Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 11 Years, 3 Months | DRBC: 10 Years, 6 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Current Pipeline ROW Offers?

• 455 Replies

StoneBear454f

Re: Current Pipeline ROW Offers?
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 09:29:58 PM »
 Cicero...Does this preclude a prior signed lease for entire property...
   as an unleased landowner suspect this applies...if leased perhaps not...
   Your Sanguine Wisdom as usual...fully appreciated...
   Hail Cicero...the Forum awaits your reply... ;)

Riggs

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 06:48:18 PM »
Can anyone tell me if rollback taxes apply to pipeline ROW .  We are Towanda Twp.  Bradford Co. 

sam378

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2009, 06:58:32 PM »
Riggs,

The Bradford office told us not for a pipeline ROW but if a well is drilled then yes...Any questions or concerns you may have regarding the Clean & Green Program can be answered by the Assessment Office.Please Call 570-265-1714.
I think her name is Donna Roof

Riggs

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2009, 07:20:04 PM »
Sam378
Thank you I will call tomorrow.  The well is to be adjacent to our land.  Offer is $15.00 a linear foot.

rosebigley@gmail.com

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2009, 01:59:00 PM »
I suggest you specify that the company must pay for damages to crops and fence that arise from any installation and/or repair to the line.

Years ago I bought my property with an existing Columbia Gas pipeline ROW.  I fenced in a pasture for my horses, with the fence crossing the ROW.  The gas company tried to tell me I could not put fence on their ROW!  I had to get an attorney to defend my position.  The original lease stated that the Company would be responsible for damage to crops and fence.

Columbia is now upgrading their lines in Washinton County.  They are trying to upgrade the old leases as well... they need to so they can install a larger line.  Here's what they are trying to include in the boiler plate lease... "Landowner shall not place or permit to be placed any temporary or permanent structure or obstruction of any kind, including but not limited to buildings, mobile homes, trees, telephone poles or wires, electric poles or wires, water or sewer line, meters or utility boxes, paved roads or passage ways or the like on or over the ROW area and shall not store any materials of any kind or operate any heavy machinery or equipment over the ROW area."

I mow my field and take round bales to my horses with my tractor.  My sewer, water and french drain lines cross the ROW.  And they could consider my horse fence a "temporary structure" and take it down.  No, I won't be signing that lease!

As others have said, specify the maximum pipe size (limit to one pipe), the location, the minimum depth, that Grantor shall have full use and enjoyment of said premises except for the stated purpose, no herbicides,  NO 50' ROW!

mohawk70

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2009, 03:10:40 PM »
Write up your own text for the lease so that the pipeline company does what  you want [and does not do stuff you do not want] and so they can still build their updated pipeline.

For example, if you have a pond nearby, you may not want them to spray the ROW with herbicides to kill weeds and baby trees; you can require them to get rid of weeds and such by mechanical or manual  cutting and trimming and prohibit herbicides.

You may also require them to install fences with gate openings that you control or fences of your own design to be "horse friendly" ... but YOU specify the design [by a certain date, so as not to delay the bidding out of the pipeline.]

You and your lawyer write and control the wording.

Please remember:  The planet Earth is a VOLCANO.   You cannot "save" a volcano ... and volcanoes do not NEED to be saved.

mohawk70

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 04:17:26 PM »
This may not be the right place for this article.

In the May 2009 paper copy of Pipeline & Gas Journal, on page 4, there was an extremely interesting article, "Atlas Pipeline Partners, Williams Form JV in Marcellus Basin".   However, the text was not in the on-line version at www.pgjonline.com   The new venture is worth $250 million.  The new venture will own APL's [Atlas]existing Appalachian Basin gathering system  ... 1800 miles of gathering lines serving 6900 wells and has an average throughput in excess of 100 MMcf/d.

What I did was go on line and googled in some of the headline and found a bunch of press releases by Atlas.

Here is one in its entirety:

Press Release Source: Atlas Pipeline Partners, L.P.

Atlas Pipeline Partners, L.P. Announces Formation of Marcellus Shale Pipeline Joint Venture with Williams
* Continues Progress on Strategic Initiatives to Reduce Indebtedness
* Generates Over $115 Million through Joint Venture with Williams

On Wednesday April 1, 2009, 9:00 am EDT
PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Atlas Pipeline Partners, L.P. (NYSE: APL - News) (?APL? or ?Atlas Pipeline?) announces that it has entered into a definitive agreement with a subsidiary of Williams (NYSE: WMB - News) ("Williams"), to form Laurel Mountain Midstream, LLC (the ?joint venture?) in a transaction which assesses the initial enterprise value of the system in Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio and West Virginia at $250 million. The new joint venture intends to be the leading gathering system in the southwestern Pennsylvania portion of the Marcellus Shale.

