Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 11 Years, 3 Months | DRBC: 10 Years, 6 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Now Russian Gas Is Supplying Puerto Rico! Thank Congress!

• 6 Replies
« on: October 19, 2019, 07:37:45 AM »

https://naturalgasnow.org/natural-gas-now-best-picks-of-the-week-october-19-2019/

macal

Re: Now Russian Gas Is Supplying Puerto Rico! Thank Congress!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 09:32:57 AM »

The problem is that it has to be US ships that can only move stuff domestically. Obviously there are not any American lng cargo ships.

macal

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 11:00:46 AM »

Two solutions. Get some US ships or change the law for lng.

Wax

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 11:13:49 AM »

The problem is that it has to be US ships that can only move stuff domestically. Obviously there are not any American lng cargo ships.
If your past (Ronald Reagan) leaders choose a Global Economy , it is, what it is.  I personally watched America fall apart, piece by piece.  Family members, and friends  with good long term jobs, became unemployed..  They were given "two weeks penalty pay " because they were never given 30-day notice of termination .  My brother's job went to Germany . He worked for DuPont 24-years. Needed 25 for full retirement and healthcare. Over 2000 union employees lost their job at his location alone.
https://www.businessinsider.com/what-happened-to-american-jobs-in-the-80s-2017-7

riverrat

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 12:15:22 PM »
understand what your saying wax but who do you blame   The government & all there regulations   or the unions that priced the company out of competition our the company's greed our the fact it was either move or close the door or some of all above 

macal

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2019, 01:21:00 PM »

If your past (Ronald Reagan) leaders choose a Global Economy , it is, what it is.  I personally watched America fall apart, piece by piece.  Family members, and friends  with good long term jobs, became unemployed..  They were given "two weeks penalty pay " because they were never given 30-day notice of termination .  My brother's job went to Germany . He worked for DuPont 24-years. Needed 25 for full retirement and healthcare. Over 2000 union employees lost their job at his location alone.
https://www.businessinsider.com/what-happened-to-american-jobs-in-the-80s-2017-7

Wax. Was that the Elizabeth chemical plant?

Wax

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2019, 02:28:12 PM »

Wax. Was that the Elizabeth chemical plant?
DuPont auto paint and film plant, Parlin NJ.     Plant keep 100+ union jobs and still open today. No Union-Greed, all company greed. Ronnie allowed ALL Big Corporations to leave the US in search of cheaper labor.  If you look at the companies that left !  They were all Blue Chip Companies. The term blue chip means.  A stock that had a higher price every year consistently for many years.  In other words, you were pretty much guaranteed to make money. All of these companies shared profits with employees by giving shares of stock, each year. To buy your own, they would pay 50% for every share you purchased thru payroll deductions.  My Dad acquired 400K (Value in 1995) in Hercules stock after 37-years of employment.  He did have to pay taxes on his earnings of 350K.  Of course he had a free pension plan and healthcare for my mom. He was employed by Hercules Powder Co, before he joined the navy and they held his job and paid him a partial salary for four years. My father only went to the seventh grade, because work (money needed) was more important than an education. Hercules Powder Company had 3000 union jobs and made smokeless gunpowder for the gov.  It is still open today with 75 union jobs. They moved the gov contracted gunpowder business out of the country.