Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 10 Years, 11 Months | DRBC: 10 Years, 1 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Powerless: the high cost of cheap gas

• 0 Replies

claude

Powerless: the high cost of cheap gas
« on: July 11, 2019, 06:41:12 PM »
Take a look at this CBS special on a significant court decision in favor of private property landowner rights.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/powerless-the-high-cost-of-cheap-gas/

#naturalgas #landownerrights #undergroundstorage

In nov 2014 a couple filed a trespass lawsuit against EQT in Doddridge county court. They won in district court but EQT appealed to the state supreme court.
On June 5th 2019 the west va supreme court ruled on the couple's case. They won one of the biggest cases for surface owners since the strip mine cases.
The ruling requires gas companies to get surface owners’ permission before using their land to drill into mineral reserves under neighboring properties.

HIP HIP HOORAY! I hope there are similar wins for private property owners with respect to #undergroundnaturalgasstorage. Gas and pipeline companies are making $millions$
from underground natural gas storage on private property with little or ZERO compensation to private landowners who are the rightful owners of the underground caverns on their property.

The Federal Government, MS state government, FERC, Courts, and gas and pipeline companies have stolen my underground caverns.