Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 10 Years, 11 Months | DRBC: 10 Years, 1 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Toby Rice, the New Head of EQT Wanted to Drill Here First

• 18 Replies
Toby Rice, the New Head of EQT Wanted to Drill Here First

Toby Rice, the young, hard-charging guy who just won a war to take over EQT, the nation’s largest natural gas producer, wanted to drill in the DRBC region.

https://naturalgasnow.org/toby-rice-the-new-head-of-eqt-wanted-to-drill-here-first/

Re: Toby Rice, the New Head of EQT Wanted to Drill Here First
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 10:46:04 AM »
It’s interesting that a post by Shepstone this good had to wait until 2019 before it was born.

In this article, I see the word “escrow” and I DON”T see the word “syncline”. It’s about time!!!

The sheer amount of disinformation (crap) that was thrown at Wayne County landowners over the last decade is staggering!

You Have To Believe:

You have to be believe that forum member BBA02BL posted accurate, proprietary Matoushek core analysis on Dec 21, 2009, on this forum. Incidentally this proprietary core analysis is not available ANYWHERE else. Think about that!

If you believe that BBA02BL is not full of crap, you have to be believe that after Stone Energy drilled Matoushek and analyzed the core, finding it tilted at 40 degrees and way overcooked,  Stone Energy, in no particular order:

1. Hired people to go door to door on Yarnes Rd trying to negotiate a pipe Right of Way between Matoushek and The TGP.
2. Paid around $23,000 for water withdrawal Docket No. D-2009-13-1.
3. Hired the law firm of Duane Morris to represent them in the lawsuit filed by the Delaware Riverkeeper Network.
4. Continued to incur legal fees from Duane Morris until June 17, 2014 when Stone Energy  informed counsel for DRBC that it (Stone) would NOT be renewing the above docket, but would in fact relinquish that docket.

Seems odd to incur all that expense over 5 years on a gas well that has zero chance of success or is BBA02BL full of crap?

You got to believe that after Northern Wayne was declared non prospective for natural gas, somebody sent crews around to map the GPS coordinates of all the water wells around SR371 and SR247. These crews may have mapped other locations, but our property is in this area, so we KNOW this happened!

If you believe that BBA02BL is not full of crap, you have to be believe that The Delaware Riverkeeper Network hired Aaron Stemplewicz to represent them in a lawsuit filed against Stone Energy in developing Wayne County’s first commercial gas well. Not a “TEST” well but a real commercial gas well. A gas well that had zero chance of success if tilted at 40 degrees and overcooked to graphite.  Is The Delaware Riverkeeper that stupid? or did BBA02BL lead us astray with disinformation?

We are told that the NWPOA leadership was told by Hess/Newfield that Wayne County is geologically challenged with the Lackawanna Syncline, hence the reason for cancellation letters. When asked why the NWPOA Leadership did not communicate this info with its membership, we were told that the email system failed. You got to believe that the email system used by the NWPOA leadership was incapable of notifying the membership about the reasons (The Syncline) Hess/Newfield cancelled gas leases and to not continue into the development phase. But this same email system was OK to inform ALL its members about the April 2014 Pro Gas rally and the NWPOA leadership used the same email system to introduce its members to the UDRBC in February 2018. Who believes this?

You got to believe that Northern Wayne County is a geologically challenged area for gas production but the companies who plugged the Hess/Newfield test wells had severe difficultly in plugging them because of excessive pressure.

The NWPOA leadership gave its members just 3 short weeks to make one the the most important decisions of their lives regarding the Hess/Newfield lease. The reason for this haste,  posted on this forum February 4, 2012, was that theHess/Newfield knew nothing (or very little) about the syncline when they entered into a gas lease deal with the NWPOA. You got to believe that a bunch of dairy farmers from Northern Wayne Co were pulling a fast one on the gas company professional geologists and they had to “seal the deal” fast. Who believes this?

You got to believe that all the reasons given for the NWPOA giving up on Northern Wayne County: Shall we go over them one time?  1. No meetings. 2. Can’t really sue the DRBC; it would cost hundred’s of thousands of dollars with no chance of success. 3. Communication system failed. 4. No point in further debate as this whole issue will lie dormant until the DRBC does something, were ALL insurmountable reasons beyond the ability of the NWPOA leadership to remedy, if they wanted to.

You got to believe that the current Wayne County Commissioners and the current Pike County Commissioners will have the same pro gas exuberance as Tom Shepstone.

You got to believe that the good lord, 350 million years ago, restricted all the good Marcellus shale to the SRBC within Pennsylvania.

You got to believe that Peter Wynne, in his January 11, 2012 letter to All NWPOA members really did not know what he was talking about when he wrote “We mean to be a source of information and advice to those members whose leases have ended should they chose to seek another lease”. Yet The NWPOA leadership did not disclose their discussion with Newfield about the syncline to its membership! Now that would have been a source of information!

