Hello Guest
Landowner Rights Denied By Moratorium      NY: 11 Years, 3 Months | DRBC: 10 Years, 6 Months
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS US OPEN       
       More Information

Sandal's Journal

• 114 Replies

admin

• RBSdot Web Development & Consulting
Sandal's Journal
« on: July 12, 2009, 03:09:43 PM »
I would like to express my gratitude to Sandal and his family for the many hours they have spent helping to provide one of the best insights in Natural Gas Leasing and Production in the Marcellus Shale in Pa.  Also for his patience with me as I juggled the time to put it in a meaningful form.

http://www.pagaslease.com/journal_mp3_dsblk_04-30-2009.php

This is an excellent resource for anyone who wants a complete view from start to finish of a natural gas well, along with the personal insights of folks who have experienced it first hand.
"I gave my kid a new credit card after he maxed out his last one.  He maxed the new one too and it appears that I am dumb enough to give him another one."  Too late now to stop.  The debt is too big.

LCW

Re: Sandal's Journal
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 03:28:23 PM »
 :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 12:39:52 AM by LCW »

TERRY

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 05:04:53 PM »
If you broadcast this, it should get an Emmy. 
Publish it and get a Pulitzer.
Far and away the most informative (and interesting) thing on the forum for a longtime.

virtuallyme

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 10:17:19 PM »
 8)

schreidl

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 10:51:19 PM »
Everyone needs to see the pictures accompanying the audio.  They're scary...... Talk about breaking a few eggs just to make a cake....  It makes you think twice about signing anything.

virtuallyme

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 11:16:42 PM »
the reclaimed site looks great

crustyny

Re: Sandal's Journal psi ?
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 12:20:11 AM »
3474 psi  is that bottom hole pressure?

Looks very light.

g592314

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 06:35:39 AM »
light? care to explain?

sandal

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 09:00:47 AM »
Everyone needs to see the pictures accompanying the audio.  They're scary...... Talk about breaking a few eggs just to make a cake....  It makes you think twice about signing anything.

That's funny, I didn't feel scared when I was taking them!

What do you see as an issue?

sandal

Re: Sandal's Journal psi ?
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 09:03:24 AM »
3474 psi  is that bottom hole pressure? Looks very light.

I don't recall seeing that pressure on any gages. 2000 was the highest I remember.

PA~BOY

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 09:57:46 AM »
Sandal,

I would like to personally thank you!  It clearly took a lot of time, patience, and fore-sight for you and your family to produce this kind of information.  You have essentially helped turn the corner for folks who are still in areas waiting to see this kind of development, and are wondering what to expect.  Your reclamation process seems to look as if it went well, and the audio was great!

Thanks again!

PA~BOY

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 09:58:43 AM »
Oh, and ADMIN, thanks for putting it on the main home page, it should be getting the attention it deserves there!!

jumper

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 10:05:29 AM »
Let me add my thanks to the Sandal family and Admin for this valuable information. It demystifies the process for those who will be drilled.

Admin -should this report be Stickied?

rfscala

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 12:14:31 PM »
I ran into the new journal while entering the forum today --- had to stop and check it out right away.

This is really GREAT!  What an excellent way to literally hear about the process first hand...and to hear it in the owners voices is even better.

Thanks to admin and sandal for this very valuable journal. Excellent!

Robin

SANDAL..the photo array is fantastic, you did a great job of getting "before and after" with all the excitement in between. Again, really great.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 12:33:26 PM by rfscala »

rfscala

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 12:28:31 PM »
schreidl---by the way...

I have no idea what you mean by "scary" when you refer to the photos.  You sound like someone who is planted in here to spread misinformation about gas drilling.

If you can find something truly scary about the site, I would like to know specifically what it is.  The place looks wonderful and honestly, I have not seen a site YET that wasn't put into good order after being drilled.