Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 11 Years, 3 Months | DRBC: 10 Years, 6 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Negative indicators for our NG future

• 45 Replies

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
Re: Negative indicators for our NG future
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2019, 03:14:36 PM »
Also voted.  The PA constitutional amendment should go down in flames, it addresses more than one subject.
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

macal

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2019, 07:15:03 AM »

Moscow Mitch's state of Kentucky went for the Democrat. Go figure?

shinobi

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2019, 08:01:31 AM »

Moscow Mitch's state of Kentucky went for the Democrat. Go figure?

Your post is very much on topic here on this thread.

I am most dismayed by this outcome.  President Trump went there Monday and held a wonderful and heavily attended rally.  I never saw coming what has happened.  Most of Kentucky went for the Republican.  It is the cities that put the Democrat in.  People who live in cities are not in the least smart to begin with.  Here we have more evidence.

As per the thread title, I see this Kentucky outcome as just another negative indicator for our NG future.  Should Democrats assume power nationally we are toast.  A loss like this in a place like Kentucky is very bad.  We need Kentucky.

I have continued to follow closely outcomes in Canada in the wake of their election.  It is there as if Democrats had won.  There were initially conciliatory statements from PM Trudeau on energy (oil and NG).  But in the last few days he is moving apace to implement a green agenda, very much at the expense of the producing provinces.  Those early conciliatory words were unvarnished lies, typical of the left.

There is no room on the left, whether in Canada or here in the USA, for fossil fuels.  Those people will move heaven and earth to shut us down ASAP.  That's what is happening in Canada now.  In the Province of Alberta there is active discussion regarding leaving the confederation.  Alberta is landlocked.  The other provinces will not allow their oil and NG access, via pipelines, to the oceans and thereby to essential foreign markets.  The other, left wing, provinces want Alberta's oil and NG to remain in the ground to suppress (they erroneously believe) climate change.  The oil and NG industry is Canada's largest.  This makes no difference whatsoever to the Canadian left.  No sacrifice is too great, to them, to save the earth.

I can easily envision a similar outcome unfolding here in the USA if the Democrats take control.  We are sitting on a 200 year supply of NG.  They will shut us down within ten or twenty years if they gain power.  In Canada, it's happening right now!!

ETA

A final note to macal regarding the Kentucky election.  He wrote "go figure".

I did try to figure it out.  Discovered a scary lesson for the Trump campaign.  In Kentucky there was a third party candidate, a Libertarian.  I checked on the guy.  He is a good, upstanding, guy.  That Libertarian candidate took enough votes away from the Republican to cause his defeat.

Now granted, it should not have been close enough to where a third candidate would cause what happened.  The Republican should have won easily in Kentucky.  But that is not what happened.

The lesson for Trump, for all of us, is that if there is even a slightly serious challenge to Trump from another Republican, or from any third candidate able to siphon votes away from him, it could easily be enough to bring about Trump's downfall and loss, exactly as happened in Kentucky.  And do not think for a moment the RINOs would not relish this outcome.  They would be gleeful if Trump lost, by whatever means necessary, and that includes their own despicable perfidy.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 08:15:13 AM by shinobi »

macal

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2019, 09:36:28 AM »

Natural gas has a good 20 years After that who knows. I do know renewables won't be able to do the job anytime soon.

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2019, 10:46:16 AM »
I really wouldn't worry too much about KY.  Republicans pretty much swept all the other races.  What I take away from this is that Bevin is strongly disliked and a large proportion of the voters were willing to realize that a Dem governor with a strong Republican legislature isn't going to be able to initiate any loony leftist bs plans.  So it's a stalemate, which if you ask me, is the best kind of government because nothing really happens and people go on with their lives with the gov't nose out of their collective asses.

I have no doubt Trump will carry KY next year, so it's a non-issue.

riverrat

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2019, 10:55:06 AM »
trump made it close  Bevin was down by 20 points

macal

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2019, 07:54:32 AM »

Horseshoes and Hand Grenades.

riverrat

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2019, 08:47:36 AM »
still not settled   yet that grenade might go off in your hand   

macal

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2019, 09:53:26 AM »

Didn't Boulton call Rudy a hand grenade ready to go off.  ;)

ghrit

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2019, 10:05:41 AM »

Didn't Boulton call Rudy a hand grenade ready to go off.  ;)
Who is Boulton, and where does hesheit fit into the negative indicators narrative?  Besides that, it's inaccurate; Rudy goes off every time he opens his yap for anything other than stuffing a pie in.
www.survivalmonkey.com

macal

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2019, 11:16:53 AM »
  He was Secretary of Something for a few minutes.
  He bailed out quick. It was a little too kinky for him.

ghrit

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2019, 01:08:00 PM »
  He was Secretary of Something for a few minutes.
  He bailed out quick. It was a little too kinky for him.
If you mean John Bolton, you are well off the mark, never was sec of anything governmental.  The question remains open, what does he have to do with negative indicators?

If you mean someone named "Boulton" that was a secretary of the local library committee, we need a reference to hesheit's resume.  Didn't like kinky books on the shelves, maybe?
www.survivalmonkey.com

macal

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2019, 02:19:04 PM »
  I didnt change the subject. Read the text.
Bolton Objected to Ukraine Pressure Campaign,
Oct 14, 2019 · “Giuliani's a hand grenade who's going to blow everybody up,”
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 02:21:22 PM by macal »

Wax

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2019, 10:51:37 PM »
Guys like Bolton  will never leave. They are the Henry Kissinger"s that run  (ruin) the world. 

riverrat

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2019, 08:03:24 AM »
Guys like Bolton  will never leave. They are the Henry Kissinger"s that run  (ruin) the world.
Bolton is another McCain would have us at war  in every country