You got to believe that Vera Scroggins and Maya van Rossum have more power than Wolfe, Corbett, Rendell, Cuomo, Spitzer, Peterson and all the state legislators combined. You got to believe, if you’re wrapped so tight that it prevents blood flow, that a small group of crazy “anti’s” stopped gas drilling in the Delaware River Basin when EVERYBODY else important wanted it.

You have to believe that Energy In Depth (EID) is NOT a front group to the shale gas Industry formed by the Independent Petroleum Association of America AND you have to believe that in spite of funding by the gas industry, they (EID) will work for and support the interests of royalty owners. Sheez!

You got to believe that there ISN”T a semi coordinated effort to spread the word that Northern Wayne is geologically challenged.

You got to believe that Thursday, August 11, 2011 was just another day in the life of a certain few NWPOA leaders.

You have to believe that the construction of a well pad, that the erection of a rig capable of drilling down to Marcellus shale, that the high pressure compressors and the disposal of waste water does not constitute a “project” under the DRBC Compact.

You got to believe all the erroneous posts about beds tipping by certain forum members, who never paid for their own seismic survey, over one forum member who actually paid for a seismic survey that included his land and the area around the Matoushek well.

You got to believe that after all the gas companies withdrew from the Delaware River Basin, that only landowner money, NOT gas company money, has to be used to fight the DRBC moratorium!

You got to believe that gas companies would want to return to an area where MOST landowners would not be receptive to a $25 per acre boiler plate lease.

And finally, you got to believe that you sound credible when arguing out of the right side of your mouth about land owner rights denied because “it’s our gas” and then argue out of the left side of your mouth that the reason Hess/Newfield cancelled all those gas leases is because they said that there’s not much gas in Northern Wayne County because of that nasty syncline.

Hess/Newfield did not abandon Wayne County because of that nasty syncline! My humble opinion!
********************************************************************************************************
Actuarial tables say that by 2039 I will be dead. I don’t expect that there will be natural gas drilling in the Delaware River Basin during my lifetime. Having said that, I will plan and live my life accordingly. And that future does not include natural gas drilling in Wayne County.

Louie Matoushek passed away the end of March this year. It’s a shame that he never got to see what lies beneath.

For those of you who believe the opposite about drilling in the Delaware River Basin, all I can say is God bless you and Good Luck!

What does the leadership know and when were they told it?
In it's present form, NG is DOA in the DRBC

Shale gas was going to make them rich.... then the checks arrived.

Wax

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 10:05:45 PM »
The shale industry is not the ideal business. Southwestern has not leased an acre this year. There are tens of thousands of acres in northeastern Pa, Susquehanna river basin, not drilled or leased. The wells speak for themselves. The production falls off in the far northeast. Giving the gas away, does little to help. I will never live to see it, but the remaining acreage will someday be leased and productive. When prices rise or other areas are depleted.
But there is a investor shortage, for shale stocks, in DOW JONES record highs. Somehow they need to pay back 200-billion on cheap gas.

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 06:48:27 AM »
Yeah! Marcellus Shale ain’t bad for a wildcat play!

If the leadership of any landowner group wants my family present (for support) during a crash landing, then my family sure better be present during takeoff. And they were not! They were abandoned!!!
I see that PA HB 827 was removed from table on June 24, 2019. Shepstone only reports good news.

There is no doubt in my mind that the DRBC did wrong by us. Having said that Wax, is PA HB 827 real or just a shiny object?

aubrey

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 12:57:20 PM »

Shepstone only reports good news.

of course. that's his sole purpose here, to report on positive industry sided news and events.

nothing about industry abuses of mineral owners.

but I'm guessing that he is supporting ron, and that keeps this site up and running, so...whatever.

as always, it's up to us to perform our own due diligence.

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

macal

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 02:50:48 PM »

Shepstone and Willis have both gone off on the DRBC and Chesapeake.

aubrey

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 04:28:47 PM »
first: the drbc is not "the industry."

second: show me where he has said anything about chk or any other company in the gas industry taking advantage of mineral owners.

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 07:11:30 PM »

second: show me where he has said anything about chk or any other company in the gas industry taking advantage of mineral owners.

wj
Awright you ol' dinosaur.  Adapt to the new way of using the language.  Precision of meaning and factual accuracy is no longer a requirement, all you have to do is make an assertion and LO!! it becomes true.
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

ghrit

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 07:11:53 PM »

wj
Awright you ol' dinosaur.  Adapt to the new way of using the language.  Precision of meaning and factual accuracy is no longer a requirement, all you have to do is make an assertion and LO!! it becomes true.  For example, see the Washington Monument.  See that spec on the top?  That's matty inserting the obelisk into his rectum.  Seems it'll fit neatly.  Must be so, it's now been stated.

