Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 11 Years, 0 Months | DRBC: 10 Years, 3 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Berkeley, CA, becomes first US city to ban natural gas

• 8 Replies

shinobi

Berkeley, CA, becomes first US city to ban natural gas
« on: July 18, 2019, 06:54:20 AM »
Berkeley, CA has banned NG infrastructure in new construction.  This includes even single family homes.  It is an outright ban.  Here is the story:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Berkeley-becomes-first-U-S-city-to-ban-natural-14102242.php

You can expect other US cities to follow suit.

ETA

For anyone with doubt, this law was not passed in an effort to enhance building safety, Berkeley being in an earthquake zone.  The new law exists, instead, because they believe it will help in their fight against global warming.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 06:59:56 AM by shinobi »

Wax

Re: Berkeley, CA, becomes first US city to ban natural gas
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 03:22:09 PM »
I wonder what they pay janitors in that town ? the employee as in one.

The ordinance allocates $273,341 per year for a two-year staff position in the Building and Safety Division within the city’s Department of Planning and Development. The employee will be responsible for implementing the ban

Wax

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 05:29:37 PM »
I wonder what they pay janitors in that town ? the employee as in one.

The ordinance allocates $273,341 per year for a two-year staff position in the Building and Safety Division within the city’s Department of Planning and Development. The employee will be responsible for implementing the ban
I had to come back to this insanity. Think about this. No Gas Lines in New Single Family Homes etc:
This job consist of doing nothing. Are you going to find people digging their own gas line without letting the gas-company know.
Its going to the mayors, family member, beyond a doubt. Maybe I missed something ? Help.
And , what does the Building Inspectors do. Plumbing, Electrical, Engineering.  What is the tax rate in this town ?

shinobi

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 08:07:32 AM »
Maybe I missed something ? Help.

What you missed, Wax, is the entire reason this item was posted in the first place.  This is for you alone because, with the possible exception of macal, everyone else already understands.  Only liberal minds find this difficult.

The liberal extremists in Berkeley banned NG because of their erroneous belief in the myth of man-caused global warming.  Many liberals all across America also believe in this myth.  Following Berkeley's lead, some will succeed in banning NG where they live, too, as the years go by.  It could take between ten and fifty years before this trend impacts significantly sellers of NG like myself and other participants here.  But our supply of NG will be good 200 years from now.  And our incomes could be impacted in smaller ways sooner rather than later.  So any ban on NG is not only ridiculous and asinine, it can also be costly for ourselves and our kids and our grand kids.

It's just more liberal BS, Wax.  Traditional Americans are sick to death of the rising tide of  infectious liberal BS sweeping across America like a deathly plague.     

Wax

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 10:27:48 AM »
 "And our incomes could be impacted in smaller ways sooner rather than later.  So any ban on NG is not only ridiculous and asinine, it can also be costly for ourselves and our kids"
You do not have to be a royalty owner to be effected. I have many, many,many investments in the gas industry. Bad so far, but that's the risk I took. However, in conversations like this: personal financial involvements must be excluded. IMO.
And if you understood me, everything you wrote is a given. Cell phones, electrical of any kind, automobiles and most everything is far more of a danger to the environment and personal injuries.(than NG). Also: many areas in Pa. and nationwide, begging for gas service, next to interstate pipelines, cannot get connected. But shipping gas overseas. Why ? financial reasons.
As far as the outright waste of taxpayer money, that is another given, but felt the need to remention.
If everyone shared the same opinion, life would be boring.

shinobi

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 03:20:41 PM »
I take your point, Wax, about harm to your investment in NG companies.  It is good and valid.

You have to understand that, for liberals, their fight against man-caused global warming is tantamount to a religion.  And they practice that religion with a fervor beyond the ken of most rational people.  This is because, unlike the liberals, we are not insane.

Insane or not, though, they are a real, significant danger.  Currently they are flooding America with tens of thousands of Central American peasants.  Should those people ever gain ability to vote, you can stick a fork in our country.  We are done.  And it's not Democrats alone doing this.  Republicans share blame equally.  About the only person in power trying to fight against the liberal onslaught is President Trump.  And he has almost no support on either side of the political aisle, whether he is fighting illegal immigration or speaking out against phony man-caused climate change.  The Democrats attack him mercilessly, and the Republicans cower silently in terror, afraid of their own shadows.

They are taking NG apart brick by brick, by any and all means available and necessary, in service to their global warming god.  I do not know when, or if, their efforts ever will cease.  But I can confirm beyond any doubt the lethality of liberalism.

Wax

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 10:30:50 PM »
Shin, you can factually check ,what I"m saying, because it is factual.  ALL our leaders are responsible for destroying our environment. If I had to say where the biggest problems come from, I could not. Advancements in materials and electronics, changed our way of living, for convenience. But it created other shortfalls. In 1950, a person had about fifteen minutes to get out of a house fire, today seven. (rate of burn spread)   People born in 1930 had a 30% lifetime chance of getting some form of cancer. People born in 1960 have a 50% chance. Not to mention all the other health issues, headed the wrong way. Not only is there a decline in the middle class ! children cannot expect to live, as long as their parents did. The USA is number 30 in longevity, Cuba is 31 (world)
The borders should have been patrolled & enforced in the fifties. Really a very simple solution. Use the National Guard. In sixties the NG was used in city riots. Your not alone in your enthusiasm for a secure border. Let the politicians sort out the details for using NG. Advertise that NG will now provide border protection and start enlistment process, if more personal needed.  There are people patrolling the border for free, as you probably know. 

shinobi

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2019, 07:55:53 PM »
Your not alone in your enthusiasm for a secure border.

