Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 11 Years, 7 Months | DRBC: 10 Years, 9 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Hydrogen

• 3 Replies

macal

Hydrogen
« on: February 01, 2020, 08:19:22 AM »

Interesting article out of Germany. They are investing in Hydrogen technology for energy. My understanding is that natural can be used in this process. Good, another market for us if we can compete with the Russians. They pipe it in. Thats a tough nut to crack.

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
Re: Hydrogen
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 09:20:27 AM »
There are several ways to get at hydrogen, one happens to be using ng.  Not at all a new technology, tho' I imagine the krauts are improving the processes. The part I don't get is that partial "burning" of ng sorta uses up some of the ng in the process.  I am completely unsure what they intend doing with the hydrogen when the ng can be used without "wasting" ng to get it.  Saying that, there are fuel cell technologies coming along that might want a LOT of hydrogen rather than direct use of ng.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_production
I don't see the US competing with Russia in the European gas market just yet, and absent Russia turning off the gas, there will be little advantage for Europe to buying ours.  Let the Russians use up their resource, let us get the cork out of Cuomo's (and other's) obstructions, and we should have a pretty decent market for OUR resource.
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com

aubrey

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 11:48:59 AM »
why not just split water. water is abundant at the surface and releases oxygen instead of carbon.

granted, only 2 hydrogens instead of 4, but no drilling and only electricity required.

I've played around splitting water with my solar system and it's fun watching balloons filled with h2o gas lift off and blow up a hundred feet in the air. but compression and storage are impractical on a small scale and the energy density sucks.

wj
CHANGE IT BACK!

ghrit

• Member since October 05, 2008
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 03:29:44 PM »
why not just split water. water is abundant at the surface and releases oxygen instead of carbon.

granted, only 2 hydrogens instead of 4, but no drilling and only electricity required.

I've played around splitting water with my solar system and it's fun watching balloons filled with h2o gas lift off and blow up a hundred feet in the air. but compression and storage are impractical on a small scale and the energy density sucks.

wj
I think you and I need to sit down and mull this on over.  LOL
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
www.survivalmonkey.com