Gad.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 07:16:45 PM by ghrit »
www.survivalmonkey.com

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2019, 09:47:56 PM »
In isolated small doses, the Matty's of this world can be somewhat amusing targets with their idiocies and distortions.  But when you look around and see at least four of his clones now residing in Congress tilting/destroying an entire (useful) political party with their rantings, things get a bit more serious.  Not a one of them wants an honest and open discussion, they just want to throw blinding sand onto anyone or into the gears of anything that doesn't embrace their world view.  And, yes, some sand does blow in from the other direction - but mere dust in comparison.  Matty, I just wish that you would learn to be more careful in distinguishing fact from fantasy. 

admin

• RBSdot Web Development & Consulting
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2019, 10:59:18 PM »
Is PA HB 827 real or just a shiny object?
It is real, as is SB 305. It currently tabled simpley because it is a few votes short of getting it passed by the house.  It is still on the docket for September.SB305 was sent to the full senate last month.
The Wayne Mineral Group lawsuit was sent back to the district court to do the job it should have done in the beginning.  Now senators have been added as having a horse in the race because the state owns mineral rights in the DRBC watershed and can be negatively financially affected by the outcome of the district court's ruling when it comes down.  The lawsuit is funded by a private benefactor and landowners in the Upper Delaware River Basin Region.

Yes, Tom Shepstone has been a friend of the forum from it's inception, as well as a personal friend.  He has spent the past 10 years fighting for landowners rights against the DRBC and yes...  He is one of the very few who does on occasion prop up our finances.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 11:11:49 PM by admin »
"I gave my kid a new credit card after he maxed out his last one.  He maxed the new one too and it appears that I am dumb enough to give him another one."  Too late now to stop.  The debt is too big.

macal

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2019, 11:31:42 AM »
In isolated small doses, the Matty's of this world can be somewhat amusing targets with their idiocies and distortions.  But when you look around and see at least four of his clones now residing in Congress tilting/destroying an entire (useful) political party with their rantings, things get a bit more serious.  Not a one of them wants an honest and open discussion, they just want to throw blinding sand onto anyone or into the gears of anything that doesn't embrace their world view.  And, yes, some sand does blow in from the other direction - but mere dust in comparison.  Matty, I just wish that you would learn to be more careful in distinguishing fact from fantasy.

Not sure who you are referring to when you mention the four in Congess. But the four that I look to politically are Obama, Biden and yes the Clintons.

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2019, 12:00:19 PM »
Governments, governmental agencies and certainly the DRBC do not have their own money.

It’s our money. Taxpayer money.

And any damages awarded to landowners due to the DRBC taking HAS to be paid in some way, shape or form, even if it is just added to the debt from taxpayer money!

I have a hard time time believing that the majority (you need a majority) of state reps and state senators are going to stand before their constituents and argue that these bills are necessary and important to provide economic justice for us, while forcing some kind of extra monetary burden on their constituents (somebody has to pay for it) from the populated PA areas who don’t give a damn about us in Wayne County concerning an industry that does not have a stellar reputation.

Sorry!

I’ll believe it when I see it.

It’s wrong to lump the DRBC and the gas industry together but I bet you that the Philadelphia or Pittsburgh or Allentown constituents will.

Wax

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2019, 05:07:26 PM »

"I gave my kid a new credit card after he maxed out his last one.  He maxed the new one too and it appears that I am dumb enough to give him another one."  Too late now to stop.  The debt is too big.
Washington DC has used the same process, repeatedly and will do it again soon. The country is bankrupt. Your son is just in the same shoes, as most Americans.

Is PA HB 827 real or just a shiny object?
It is real, as is SB 305. It currently tabled simpley because it is a few votes short of getting it passed by the house.  It is still on the docket for September.SB305 was sent to the full senate last month.
The Wayne Mineral Group lawsuit was sent back to the district court to do the job it should have done in the beginning.  Now senators have been added as having a horse in the race because the state owns mineral rights in the DRBC watershed and can be negatively financially affected by the outcome of the district court's ruling when it comes down.  The lawsuit is funded by a private benefactor and landowners in the Upper Delaware River Basin Region.

Yes, Tom Shepstone has been a friend of the forum from it's inception, as well as a personal friend.  He has spent the past 10 years fighting for landowners rights against the DRBC and yes...  He is one of the very few who does on occasion prop up our finances.

ghrit

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2019, 05:43:56 PM »

Not sure who you are referring to when you mention the four in Congess. But the four that I look to politically are Obama, Biden and yes the Clintons.
That would be "the squad".  They are about equal in stature as, O, B, B&H.  Wonderfully erudite group, even if motivated by race.  (No matter what anyone says, it is racially objectionable to that bunch of endlessly pecking hens.)
www.survivalmonkey.com