The border issue is directly tied to our NG futures . . . all of us.  Here is why:

The sorts of people now violating our border, when they obtain the right to vote, will in the main vote Democrat.  Those same people do not care about NG.  Their Democrat votes will be for other reasons.  But this makes no difference whatsoever.  It also demonstrates the political genius of the Democrat party.

You see, those millions of votes will ensure Democrat control of America for a really long time.  And with Democrats in control, the desires of their environmental extremists will be fulfilled.  It might not commence as an outright NG ban . . . not everywhere anyway.  It more likely will begin as a so-called "carbon tax".  Think this is far fetched?

Canada ALREADY has a carbon tax, put into place by the insane man-caused global warming crazies living there.  It was passed into law by the current liberal Canadian government, amid much celebration and chest thumping.

Point is, in America the Democrats need control to make such as this happen.  And votes from the sorts of people today streaming in illegally will put them into power . . . not right away . . . but eventually after the gutless Republicans compromise and their opposition collapses.

Trump cannot fight this and win alone.  He is alone.  We who have a stake in a NG future for America are also losing with each new illegal that enters (what once was) our country.  The environmentalists are winning and they do not even have power yet.  If we experience again what happened in 2008, when the Democrats took control of both the executive and the legislative branches, it will be over.  They will legalize all the newcomers with a so-called "path to citizenship".  Those people will commence voting Democrat, and the environmentalists will have achieved total victory.

Give the Democrats credit for having a long term strategy for achievement of their goals.  And the way things are headed, it appears to me their strategy is working very well indeed.   It's not longer "if" but "when".  It's only a matter of time.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 07:57:33 PM by shinobi »

Wax

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2019, 11:39:52 PM »
Your not alone in your enthusiasm for a secure border.

The border issue is directly tied to our NG futures . . . all of us.  Here is why:

The sorts of people now violating our border, when they obtain the right to vote, will in the main vote Democrat.  Those same people do not care about NG.  Their Democrat votes will be for other reasons.  But this makes no difference whatsoever.  It also demonstrates the political genius of the Democrat party.

You see, those millions of votes will ensure Democrat control of America for a really long time.  And with Democrats in control, the desires of their environmental extremists will be fulfilled.  It might not commence as an outright NG ban . . . not everywhere anyway.  It more likely will begin as a so-called "carbon tax".  Think this is far fetched?

Canada ALREADY has a carbon tax, put into place by the insane man-caused global warming crazies living there.  It was passed into law by the current liberal Canadian government, amid much celebration and chest thumping.

Point is, in America the Democrats need control to make such as this happen.  And votes from the sorts of people today streaming in illegally will put them into power . . . not right away . . . but eventually after the gutless Republicans compromise and their opposition collapses.

Trump cannot fight this and win alone.  He is alone.  We who have a stake in a NG future for America are also losing with each new illegal that enters (what once was) our country.  The environmentalists are winning and they do not even have power yet.  If we experience again what happened in 2008, when the Democrats took control of both the executive and the legislative branches, it will be over.  They will legalize all the newcomers with a so-called "path to citizenship".  Those people will commence voting Democrat, and the environmentalists will have achieved total victory.

Give the Democrats credit for having a long term strategy for achievement of their goals.  And the way things are headed, it appears to me their strategy is working very well indeed.   It's not longer "if" but "when".  It's only a matter of time.
Unfortunately money is the root to all evil. Sure what you wrote is very possible and gets help over greed. Migrant workers, by all means are a welcome source of cheap labor.  Problem is they never leave. So they use our resources,without them, or employer paying into our system. Actually GWB JR allowed millions on our SS system. Why ? to help bankrupt system sooner to prove SS,  does not work.
But really, IMO NG has a great future. Even where they ban it, what is used will more than likely be connected to NG. Either in producing electric, or manufacturing components of solar systems or wind turbines. In 2000 a company called Power-Plug said they would offer a whole house system run on NG or propane. They are still working on it, but it will put you off the grid. Its only a matter of time. NG is 97-99% efficient.  Battery racks from solar-systems are not only more, expensive, but hazardous and vents toxins. Not to mention disposal. But you'll never hear that from  Al Gore . He needs his own NG power plant to fuel his energy wasting life. That's a fact. Tell you to conserve, so he has more to waste. But I do hear you, and understand, there are crazies, that will do everything in their power so, ordinary people go backwards. They do it now with energy alternate generating tax. We all pay and some large company gets the grant with our money for a solar farm. If that stuff is so wonderful , people would not need a cent from the Gov to build it. Hope your enjoying your royalties and they just keep coming.