allegory or not, believe me Wolf thinks we are stupid.  You can take that to the bank!

Anyway, here is another account of Wolf's intrusion, this time from Bradford County's best newspaper, the Wyalusing Rocket.  No need for any messing around to read this.  You can just click:

http://www.rocket-courier.com/news/2019-04-18/Front_Page/Gov_Tom_Wolf_Speaks_in_Towanda.html

Take note that in the Rocket's much better written and more complete coverage of Wolf's visit, there remains no mention whatsoever of Wolf having spoken to the distress a severance tax would impose on royalty owners.  Why not?  Because for Wolf that issue does not rise to a level where such mention needs even to be a consideration.  This while he is standing in the center of a county having more royalty owners than any other in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania!

macal

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2019, 09:11:05 AM »

. Wolf loves natural gas. He just want a little piece of the action for the state.He is making a good case for it.

JEB

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2019, 10:00:01 AM »

. Wolf loves natural gas. He just want a little piece of the action for the state.He is making a good case for it.
Only a person with nothing to lose would make a statement like that. As I have said before I don't think you are a royalty owner in Pa at all.

macal

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2019, 10:37:05 AM »

I don't think I would be losing much and if was done Wolfs way I would be losing nothing.

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2019, 11:49:46 AM »
You have far, far too much faith in government.  And rainbows and unicorns.

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2019, 12:44:19 PM »

Let me have a little nibble now.  Later I'll ask for more.  He has no case other than sucking up to the urban dwellers that see the impact fee as a selective bennie for us hillbillies.
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

ghrit

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2019, 12:45:36 PM »

I don't think I would be losing much and if was done Wolfs way I would be losing nothing.
Probably not since you don't live here.
www.survivalmonkey.com

ghrit

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2019, 12:48:50 PM »
You have far, far too much faith in government.  And rainbows and unicorns.
Acorn, he has no faith in anything that we've been able to see except in the superiority of wealth dilution and redistribution.  He may or may not believe in those two items, but rainbows are real.  (Wolfie is bathed in them.)
www.survivalmonkey.com

Wax

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2019, 12:01:58 AM »
Wonder what the total tax is on that medical weed, that sells for $300.00 an ounce. Now they want to sell for recreational use. If you are a cancer patient the cost of recommended  weed in all forms is $500.00 a day for the first month. After first month $100.00 a day, and not a health program in the country that will pay a penny of that. There is a alcohol  problem across the country and have not seen any serious government complaints. Could it be alcohol , is a huge tax cow. Now where the real problem lies is the Opioid Epidemic. A patient in a nursing home or wheelchair or other serious disability gets a prescription for &10 to $50 dollars a month with a prescription card or not. No money in that for the governments. They and the insurance companies want the whole country on weed at $300.00 an ounce.
Anyhow wolf has his weed tax counted. Pa. report: Legalizing marijuana could generate $580 million in state tax revenues.  Slightly less than the Impact fee to start. But the big winner is the Death Tax of Billions a year. Yep Pa owns 4-1/4% of every individuals net worth in the state and it gets it all over again when that recipient dies and the next recipient. (excludes spouse but not domestic partner) No state has people stupider that Pa. It is the only state in the union that allows it without an elimination to direct descendants or exempt Dollar Amount. But not to offend anyone it's hard to overturn the law. It was overturned several time but stonewalled for the good of the bankrupt state.   