Atlas Pipeline will receive approximately $90 million in cash, a preferred equity right to proceeds under a $25.5 million obligation (the ?Obligation?) from Williams, and a 49% equity interest in the joint venture. The Obligation amortizes in equal principal installments over a three-year period following the closing of the transaction, and the right to receive accrued principal and interest can be converted at APL?s option into an equivalent sum to pay joint venture capital expenditures Atlas Pipeline would otherwise be required to fund under the joint venture agreement. In addition, Atlas Energy Resources, LLC (NYSE: ATN - News) will sell to the joint venture two natural gas processing plants and associated pipelines located in southwestern Pennsylvania for $12 million.

The joint venture will own and operate all of APL?s northern Appalachian assets, which include gathering and processing assets in the Marcellus Shale region in southwestern Pennsylvania. This joint venture will manage the ongoing operation and anticipated expansion of the Appalachian system which will be utilized by Atlas Energy and other third party producers in the Marcellus Shale. Although the system will be operated on a day-to-day basis by Williams, all important decisions will be made jointly by Atlas Pipeline and Williams.

Gene Dubay, President and Chief Executive Officer of Atlas Pipeline stated, ?We look forward to working with Williams in this joint venture. Our net proceeds here will aid us in reducing debt and improving the capital structure of our business and the joint venture will also aid us by providing us the financial leverage needed to fund expansion capital for anticipated growth in production from the Marcellus Shale.?

The proposed transaction is subject to traditional purchase price adjustments, consent from Atlas Pipeline?s senior lenders and other customary closing conditions.

UBS Investment Bank acted as financial advisor for Atlas Pipeline, and Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. provided opinions to Atlas Pipeline?s Board of Directors.

Atlas Pipeline Partners, L.P. is active in the transmission, gathering and processing segments of the midstream natural gas industry. In the Mid-Continent region of Oklahoma, Arkansas, southern Kansas, northern and western Texas and the Texas panhandle, APL owns and operates eight active gas processing plants and a treating facility, as well as approximately 7,900 miles of active intrastate gas gathering pipeline and a 565-mile interstate natural gas pipeline. In Appalachia, it owns and operates approximately 1,800 miles of natural gas gathering pipelines in western Pennsylvania, western New York, eastern Ohio and northeastern Tennessee. For more information, visit the Partnership?s website at www.atlaspipelinepartners.com or contact investorrelations@atlaspipelinepartners.com.

Certain matters discussed within this press release are forward-looking statements. Although Atlas Pipeline Partners, L.P. believes the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, it can give no assurance that its expectations will be attained. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations include satisfaction of closing conditions, general industry considerations, regulatory changes, changes in local or national economic conditions and other risks detailed from time to time in Atlas Pipeline?s reports filed with the SEC, including quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, reports on Form 8-K and annual reports on Form 10-K.

Atlas Pipeline Partners, L.P.
Brian Begley, 215-546-5005
Fax: 215-553-8455
Investor Relations

Please remember:  The planet Earth is a VOLCANO.   You cannot "save" a volcano ... and volcanoes do not NEED to be saved.

wmasker

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2009, 07:55:41 PM »
you should figure what it will cost them to go around you then submit a counter offer. i am in the same process with chk at the moment and they have countered at $20/ft. i have heard it costs them 1 million a mile to run pipe. you should consult an attorney on the contract because the wordings are very vague. to their benefit of course. good luck and post any progress.

g592314

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2009, 08:07:54 PM »
my parents and I are in the process of negotiating a pipeline row w/ chk.  Does anybody have a lawyer they'd recommend for this facet of the nat. gas business.  The property is in Terry township Bradford county.  We're out of state.  Thanks

mohawk70

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2009, 08:26:36 PM »
Give Jim Pruyne a call.  He's in Towanda, Pa.   570-265-2115.

He was very helpful some years ago in negotiating with a pipeline company [Tennessee Gas Transmission] that went through our property in Leraysville, Pike Twp, Bradford County. 

g592314

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2009, 08:55:07 PM »
thanks!

ClarionCo01

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2009, 07:55:09 PM »
What about the value of marketable timber that may be destroyed by clearing the ROW?

g592314

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2009, 09:23:48 PM »
you can get a lawyer to add an addendum that will include words stating that the lumber is left harvestable, cut, stacked etc.

there are more important additions as well, "hold-harmless" or something like that to limit your liability.. and other things.... should only be 400-600 dollars for the lawyer

tiggy

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2009, 11:16:36 PM »
any offers in Greene county pa?  Consol just called sending out a contract to place a pipeline.  We just signed a lease with Cheif for mineral rights.  This is all new to me but so far the forum has been very helpful.  Should I make mention to Cheif that Consol wants a pipeline?  Would it be in my best intrest for Cheif to place the pipeline to reduce marketing costs if they ever drill?

Humphry444

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2009, 10:06:25 AM »
Atlas finances using public partnerships, reduces incentive to keep costs down.
Fee layers are so excessive, terrible deal for investors. I would avoid anything to do with Atlas.

RoW at 15$/ft works out to about 8k/acre.

Either cooperate and help or don't.
No big deal.
RH