ghrit

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2019, 08:28:30 AM »
Wonder what the total tax is on that medical weed, that sells for $300.00 an ounce. Now they want to sell for recreational use. If you are a cancer patient the cost of recommended  weed in all forms is $500.00 a day for the first month. After first month $100.00 a day, and not a health program in the country that will pay a penny of that. There is a alcohol  problem across the country and have not seen any serious government complaints. Could it be alcohol , is a huge tax cow. Now where the real problem lies is the Opioid Epidemic. A patient in a nursing home or wheelchair or other serious disability gets a prescription for &10 to $50 dollars a month with a prescription card or not. No money in that for the governments. They and the insurance companies want the whole country on weed at $300.00 an ounce.
Anyhow wolf has his weed tax counted. Pa. report: Legalizing marijuana could generate $580 million in state tax revenues.  Slightly less than the Impact fee to start. But the big winner is the Death Tax of Billions a year. Yep Pa owns 4-1/4% of every individuals net worth in the state and it gets it all over again when that recipient dies and the next recipient. (excludes spouse but not domestic partner) No state has people stupider that Pa. It is the only state in the union that allows it without an elimination to direct descendants or exempt Dollar Amount. But not to offend anyone it's hard to overturn the law. It was overturned several time but stonewalled for the good of the bankrupt state.
Wax, you avoided mention of the severance tax. which is sorta where this thread was concentrated.  However, you are spot on coming up with another source of revenue for wolfie to bleed.  I see a bit of a difference between a severance tax that will impact just damn near everyone in the state in one or another way, and choice based sin taxes like weed, alcohol and tobacco.  Sin taxes will in some way self limit based on choices by the consumer; if it gets too expensive to consume, consumption will drop.  Obviously, prescriptive use may not be affected, but I would not count on it if there's no insurance covering the use.
Anyway, sin taxes affect only those that choose to be taxed.  (And yes, I'm not talking about the addicted.)
www.survivalmonkey.com

Wax

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2019, 11:13:31 AM »
Wax, you avoided mention of the severance tax. which is sorta where this thread was concentrated.  However, you are spot on coming up with another source of revenue for wolfie to bleed.  I see a bit of a difference between a severance tax that will impact just damn near everyone in the state in one or another way, and choice based sin taxes like weed, alcohol and tobacco.  Sin taxes will in some way self limit based on choices by the consumer; if it gets too expensive to consume, consumption will drop.  Obviously, prescriptive use may not be affected, but I would not count on it if there's no insurance covering the use.
Anyway, sin taxes affect only those that choose to be taxed.  (And yes, I'm not talking about the addicted.)
Yes I am off topic but so few comments , who cares.  I see the push to end the Opioid Epidemic because it make no money. Sure there is abuse in all, including priest.  Friend of mine was told by his doctor to try medical marijuana for his chronic pain. He said you don"t have to smoke it , take it with food. My friend refused and told his doctor he could not afford to pay for it. Doctor said there may come a time, he will not be able to write opioid prescription. Why ?

shinobi

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2019, 01:58:41 PM »

Yes I am off topic . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . who cares.

As a rock-ribbed Democrat, Wax has a problem with the topic.

He favors taxation generally.  This presents him internal conflict where the severance tax is concerned.

Democrats like Wax also have a problem with illegal immigration and open borders today heavily favored by their fellow Democrats.  Last thing in the world Wax wants is an overwhelming influx of unskilled laborers who will destroy prospects, and the futures, of lower-end American citizen workers he supports.  That conflict is irreconcilable.

Wax might not be tight with Republicans.  But many of his positions today are closer to those of President Trump than they are to the far left nut cases in full control now of the Democrat Party.  And finally remember, for Democrats a severance tax is merely a first step.  Their end game is forcing natural gas to remain in the ground!!  I seriously doubt Wax supports that end game.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 02:07:32 PM by shinobi »

ghrit

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2019, 02:56:53 PM »
Shin, I agree that our buddy wax is more repub than dem.  His problem, if I might be so bold, is with the rapid influx of folks that will do the job cheaper than union labor, and possibly not as well.  With that, I can sympathize, while considering that cheap labor in PA will pay less taxes than us pennsyltuckians, if they pay any at all.  In a way, I'm surprised that wolfie hasn't seen that light come on yet, and try to tax folks moving into the state.  (That is not more absurd than a severance tax.)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 03:00:02 PM by ghrit »
www.survivalmonkey.com